Description: Candles provide light and its also art! :slight_smile:
Photo:
1020cafbsafdc

4 Likes

Prompt: zap
Team: gingerbread mayhem
Project Name: Snoopy and Woodstock ornament
Project Link:
Brief Description: my mom got me a few ornaments. I love Xmas themed Peanuts items.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: zap
Team: gingerbread mayhem
Project Name: Charlie Brown ornament
Project Link:
Brief Description: the other ornament she got me
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Prompt: October - Simile
Team: Gingerbread Mayhem :cookie: :partying_face:
Project Name: Owl ornament
Project Link: My first Christmas ornaments of 2020
Brief Description: This owl ornament is a lot like other owl ornaments and magnets I’ve made in the past, except this time I made it more explicitly Christmassy with the holly fabric! I made it for @AuFish in the Ongoing Ornament Swap, which is still going on and accepting new players!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Advent - Fallen Leaves
Project Name: Potions Shop ATC
Project Link: The Count and Potions Shop ATCs
Brief Description: I made this for @bluebird in the Ongoing ATC swap, for the theme “potions shop.” These bottles look fragile and breakable, but they’re made up of a combination of pen, colored pencil, and crayon drawings, as well as some with cut out bits of aluminum foil, washi tape, origami paper, and fabric. I had so much fun collaging this one together!
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Prompt: Pumpkins (Advent 3)
Team: Raking and Entering
Project Name: Art Journal Page
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: I made this spread during a Zoom journaling session with folks in the Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong. It has a face! That I drew myself! And even looks human! (I have about three drawing skills, so this is kind of a big deal.)
Project Photo(s):
20201010_140955

10 Likes

Prompt: October - Palindrome
Team: Gingerbread Mayhem
Project Name: Bootscornu
Project Link: "Bootscornu" Biscornu
Brief Description: All four corners of the top look the same as you rotate the biscornu. I made this for @irid3sc3nt in the OTT Halloween swap.
Project Photo(s):

9 Likes

Prompt: Advent #3 (Pumpkins)
Team: Up to Snow Good
Project Name & Link: Hummingbird Ornament
Description: This ruby-throated hummingbird has a face.
Project Photo:

6 Likes

Prompt: October - Malapropisms
Team: Raking & Entering
Project Name & Link: Best Kind of Weird - Trophy Ribbon
Description: Pickles rarely belong on blue ribbons, so I feel like the malapropisms prompt is appropriate with this one since it’s out of place!

Prompt: October - Hyperbole
Team: Raking & Entering
Project Name & Link: World's Best POB - Trophy Ribbon
Description: I’d definitely say this is an exaggeration of a regular blue ribbon!

7 Likes

Prompt: October - Simile
Team: Up to Snow Good :snowflake::snowman_with_snow:
Project Name: strawberry finch ATC
Project Links:
Description: I’ve been on a roll doing more realistic birdie art lately, and this finch makes number 3!

2010-clsffl2l

7 Likes

He’s mine, all mine!!! I love him!

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Prompt: October - Battle - Dictionary
Project Name: Mackintosh Biscornu
Project Link: Mackintosh biscornu
Brief Description: I made this for @Immaculata in the pincushion swap. I chose dictionary for the battle because I had to look up what biscornu meant the first time I came across the term.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Prompt: October: Neologism
Project Name and Link: Happy Embroidered Christmas Tree Ornament
Description: I used my embroidery machine for the first time in 2 years to make this. This required me to get out the directions and relearn how to use the machine (and fight with it!)
Project Photo:

Prompt: Advent #1 Autumn Leaves
Project Name and Link: Acrylic Winter Landscape Atc
Description: This was made with acrylic ink which took time to dry. While it is only a painting, it represents something found in nature with leaves!
Project Photo:

7 Likes

These next two were done for a swap and were based off things on her pinterest. Both pins were sculptures that I turned into drawings.

Prompt: Free Range #1
Project Name: enchanted forest statue ATC
Project Links:
Description:
Project Photo:
2010os-wlwtft

Prompt: Free Range #2
Project Name: enchanted forest mushroom ATC
Project Links:
Description:
Project Photo:
2010os-wemftef

6 Likes

Prompt: Zap # 1
Project Name and Link: 3D Houseplant ATC
Brief Description: This was pretty quick to make because a lot of the features in this were given to me in swaps.
Project Photo:

6 Likes

Prompt: October - Malapropism
Project Name: Party llama
Project Link: Filbert, llama and snowman ornaments
Brief Description: Most people probably don’t think of llamas when they hear the phrase “party animal,” but this little llama ornament is ready to party anyway!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Advent - Corn Maze
Project Name: Snowman ornament
Project Link: same as above
Brief Description: I think snowmen are extremely useful in winter, because they help me see a silver lining to weather that I otherwise am not fond of. I hate being cold and wet, but I DO like making snowmen! I hope this ornament also inspires some smiles! :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Advent - Pumpkins
Project Name: Filbert ornament
Project Link: same as above
Brief Description: Filbert the squirrel from Animal Crossing definitely has a face!
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

The snowman and Filbert are mine! You are so good with felt! The llama is super cute and festive, too! I love the embroidered stitches.

3 Likes

Advent number 4! :blush:

fwa-4

Halloween - Craft something that is used at night, for a holiday, is sweet, is black, has a cat, a costume, or for a child

:jack_o_lantern:

2 Likes

Prompt: Advent - Halloween
Project Name: skull and gem ATC
Project Links:
Description: The ink is black! done for a swap. (This was based off a pin on her pinterest, so not my conceptual idea. It’s not an exact duplicate, but it is heavily inspired and just my attempt at drawing what I saw.)
Project Photo:
2010piskbitfclmm

5 Likes

Prompt: October Battle: Dictionary vs. thesaurus
Project Name: Surprise for swap
Brief Description: This gift features a fleur-de-lis, which if you used a French dictionary, you would discover means “flower of the lily”. Using the towel on the left for this prompt.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Advent: Halloween
Project Name: Surprise for swap
Brief Description: The item on the right will be used for a holiday.
Project Photo(s): See above.

Prompt: October Malapropisms
Project Name: Mini Sewing machine
Brief Description: I’m not very good with polymer clay, and this was my first attempt at a sewing machine. There are a lot of little things that aren’t quite right about it, but I was still pleased with how it turned out.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Big time #1
Project Name: Mini Room book nook
Project Link: Mini Room book nook
Brief Description: I made this for the mini room swap. It is a book nook that features a living room, complete with big screen TV and remote, and a craft room upstairs. I had a lot of fun putting this together. I made all of the furniture, as well as the accessories. This book nook also lights up! You can see more photos at the Link, if you wish.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Zap #1
Project Name: Toad skelly
Brief Description: I found this image online, just in time for Halloween! Popped it into a frame and added it to my Halloween decor. Since my youngest’s nickname is Toad, he was especially tickled!
Project Photo(s):

8 Likes

Prompt: October - Hyperbole
Project Name: Snarky 2020 ornament
Project Link: 3 more ornaments for the Ongoing Ornament Swap
Brief Description: I mean, I guess this year hasn’t been ALL bad! I got to see SBC in person, and I got an awesome new job, and I have lots of awesome people in my life, so I guess calling 2020 a dumpster fire is a BIT of a hyperbolic statement.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: October - Palindrome
Project Name: Twinned ornament
Project Link: Same as above
Brief Description: You can hang this ornament either way on the tree: with the candy cane on the right and the stocking on the left, or the other way around! Just drape it over a branch in whichever direction you please :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Advent - Halloween
Project Name: Witch familiar ATC
Project Link: Witch Familiar, Camelot, and Degu ATCs
Brief Description: Here’s an ATC with a Halloweeny theme!
Project Photo(s):

I’ve still got a few things left to post, but I think I’ve run out of prompts, so I’ll wait for more to be posted before I start using up my free ranges :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes