CLOSED: Nerd Games - Fall 2021

Happy Fall / Winter quarter! This quarter we are doing a 12 week advent event! Each week on Sunday I will post a new prompt for you to craft. These prompts are just like the normal monthly prompts, and are in addition to the normal monthly prompts. You will just have a lot more prompts this season to work with! Have fun and Happy holidays! This event begins on October 3rd!

advent-4623521_1280 (2) advent-4623521_1280 (3) advent-4623521_1280 (4) advent-4623521_1280 (5)

• Oct. 3 - migration - craft something that has feathers, that has a bird, that changes colors, that either travels (i.e. mail envelope) or is used for traveling.
  • Oct. 10 - rain - craft something blue or grey, that you used water to make, or makes a soothing sound, or is simply soothing to you
  • Oct. 17 - apple orchard - craft something that has red, green or yellow, something round or is a food item
  • Oct. 24 - candy corn - craft something sweet, that that has multiples/duplicates, that has yellow, white or orange on it

advent-4623521_1280 (6) advent-4623521_1280 (7) advent-4623521_1280 (8) advent-4623521_1280 (10)

• Oct. 31 - warm clothing - craft something that you wear, that is warm, that goes over something, or that you find comforting
  • Nov. 7 - flannel sheets - craft something that is soft, that has stripes, that is a set, has purple on it, or is physically large
  • Nov. 14 - cranberries - craft something round, that is tart, that is shiny, or that is dark red
  • Nov. 21 - Black Friday - craft with something you bought on sale or at a discount, that will be a present for someone, or that has black on it

advent-4623521_1280 (9) advent-4623521_1280 (11) advent-4623521_1280 (12) advent-4623521_1280 (13)

• Nov. 28 - hot chocolate - craft something to drink, that is hot, that is brown, or smells really good
  • Dec. 5 - board games - craft something entertaining, that is used with friends or family, that has many parts or is multicolored
  • Dec. 12 - decorations - craft something metallic, that is pretty, or that you hang up to look at
  • Dec. 19 - presents - craft something that is a gift for someone else or is something you made for yourself
3 Likes

Tracking and Teams

This is where you can view the team roster and see what you’ve completed so far this season. To view your checklist, find your name under your team and click on it. You will be taken directly to your checklist.

Please don’t hesitate to message me if you see a project is missing from your checklist after the most recent tracking update is posted.

Teams

2 Likes

What fun team names for the season! I am torn between two of them. But, I’m going to take a bit of time tonight to lay out my craft tracking document, and see what I can get made this weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am also torn between two teams. I think I know which one I’m joining, but we’ll see! I was up until 4am finishing a project I wanted to post for last season, but I couldn’t finish in time. I’ll have to choose and then post soon :smiley:

1 Like

I just filled out my project list. There’s room to shuffle depending upon the advent prompts, but I am feeling energized!

1 Like

Prompt: Research Project
Team: Don’t Stop Beleafing
Project Name: Nya Mosaic blanket
Project Link: Nya mosaic rainbow blanket
Brief Description: I tried so hard to finish this last night, but I didn’t finish until 4am. This took me about 36 hours
Project Photo(s):

9 Likes

@storerboughtcreation that blanket is absolutely amazing. It looks like it was a lot of work. I love the way the colors flow into each other and the colors you chose.

2 Likes

That blanket is fantastic!!

2 Likes

It is simply gorgeous! As gozer said, the way the colors flow is just perfect. Between the pattern and the colors, it’s a bit mesmerizing!

2 Likes

Prompt: October - Battle - Falling Leaves
Project Name: Speedy little snail
Project Link: Shelma the Pumpkin Snail
Brief Description: I made this up in just over an hour. It was a fun and easy pattern. It has leaves on the pumpkin, and I can also picture little Shelma snailing her way through the fall leaves covering a garden plot.
Project Photo(s):

9 Likes

Oh my gosh @storerboughtcreation ! That is the cutest thing I have ever seen! I love the little pumpkin snail so much.

1 Like

Prompt: Free Range #1
Project Name: Halloween Wreath
Project Link: Halloween Wreath
Brief Description: I bought this kit in 2014 and finally pulled out the rest of the supplies to make it (I needed ink, glue, stamps). I didn’t have the stamp set that coordinated with the wreath, so I originally used an alphabet set to stamp the “Trick or Treat”, but ended up just printing it on my printer after I glued it on wrong and couldn’t save it. And, I went with a Free Range prompt because I wanted to make sure I got it posted.

Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

It’s so cute! How big did it turn out to be? I might not get mine made for Halloween, but it’s still on my list :slight_smile:

1 Like

She is 5.5” from base to top of hat, and 4 inches from front to the tip of the tail. I used worsted weight yarn and a G hook. I hope you make yours! I want to see it! :blush:

The only change I made was to the purple band on the hat. I surface slip stitched around instead of making a separate chain and sewing on.

1 Like

I’ll try to get one made! I can put it on my desk at school :slight_smile:

1 Like

Prompt: Free Range 1
Team: :corn: (So corn-fused)
Project Name: Wire corner spider web
Project Link:Wire Spider Web Corner
Brief Description: I made this fun wire web to sit in the frame between our dining room & living room. I also made beaded “Spinderella” to sit in there

Prompt: October- Mulled Cider
Team: :corn: (Corn you feel the love tonight)
Project Name: Applecider donut icecream sandwiches
Brief Description: Homemade apple cider donuts cut in half with homemade vanilla icecream, next time I think I’d add chunks of cooked apple & caramel for more of a sundae feel. so good!
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

I think you got a little corn-fused on your team name in that second one :joy: :joy: :joy:

That bagel looks DELICIOUS! Can I come over for dessert? :grin:

2 Likes

Prompt: Research Project
Project Name: Pretty tree blanket
Project Link: Fir trees all in a row 🌲
Brief Description: This blanket took me over 80 hours to finish, and I love it so much. I want to make another one. The pattern was a lot of fun, and not too repetitive since so much is going on.
Project Photo(s):

9 Likes

OMG! I absolutely love this blanket! It’s simply amazing, and I truly bow down to your crochet greatness.

2 Likes

Wow, girl, you got some crazy crochet skillz! :astonished: I love it!

2 Likes