Nerd Games Puzzler Discussion

I have been staring at that crystal ball image and the tarot spread so hard. I get the scrambled word in the upper and mid-part of the crystal ball but I can’t figure out the letter+number combos. How did you get a word from those and then the tarot cards? The roman numerals are 16, 3, and 3 and so 10 and 6 don’t match up and for 3 there are two cards that have a 3. Any hints?

2 Likes

My vision isn’t great and there’s not enough contrast for me to make out the letters in the light part of the crystal ball. Could you maybe PM those to me?

1 Like

Sent!

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t see this message yesterday. I’ll PM in little while.

1 Like

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Maybe the ? Is key? :thinking:

(I have blurred the spoiler but now it just looks like I skipped a word :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

1 Like

There are two new clues in the Repository! Both seem to refer to the tarot card image. I have a new theory: 6L 3E 10G are tied to the cards and the numbers refer to designated letters in the card names in left to right order. But that doesn’t unscramble to a phrase that makes sense when combined with LEG and the other letters in the crystal ball.

2 Likes

Messaging you now…

Has anyone legitimately figured out the crystal ball and/or tarot images? If so, take pity on a girl and DM me a hint, pretty please? I thought I had it, but no.

I’ve only solved the note in the acorn, so I’m no help. :rofl:

1 Like

I thought you had the inside scoop for sure! The camp counselor connection!

But seriously, if you want me to DM more hints, just let me know. For anything except the tarot and crystal ball clearly. :joy:

1 Like

There’s a new clue in the repository:
-The same as 2, sometimes numbers are numbers and math is math.

Which ro me means counting letters. Probably. But I’m still lost on the crystal ball and tarot even with that clue.

2 Likes

I’m going through the clues and whatnot now, trying to figure things out. This one is from the rummaged through backpack page:

Could this be Jersey Devil + Moth Man ?

2 Likes

Yes! And there’s another if you look close.

3 Likes

Sorry guys, I’ve been out of it for a while and have to look over everything again, but I might be most curious about the red handprint that shows up in the cabin AND in the woods .

There’s another picture in the Repository. At least since the last time I checked. And something to be seen in the sky…

1 Like

I missed that! Well spotted!

Also, did you notice that in the new image added to the repository, there’s a spot of red on the hiking shoes and a paintbrush on the stairs? Not sure what it means, but probably related.

1 Like

Thank you for calling that out! Look closely at the hiking boots and at the ramp up to the ranger station.

1 Like

Yeah… the hiking boots have red paint, but the paintbrush has black paint… Am I over analyzing???

ALL THE CLUES

BOX

Secret message: “Have you ever seen a cryptid?” Sticker - Hidden under a folded flap

BROCHURE

Secret images: Bigfoot in all Cabin images on the back page.

STICKER

Bigfoot sticker in each box.

ACORN

Associated Repository Clue: Someone dropped a piece of paper that says, “Move Over 2 make room under the oak tree.” What could that mean? You don’t know, but you pick it up and put it in your pocket.

Solve: Two letters, down a line, two letters, down a line, two letters, down a line. Message - There is something in the woods. You’ll find us next to the nerds near the broken bridge. Get ready to party. Ooo

JULY PROMPTS

Associated Repository Clue: You can just take a look. Sometimes letters are first and words are placed right in plain sight! (Unscramble italicized letters - July Prompts.)

Solve: Letters are first - first letter of “Search Online” prompts spell out “ALIEN.” Words are placed right in plain sight - cryptid names scattered throughout “Search Around Town” prompts.

404 image

-.-. .- .-.. .-.. .. -. --. / .- .-.. .-.. / -.-. .-. -.-- .–. - .. -.. … .-.-.- / -.-. — – . / - — / -.-. .- – .–. / - … .. … / … ..- – – . .-. .-.-.- / .-- . .----. .-. . / .. -. / - … . / .-- — — -.. … / -. . -..- - / - — / - … . / -. . .-. -.. … .-.-.-

Solve: Morse code. Message - CALLING ALL CRYPTIDS. COME TO CAMP THIS SUMMER. WE’RE IN THE WOODS NEXT TO THE NERDS.

VISITOR CENTER

Bigfoot is outside the door.

Stickers on the door - smiley face and fun fun fun (it’s not really spooky), mandrake (kinda like a cryptid), tree for woods (the woods will be key), tiger star for animal (what kind of animal?), red hand print (the Ranger’s covering), and the quote marks look like side-eyes (things are suspicious).

Jackalope on the wall (another cryptid).

Caution sign (be cautious, there’s something afoot).

Partial sign on bulletin board talking about something in the lake.

Missing hiker sign.

Puzzle on the bulletin board.

Solve: Make a straight line down to finish the letters, indicated by the straight line and down arrow at the end.

Hourly Canoe Rental Sign

Featuring Bigfoot.

Associated Repository Clue: On a trip into town, you pass a playground where a few kids are singing the alphabet and counting puddles. Oh, to have such simple fun!

Solve: Numbers are corresponding to alphabet letters. 3=c 18=r 25=y 16=p 20=t 9=i 4=d 19=s 15=o 14=n 12=l 25=y Message - Cryptids Only (why? no canoe rental to protect Camp Cryptid).

MISSING HIKER SIGN

The end of the August narrative points you to the missing hiker sign (indicating this next part is about the hiker).

Screenshot 2026-09-17 141825

Male, British

Last seen on June 20 wearing green coat.

CRYSTAL BALL

Associated Repository Clue: The same as 2, sometimes numbers are numbers and math is math. (The same as the second repository clue, letters are associated with a number.)

Solve: Hidden letters - v, l, ?, a, i, 6L, 3E, 10G. Unscramble letters = Alive? (The hiker appears to be alive?) Additionally, use number/letter combos for the Tarot cards.

TAROT CARDS

Associated Repository Clues:

“You got to know when to hold 'em…” The song has been stuck in your head for days. But hold or fold, a 1,000 words also have meaning. (Song lyrics - referencing cards. A picture is worth a 1,000 words, so look at the pictures on the cards. They also have meaning, so perhaps look them up.)

It’s common to set your table, past, present, and future. (The Tarot cards are in a basic past, present, future spread.)

Past: The Tower represents a collapse, shock, life-altering event - the hiker fell off the collapsed bridge and was saved by the cryptids

Present: The Empress represents nature and being nurtured - the hiker is safe and in nature

Future: The Three of Cups represents celebration, community, and collaboration - the hiker will be part of a group enjoying partying and working together

Crystal Ball + Tarot Cards

Numbers on Tarot cards are XVI III III. XVI = X (10) VI (6) III (3) X=G VI=L III=E, per the crystal ball.

Solve: GLEE (The hiker will be signing and dancing.)

THE BRIDGE

Mothman in the trees.
Nessie in the fog.
Green cloth snagged on a plank (the hiker was last seen in a green coat).
Watch in the lake (a human was probably here to lose it).
Red spatter on the bridge (the Ranger’s covering).

BACKPACK

Tree carvings: JD+MM = Jersey Devil + Mothman and BF WAZ HERE = Bigfoot was here.

Partial journal entry dated June 20 (date hiker disappeared) There are…I’m going…other si… (implying he noticed something weird and is going to the other side of the bridge).

Red hand print on a tree (the Ranger’s covering).

RANGER’S NEST

Paint brush on step (implying paint instead of blood).

Red on his boot (implying the Ranger is connected to all the handprints and spatter).

Bigfoot shadow giving a peace sign in bottom right corner (it’s all good, we’re friendly).

Flying saucer in top middle sky (aliens are here, too).

END

Okay! I think that’s everything. If there is something I missed let me know. If there are any outstanding questions or observations, chime in to ask or discuss!

Thank you to everyone who played along! There was more enthusiasm for it than I expected, which was awesome! I didn’t intend this to be an all-out puzzle game or escape room season, just a fun little extra. I was trying to strike a balance for those who weren’t interested, and figure out how to do it all within the limits of LC posts. :joy: Hopefully it worked out.

If you enjoyed it overall, let me know and perhaps we can bring the puzzle element into future seasons.

5 Likes