CLOSED: Nerd Games - Spring 2020

@craftADDchick - mmm, that cake looks really yummy! And the floral arrangement is lovely. I love the vulture ATC!! :green_heart:

@geekgirl - those brownies look divine! And that owlbert is too cute! :blush: And such a pretty rainbow bird!

@gozer - your peg people are so cute! I especially love Dracula. :vampire: Great masks and cute dolls! And I adore the mushroom art you made for me! :slight_smile:

@ezrib - I really like that Kumihimo tie back! I love the plague doctor wearing bunny ears!!

@Bunny1kenobi - Aww, that baby Jackalope is so cute! I also love the sunflower material you used for your masks. haha, and the ‘die virus die’! :laughing: Amazing miniature!

@storerboughtcreation - What beautiful biscornus! I can’t imagine how long that would take to embroider.

@GMPNQ - great mask! I love that the mask perfectly matches his shark shirt. :slight_smile: Aww, cute penguin ATC!

@Lynx - great color in a box projects! I really like the plant hanger! :slight_smile: And what a cute puffin!

@roler - Awww, love that you made scarves for your stuffies. :yellow_heart: I love that sheep brooch! :sheep:

@appledainty - Such beautiful pieces! That butterfly on the obidome is stunning! And I love the embroidered clutch too. :slight_smile:

@megwell - cool atcs! I love the bird-day one! :slight_smile: Those muffins look yummy!

@QueenHobo - great amis! The unicorn is super cute!

@kwyltaholic - What a sweet birdie wreath! :slight_smile: :bird:

@Mortuum - Fabulous rat cross stitch! I love the design!

@Tanath - cute hair thingies! :smile:

@BatsAndBrownies - nice cross stitching! :slight_smile:

@Smeddley - Great mask! He looks super safe in it! :wink:

Whew! I am caught up now! I hope I didn’t miss anyone! :blush:

4 Likes

Hi everyone! There is a new tracking update in the Discussion Thread.

3 Likes

One month gone (who stole April?!), so much cool stuff made. Can’t wait to see May’s prompts!
@BatsAndBrownies - that’s a clever text, nicely stitched :slight_smile:
@bluebird - I love the stars and moon, it looks like they are actually shining :star2:
@Smeddley - Mr. Creepy Frog does look a lot less creepy with his mask, and I like the color :frog: You are right that voice calls free up your hands and eyes to do other things. I sometimes have a call with my brother while we are both working on other things.

3 Likes

This is absolutely beautiful. Pillbox hats are so underappreciated. I would love to see a tutorial on how you did that flower!

2 Likes

Thank you! The stars and moon have some metallic watercolor on them so they are shiny and reflective. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Prompt: May - JarJarBinks
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: Cloth Napkins
Project Link: Cloth Napkins
Brief Description: a few cloth napkins
Project Photo(s):

8 Likes

Pretty napkins— I love the colors you chose!

Prompt: May - Yoda
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: Baby Yoda ATCs
Project Link: May the Fourth - The Child ATCs
Brief Description: What cold be more Yoda than Yoda? Maybe Baby Yoda, or The Child! He’s green, small, and wrinkly. Only time will tell if he is as wise.
Project Photo(s):

9 Likes

BABY YODA!!! He’s sooo cuuuuuute! You did such a great job on these @gozer!

Prompt: Quarantine- crying in the rain
Team: Running With Scissors :running_man:t2: :scissors:
Project Name: Monster notecards
Project Link: Monster greetings!
Brief Description: I made these to go in the mail to the kids in my church class. Since we haven’t seen each other for a while, I wanted them to know we are thinking of them. I used watercolor masterboards, which require water. My faves are the blue, the red, and the purple.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Prompt: Zap #2
Project Name: pink baby headband
Project Link:
Brief Description: I whipped up another little headband for the wee one.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: May-Wicket
Project Name: Star Wars Day ATCs - doggy style! (Sorry, I had to say it! :joy:)
Project Link: May the Fourth ATCs
Brief Description: I made these collage ATCs to commemorate Star Wars Day! These guys are cute (at least, I think so), and dogs are furry. :dog:
Project Photo(s):

This one’s a surprise for @gozer (she loves Chewy!)

8 Likes

I love Bark Vader and Storm Pooper!

3 Likes

Lol! I had so much fun making these! I think Yodog is my personal fave!

2 Likes

Prompt: Zap #1
Project Name: Big Toe Drawing
Project Link:
Brief Description: Last month there was a one day stay-at-home Gish (a silly international scavenger hunt run by Supernatural’s Misha Collins). One of the items was to draw a close-up of your friend’s big toe or nostril, so here’s my friend’s toe!
Project Photo(s):

Now get ready for a zillion masks!!

Prompt: May Battle - Jedi
Project Name: Masks for Friends
Project Link: Craftalongs Challenge - Lettuce Help Our Communities - CLOSED
Brief Description: In the battle of good vs covid evil, good people are trying their very best to flatten the curve and put a stop to this pandemic! My family and I want to do our part too, so we’ve been making masks for any friends or family who are willing to wear them.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Bonus - Outside in the Sun
Project Name: More Masks for Friends
Project Link: same as above
Brief Description: When you’re out of your house running errands or something, please wear a mask! Here are some flower-themed masks.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: May - Yoda
Project Name: Yet More Masks for Friends
Brief Description: It is WISE to wear a mask right now!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: May - R2D2
Project Name: Even More Masks for Friends
Brief Description: These masks are blue AND useful!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: May - Rancor
Project Name: Still More Masks for Friends
Brief Description: It is sad that we need to wear these right now, and also they are unfortunately quite misunderstood by some.
Project Photo(s):

And now for some non-masks - yay!

Prompt: Zap #2
Project Name: Cabbage Soup
Project Link: Cabbage Soup
Brief Description: This soup was tasty AND quick to make!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Bonus - Crying in the Rain
Project Name: Sausage and Veggie Quiche
Project Link: Sausage and Veggie Quiche
Brief Description: Tasty quiche made with what we had on hand. The weather has been bizarre lately, warming up to tank top temperatures and then yesterday we had pea-sized hail! This was nice to warm up with inside on one of the chillier days, and the beans were steamed using water, of course!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Bonus - In a Freak Snowstorm?
Project Name: Cabbage Pie
Project Link: Cabbage Pie
Brief Description: When I told one of my friends I had a cabbage pie in the oven, she asked, “Did you run out of good things for pie?” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But even if it’s an unexpected combination, it was really good!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Zap #3
Project Name: Rice Pudding Parfaits
Project Link: Rice Pudding Parfaits
Brief Description: This took only JUST under half an hour, and requires quite a bit of baby-sitting the stove, but it was very tasty!
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Prompt: May Battle: Jedi
Project Name and Link: Find your omen pocket letter
Brief Description: A pocket letter made for good omens.Made with a masterboard on a black background. I contemplated going Sith, for the dark background, but it found it’s way to the the light side…much like Kylo Ren.

Prompt: Spring Quarantine: Outside in the Sun
Project Name and Link: Upcycled Trendy Jar from Pickled Beets
Brief Description: I made this using fabric twine in my friend’s favorite color. A flower jar with paper flowers is definitely nature themed!

20200429_2124061933×2359 1.97 MB

5 Likes

Prompt: May - R2D2
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: Seahawks patch
Project Link:
Brief Description: I originally made this to be a sort of pillowy ornament, similar to a biscornu. It didn’t work out as planned, however, so I turned it into a patch. @QueenHobo has claimed it, and is planning to add it to a jean jacket she has. I’ll try again soon. This has blue in it.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

As a girl who grew up in Anchorage, the Seahawks were considered my “home team,” too. Nice job! I love the skyline and the Space Needle as well. This is super cool! LOVE!!

Prompt: Spring Quarantine–In a Freak Snowstorm
Project Name and Link: Quuck and Easy Cinnamon Rolls
Brief Description: Who doesn’t enjoy a nice warm white treat on a cold snowy day?
Project Photo:

4 Likes

Awesome! I was an Air Force brat, so I lived in several places. The Seahawks have always been my dad’s team. I lived in the Fairbanks area twice. For three years on Eielson AFB as a kid, and in Fairbanks for a year in 2008.

1 Like

Prompt: Research Project
Project Name: Ho-Ou Fascinator
Project Link: Arise, Ho-ou! Hou-ou, Arise!
Brief Description: I wanted to make another fun hat and have always wanted to try a many tailed phoenix.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

These. Are. Life.

3 Likes