CLOSED: Nerd Games - Fall 2021

I just filled out my project list. There’s room to shuffle depending upon the advent prompts, but I am feeling energized!

1 Like

Prompt: Research Project
Team: Don’t Stop Beleafing
Project Name: Nya Mosaic blanket
Project Link: Nya mosaic rainbow blanket
Brief Description: I tried so hard to finish this last night, but I didn’t finish until 4am. This took me about 36 hours
Project Photo(s):

9 Likes

@storerboughtcreation that blanket is absolutely amazing. It looks like it was a lot of work. I love the way the colors flow into each other and the colors you chose.

2 Likes

That blanket is fantastic!!

2 Likes

It is simply gorgeous! As gozer said, the way the colors flow is just perfect. Between the pattern and the colors, it’s a bit mesmerizing!

2 Likes

Prompt: October - Battle - Falling Leaves
Project Name: Speedy little snail
Project Link: Shelma the Pumpkin Snail
Brief Description: I made this up in just over an hour. It was a fun and easy pattern. It has leaves on the pumpkin, and I can also picture little Shelma snailing her way through the fall leaves covering a garden plot.
Project Photo(s):

9 Likes

Oh my gosh @storerboughtcreation ! That is the cutest thing I have ever seen! I love the little pumpkin snail so much.

1 Like

Prompt: Free Range #1
Project Name: Halloween Wreath
Project Link: Halloween Wreath
Brief Description: I bought this kit in 2014 and finally pulled out the rest of the supplies to make it (I needed ink, glue, stamps). I didn’t have the stamp set that coordinated with the wreath, so I originally used an alphabet set to stamp the “Trick or Treat”, but ended up just printing it on my printer after I glued it on wrong and couldn’t save it. And, I went with a Free Range prompt because I wanted to make sure I got it posted.

Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

It’s so cute! How big did it turn out to be? I might not get mine made for Halloween, but it’s still on my list :slight_smile:

1 Like

She is 5.5” from base to top of hat, and 4 inches from front to the tip of the tail. I used worsted weight yarn and a G hook. I hope you make yours! I want to see it! :blush:

The only change I made was to the purple band on the hat. I surface slip stitched around instead of making a separate chain and sewing on.

1 Like

I’ll try to get one made! I can put it on my desk at school :slight_smile:

1 Like

Prompt: Free Range 1
Team: :corn: (So corn-fused)
Project Name: Wire corner spider web
Project Link:Wire Spider Web Corner
Brief Description: I made this fun wire web to sit in the frame between our dining room & living room. I also made beaded “Spinderella” to sit in there

Prompt: October- Mulled Cider
Team: :corn: (Corn you feel the love tonight)
Project Name: Applecider donut icecream sandwiches
Brief Description: Homemade apple cider donuts cut in half with homemade vanilla icecream, next time I think I’d add chunks of cooked apple & caramel for more of a sundae feel. so good!
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

I think you got a little corn-fused on your team name in that second one :joy: :joy: :joy:

That bagel looks DELICIOUS! Can I come over for dessert? :grin:

2 Likes

Prompt: Research Project
Project Name: Pretty tree blanket
Project Link: Fir trees all in a row 🌲
Brief Description: This blanket took me over 80 hours to finish, and I love it so much. I want to make another one. The pattern was a lot of fun, and not too repetitive since so much is going on.
Project Photo(s):

9 Likes

OMG! I absolutely love this blanket! It’s simply amazing, and I truly bow down to your crochet greatness.

2 Likes

Wow, girl, you got some crazy crochet skillz! :astonished: I love it!

2 Likes

Prompt: October – Hay Rides
Team: Gourd of the Rings
Project Name: Halloween Countdown
Project Link: Halloween Countdown
Brief Description: I made this Halloween countdown for the Halloween Spooktactular swap. It felt great to craft again. Life has been so hectic. It is comprised of several parts.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Your pumpkin person looks like what I picture The Great Pumpkin that Linus waits for every year would look like. I love it!

2 Likes

Such an adorable pumpkin! I have missed all your crafty posts, too! :blush:

2 Likes

Prompt: Research #1
Team: :corn: utter corn-age
Project Name: Starmie cushion
Project Link:
Brief Description: My 25 year old son made a request for his birthday. I learned quite a bit, did WAY too much hand sewing. IF I ever made another one, I would do things much more simply, but he likes it. It is about 24" across
Project Pic

6 Likes