CLOSED: Nerd Games - Spring 2020

Prompt: Big Time #1
Team: Running With Scissors :running_man:t2: :scissors:
Project Name: Bride of Frankenstein Painting
Project Link: Bride of Frankenstein Painting - Monster Jam
Brief Description: I haven’t really painted in years and forgot how hard it really is. I have a huge blank wall in my house and wanted to start decorating it. I had the hardest time painting. It took me forever. It’s 28" X 22". This lady changed so much during the process. But my cat, Venk “helped” and because it’s now sentimental, I went ahead and put it up despite not really being pleased with her. Follow the link to see it on the wall and to see Venk helping me paint. Made for 2020 Monster Jam - April Craftalong
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Prompt: April - Facebook
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: Owlbert
Project Link: Owlbert
Brief Description: owlbert - crochet cutesy monster made for monster jam 2020
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Prompt: April- Snapchat
Project Name: Banana Cake w/Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
Project Link: Banana Cake w/Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting

Brief Description: My original plan was to make mini banana loaves. But, I was out of baking soda (I have plenty of baking powder ). While I was looking for it, I realized that I have a large supply of cake mixes (very well past their “best by” date), so I figured I’d give one a try. I chose a yellow cake mix, added in the mashed bananas, and topped it with a peanut butter cream cheese frosting (leftover cream cheese frosting from my Pi Day cake that I added a scoop of peanut butter to). Tastes pretty good!

Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Attention! We are seeking raffle prize donors for this year’s Nerd Games raffle! We’ll accept crafted goods, crafting books, craft supplies; whatever you think our participants will enjoy!

Whether you’re thinking of donating or not, please scroll up to the fourth post in this thread to see the raffle rules! :smile:

3 Likes

I’ll donate a prize… have to think about what, but will donate (maybe even more than 1).

2 Likes

Prompt: April - Zap (2)
Project Name: Impossibly Easy Taco Pie
Project Link: Impossibly Easy Taco Pie
Brief Description: I’m all about quick meals. This was very fast to whip up. Maybe 20 minutes tops. Then it baked for 25 but I was off doing something else!
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: April - Twitter
Project Name: ATC Photo Dump
Project Link: ATC Photo Dump
Brief Description: A bunch of ATCs and coins I made. I’m choosing the prompt of Twitter because 2 of them included birds and 2 of them include wings (butterflies)
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Prompt- April- Twitter
Team- knotty by nature
project name- Kumihimo Curtain Tie Back
project link- Kumihimo Tie Back
Description- I needed a tie back and wanted to practice a new technique.

6 Likes

Hooray! So happy to hear that! The more prizes there are, the more fun the raffle is for everyone! :slight_smile:
Just a note that I updated the rules to slightly change the due date for ticket application forms, but that’s not til July anyway ;p

2 Likes

The Spring Games took off right out of the gate with awesome projects!
@roler – the hangers are not only neat, but I love that they are useful. Great prize. I am offering up the Lettuce coin purse I made last round. I will get a solo picture of it soon.

@geekgirl girl – Mmmmm. Those brownies look divine. I gave up candy and desserts for Lent and these are testing my will power. The look so gooey and yummy. I also love Owlbert. His expression cracks me up. The more I look at him the cuter he becomes. Funny story too. Your killing me with these yummy looking foods. You make the plate so appealing too. Your ATC’s are amazing, as usual. But you didn’t include the ATC coins like your post says, just letting you know.

@craftADDchick – What a clever way of transforming the cake mix. It looks yummy and peanut creamchees frosting sounds beyond scrumptious!

@ezrib – The curtain tie is so neatly done. Very snazzy.

2 Likes

Prompt: April Instagram
Project Name: Baby Jackalope ATC
Project Link: Challenge chain, post your completed challenges here, and chat about the challenges
Brief Description: I made this ATC for the challenge chain. It’s got lots of pink!
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Prompt: April Lettucecraft
Project Name: Paper collage masterboards
Project Link: More masterboards!
Brief Description: @GMPNQ made a masterboard recently that inspired me to do something similar. Mine both have a fair bit of green.
(Hers is here: Masterboard)
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Prompt: April - Battle - Phone Call
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: Scalloped potatoes
Project Link: Pre-Easter Dinner - Scalloped Potaotes
Brief Description: I made scalloped potatoes for dinner. Mmmmmm

Everyone says my scalloped potatoes are like the old way Grandma used to make them. We used to talk on the phone all the time, and I miss those calls. I wish she was still alive so I could call her right now to complain about the state of the world. She was the best grandma :heart:
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Prompt: April - Snapchat
Project Name: A trio of journal pages
Project Link: Journal pages
Brief Description: Journal pages I made in a 3 hour session. The tutorial had you add all this paint and then cover up the middle with white! She kept saying “trust the process”. I had my doubts but I did and i do like the results.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

@bunny1kenobi - Your jack-a-lope is absolutely adorable. I love its little face and chubby body. The background is nice too. Pretty colors. I like the masterboards! I can’t wait to see where they pop up in your work. I think I like the top one best. I like the colors and the pink with the hearts on it.

@storerboughtcreation – Those potatoes are making me drool. Being in quarantine, I am saving all the good food for later on. These are making me question that logic.

@geekgirl – Very cool backgrounds. They remind me of awesome street graffiti in NY. Great sayings too. “It probably could get worse” is my favorite and made me laugh. I tell my sister that whenever she is complaining about being stuck inside.

1 Like

I’m claiming this as a craft. It took all of my transferable skills (which in this particular area was zero), and infinite patience, to get this finished. If it’s not allowed, fair enough, just let me know :wink:

Prompt: April Battle - phone call
Team: B n B
Project Name: Child Transformation
Project Link Post here
Brief Description: DS2 wanted his hair cut. I’m used to trimming dogs (just at home, with scissors, nothing fancy), or using clippers on people, but no clippers here since years. It would have been a lot quicker (a zap) and a lot easier if he had sat still. Him sitting still is unheard of, so why should he start when having his hair cut?
Phone call because we were talking while I was cutting (even if it was along the lines of “sit still”, “don’t move!”, “why did you move my head?” …etc :rofl:)
Project Photo

6 Likes

I say it counts. We’re in strange times right now, so why not strange prompts :laughing:

4 Likes

@GMPNQ He looks thrilled with his hair cut! :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah. I would never normally pick up scissors for this reason. Needs must, and all that :wink:

@gozer yeah, a good night’s sleep also had something to do with the smile :sleeping::sleeping::grinning:

2 Likes

Prompt: April - Facebook
Team: I’m switching to Running with Scissors this time!
Project Name: Kirby Hoop
Project Link: Kirby Hoop
Brief Description: Kirby hoop for my brother’s birthday. He has a face and is on a dark blue vinyl background!
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes