He’s mine, all mine!!! I love him!

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Prompt: October - Battle - Dictionary
Team: Gingerbread Mayhem
Project Name: Mackintosh Biscornu
Project Link: Mackintosh biscornu
Brief Description: I made this for @Immaculata in the pincushion swap. I chose dictionary for the battle because I had to look up what biscornu meant the first time I came across the term.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Prompt: October: Neologism
Team: Up to Snow Good
Project Name and Link: Happy Embroidered Christmas Tree Ornament
Description: I used my embroidery machine for the first time in 2 years to make this. This required me to get out the directions and relearn how to use the machine (and fight with it!)
Project Photo:

Prompt: Advent #1 Autumn Leaves
Project Name and Link: Acrylic Winter Landscape Atc
Description: This was made with acrylic ink which took time to dry. While it is only a painting, it represents something found in nature with leaves!
Project Photo:

7 Likes

These next two were done for a swap and were based off things on her pinterest. Both pins were sculptures that I turned into drawings.

Prompt: Free Range #1
Team: Up to Snow Good :snowflake::snowman_with_snow:
Project Name: enchanted forest statue ATC
Project Links:
Description:
Project Photo:
2010os-wlwtft

Prompt: Free Range #2
Project Name: enchanted forest mushroom ATC
Project Links:
Description:
Project Photo:
2010os-wemftef

6 Likes

Prompt: Zap # 1
Project Name and Link: 3D Houseplant ATC
Brief Description: This was pretty quick to make because a lot of the features in this were given to me in swaps.
Project Photo:

6 Likes

Prompt: October - Malapropism
Project Name: Party llama
Project Link: Filbert, llama and snowman ornaments
Brief Description: Most people probably don’t think of llamas when they hear the phrase “party animal,” but this little llama ornament is ready to party anyway!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Advent - Corn Maze
Project Name: Snowman ornament
Project Link: same as above
Brief Description: I think snowmen are extremely useful in winter, because they help me see a silver lining to weather that I otherwise am not fond of. I hate being cold and wet, but I DO like making snowmen! I hope this ornament also inspires some smiles! :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Advent - Pumpkins
Project Name: Filbert ornament
Project Link: same as above
Brief Description: Filbert the squirrel from Animal Crossing definitely has a face!
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

The snowman and Filbert are mine! You are so good with felt! The llama is super cute and festive, too! I love the embroidered stitches.

3 Likes

Advent number 4! :blush:

fwa-4

Halloween - Craft something that is used at night, for a holiday, is sweet, is black, has a cat, a costume, or for a child

:jack_o_lantern:

2 Likes

Prompt: Advent - Halloween
Project Name: skull and gem ATC
Project Links:
Description: The ink is black! done for a swap. (This was based off a pin on her pinterest, so not my conceptual idea. It’s not an exact duplicate, but it is heavily inspired and just my attempt at drawing what I saw.)
Project Photo:
2010piskbitfclmm

5 Likes

Prompt: October Battle: Dictionary vs. thesaurus
Team: Raking and Entering
Project Name: Surprise for swap
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: This gift features a fleur-de-lis, which if you used a French dictionary, you would discover means “flower of the lily”. Using the towel on the left for this prompt.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Advent: Halloween
Project Name: Surprise for swap
Brief Description: The item on the right will be used for a holiday.
Project Photo(s): See above.

Prompt: October Malapropisms
Project Name: Mini Sewing machine
Brief Description: I’m not very good with polymer clay, and this was my first attempt at a sewing machine. There are a lot of little things that aren’t quite right about it, but I was still pleased with how it turned out.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Big time #1
Project Name: Mini Room book nook
Project Link: Mini Room book nook
Brief Description: I made this for the mini room swap. It is a book nook that features a living room, complete with big screen TV and remote, and a craft room upstairs. I had a lot of fun putting this together. I made all of the furniture, as well as the accessories. This book nook also lights up! You can see more photos at the Link, if you wish.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Zap #1
Project Name: Toad skelly
Brief Description: I found this image online, just in time for Halloween! Popped it into a frame and added it to my Halloween decor. Since my youngest’s nickname is Toad, he was especially tickled!
Project Photo(s):

8 Likes

Prompt: October - Hyperbole
Team: Gingerbread Mayhem :cookie: :partying_face:
Project Name: Snarky 2020 ornament
Project Link: 3 more ornaments for the Ongoing Ornament Swap
Brief Description: I mean, I guess this year hasn’t been ALL bad! I got to see SBC in person, and I got an awesome new job, and I have lots of awesome people in my life, so I guess calling 2020 a dumpster fire is a BIT of a hyperbolic statement.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: October - Palindrome
Project Name: Twinned ornament
Project Link: Same as above
Brief Description: You can hang this ornament either way on the tree: with the candy cane on the right and the stocking on the left, or the other way around! Just drape it over a branch in whichever direction you please :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Advent - Halloween
Project Name: Witch familiar ATC
Project Link: Witch Familiar, Camelot, and Degu ATCs
Brief Description: Here’s an ATC with a Halloweeny theme!
Project Photo(s):

I’ve still got a few things left to post, but I think I’ve run out of prompts, so I’ll wait for more to be posted before I start using up my free ranges :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Prompt: Research Project
Project Name: Sloth hoopla
Project Link: Merry Slothmas!
Brief Description: I decided to stitch something for myself. This took me more than 20 hours to finish.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Prompt: Thesaurus (October battle)
Project Name: Absquatulate ATC
Project Link: Bird and Word Swap ATCs
Brief Description: I made this card for roler in the Ongoing ATC Swap. Absquatulate is the kind of word you find in the thesaurus when you don’t want to say “leave.”
Project Photo(s): Photo by roler
IMG_20201014_181336
Prompt: Autumn Leaves (Advent 1)
Project Name: Bionic Bird ATC
Project Link: Bird and Word Swap ATCs
Brief Description: I made this card for bluebird in the same swap. His name is Brian, and I may be biased, but I think he’s pretty fun. I definitely had a lot of fun with the bionic bird concept.
Project Photo(s):
20201022_165021
Prompt: Corn Maze (Advent 2)
Project Name: Unforeseen Genius
Project Link: "Unforeseen Genius" Journal Page
Brief Description: There’s a lot of paint and glue here, which both take time to dry.
Project Photo(s):
20201022_182857

8 Likes

This is perfect for the battle! I love it!

1 Like

Thanks! I really wanted to support Team Thesaurus this month…

3 Likes

Prompt: Zap 1
Project Name: Voting Merit Badge
Brief Description: I’m normally all over the “I Voted” sticker at the polls, but this year it seemed like an unnecessary potential source of contamination. So I turned an inchie merit badge base into a replacement. (I made the base a while ago; the only “crafting” I did this term was adding the writing, which is why it’s a zap.)
Project Photo(s):
20201029_202733

Prompt: Zap 2
Project Name: Scribbly Papers
Brief Description: I tore up some graph paper and scribbled all over it with Sharpies as a busy-crafting exercise during the Zoom yesterday. They’ll be good as collage papers or some other crafty element.
Project Photo(s):
20201029_202444

5 Likes

Prompt: October: Battle: Thesaurus
Project Name: Autumn Theme Atc
Project Description:
I made this for bluebird in the ongoing atc swap. bluebird, don’t look if you don’t want your surprise spoiled!
Nowadays, the word mask carries a different meaning than it does in the context of this atc.

Project Photo:

The other atc will probably fit another prompt, but I’ll let it be for now until she receives. I wanted to post the other for our time sensitive battle prompt!

4 Likes

Prompt: Big Time # 1
Project Name: A set of fabric wrapped bowls
Brief Description: I was surprised how long this “easy” project took! Each bowl easily took me 9-10 hours. Wrap! Wrap! Sew. Wrap! Wrap! Sew. Repeat.
Project Photo:

4 Likes

To everyone who sent an address for a Bingo prize, I promise I’m working on it! I thought I would get a lot done this week, but that hasn’t happened. I hope to get them out next week, depending on work. Thank you for your patience!

@Bluebird
Ahhh, gift tags! So lovely. We’ve just taken to assigning wrapping paper to each other because I’m that lazy. I need to step up my wrapping game!

I like the misheard lyrics, yes, wine allllllll around! And Blathers, oh, Blathers! I’m so addicted to that game… That little Red Riding Hood ATC is gorgeous! The candle is really well-done, I love black and white art.

That finch is amazing! Yes to your realistic bird roll!

@storerboughtcreation
Loving the pumpkins!!! And your biscornus are to die for, so amazing. Merry Slothmas is just perfection!

@Megwell
I need to get back into ATCs, and when I was doing Lifebook there were a lot of collage pages and I never seemed to get them to look that put together! Thanks for the tips on it, too!

@gozer
I love love love Lucille the Seal!!! And the sloth. And your art.

@appledainty
Wow, that embroidered shirt is amazing!!!

@Lynx
Haha, adorable cat snowman cupcake! I’ve never seen crocheted Kokeshi dolls, how fun! That hummingbird ornament is lovely, and is the christmas tree one! I want an embroidr=ery machine so much, but I’m afraid I won’t use it enough to justify it.

@roler
Oh my, the Count ATC is so perfect! I love your felties, I wish I’d seen the owl one before Hidden Owl Operation (HOO) where we owled a friend’s house when she was gone… I’m putting that on the list for next time, it’s perfect!

@kwality570
Ooooh, great use of weaving, it looks lovely and would be a less intimidating place for novice weavers to start… I might have to try that!

I need that ribbon in my life… I love pickles, and weirdness!!!

@Bunny1kenobi
Hello Kitty! In a bowl cozy! One of these days I need to make some bowl cozies… I see everyone else’s and am so jealous every time I have to get a hot bowl out of the microwave! Your mini tins are amazing, too!!! That vampire lair is perfect. And the mini sofa looks great! And I’m glad you added the penny, because, wow, that is smaller than I thought it was!

5 Likes