CLOSED: Nerd Games - Fall 2022

Wow! The Games are off to a great start! I’m in love with that wallet @gozer ! I wanted to snag it from your shop but I was too late! Clearly someone else loves it, too! LOL!

The notebook is adorable and the casserole covers— you KNOW I love THOSE!! I might need that pattern from you because Christmas is coming….!

The coffins turned out really cute and the cookies look fabulous (even if they don’t taste as good as @endymion’s)!

@storerboughtcreation That little frog with his smart little pocket would be a perfect tooth fairy pillow I think. So cute! The bat tie is a cute idea also!

2 Likes

@Bunny1kenobi check your mailbox sometime next week. You might not need the pattern.

4 Likes

OOOOoooOoh! How exciting! :star_struck:

Thank you!!

2 Likes

Prompt: 12 weeks of winter: Hungry like the wolf
Team: So Corn-fused
Project Name: Arabian lam stew
Brief Description: I made this for another challenge and loved it so much I just had to remake it, it’s just so good. A friend who doesn’t like lamb loved it, and so did family members who are a bit sceptical. The seasoning is a bit more “Christmas” according to Norwegian food traditions so it’s a bit unusual, but still so good. Because I wanted a lot of leftovers I’ve doubled the batch, and STILL people ate almost all of it XD -recipe- I served it with Naan, the sweetness from the bread fit well.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Prompt: October Battle: Creepy Cute
Team: Don’t Stop Be-leafing
Project Name: Skelly hands towel
Project Link: n/a
Brief Description: The heart is cute but the skeleton hands are creepy
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: October Spoopy
Project Name: Little Boo
Project Link: Little boo
Brief Description: I used black E-6000 to glue the eyes on and it went a bit awry. I did my best to fix it and I think it’s ok -ish now.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: October Eye of Newt
Project Name: Googly eye earrings
Project Link: Halloween earrings
Brief Description: These ARE eyes.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: October Wool of Bat
Project Name: Bat tea bag
Project Link: Halloween tea bag bookmarks
Brief Description: This project features a wing and is mostly black.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: October Tongue of Dog
Project Name: I Lush You, Daddy
Project Link: “I lush you, Daddy” - a family ATC
Brief Description: In this family ATC my DD is wearing a pink dress.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

@imera your stew looks delicious! And I love naan!

1 Like

Prompt: Free Range #1
Project Name: Skeleheart tee
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made this for my partner in the Teenie Halloweenie swap.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range #2
Project Name: colorful charm bracelet
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made this to put in my STS shop.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Big Time #1
Project Name: Bat cross stitch
Project Link:
Brief Description: I am a slow stitcher. I’m glad this was a simple pattern!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Big Time #2
Project Name: Eye pin
Project Link: “Lashes” pin
Brief Description: This is admittedly a tiny project. However, the colored cords you see here were made by painstakingly wrapping and and gluing embroidery floss around jute cord. It took quite some time.
Project Photo:

Prompt: Big Time #2
Project Name: Death carousel
Project Link: Death carousel
Brief Description: I made this for Mightymitochondria in the Teenie Halloweenie swap.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Just 2 DAYS more for everyone to enter their own cool project into the Craft The Equinox Challenge!

1 Like

Where are your project links? Those are incredible!

1 Like

I don’t think I have posted them up yet on the site. I guess I should do that. Lol!

2 Likes

:sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny:

It’s time to vote in the All Things Being Equal - A Craft The Equinox 2022 Challenge! The poll is live through Oct 27! Choose carefully, friends!

:sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny:

2 Likes

Prompt: Zap 1
Team: Gourd of the Rings
Project Name: Quickie gift tags
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: I whipped these up for a couple of little big-sister gifts for a baby sprinkle tomorrow.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Posting quickly before time runs out as I’m not currently at home

Prompt: 12 weeks of winter: zombie
Project Name: Neck warmer from old hat
Brief Description: my step son had a planned school trip and needed something warm to keep his throat warm, so I made him one by ripping up the old hat, which took more time than I thought as it’s factory made and I didn’t want to ruin it too much, of course I ended up cutting those parts off in the end anyway…
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

@storerboughtcreation the tie Bat and frog, adorable, especially the frog. I do agree, a tooth fairy pocket is perfect

@Bunny1kenobi so many wonderful projects, love the skeleton heart hand and the chest, and the embroidery bat is amazing. The eye, omg it’s so cool, love the eyelashes, same with the felt ghost and bookmark. Of course the piece of resistance is the ghostly carousel, amazing work, lucky swap partner

@megwell cute zap project :smile:

2 Likes

Prompt: Research Project
Team: Don’t Stop Beleafing
Project Name: Floral Reflections scarf
Project Link: Mosaic scarves 🧣
Brief Description: This scarf is one I tested for a contest. You can get more info in the project link.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Big Time
Project Name: Braided Little Squares scarf
Project Link: Mosaic scarves 🧣
Brief Description: This one didn’t take me quite long enough to be a research project. It was a lot of fun to make.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

I made these other two scarves as a test as well. They haven’t been released quite yet, but they should be soon.

Prompt: October - Spoopy
Project Name: Blue Scarf
Project Link:
Brief Description: I did not enjoy making this scarf and I didn’t like how it looked, so I cheated a little. I only crocheted half of the scarf, positioned it, took a photo, then mirrored the image back to make it look like a completed scarf. I then frogged the project to use the yarn for something else. I feel bad, but I really didn’t like it. Everyone has different aesthetics though, so I’m sure others will love this scarf
Project Photo(s):

I made these other two scarves as a test as well. They haven’t been released quite yet, but they should be soon.

Prompt: Advent - Superstition
Project Name: Green scarf Scarf
Project Link:
Brief Description: I liked this scarf a little more. I didn’t frog this one. This pattern required repeating rows 3-14 over and over until reaching the desired length.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

I could probably cover two research projects with one scarf XD amazing work

4 Likes

Prompt: 12 weeks of winter: Monster mash
Project Name: Monster stud earrings
Brief Description: Both Frankenstein and Dracula is mentioned in the fun song, so I painted them on these studs, a bit cartoonish but I want them to be fun studs. Their faces are so small I had to redo them several times
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Those are super cute earrings. One may say they’re a graveyard smash :grin:

3 Likes