CLOSED: Nerd Games - Spring 2020

I bet that taco mix was great with the pasta! And the spice cake looks delicious. I love to top mine with peaches and whipped cream! :yum:

Cute lil birdie! The crocheted clouds are just right!

2 Likes

Prompt: Free Range #2
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: Masks for Raffle
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: I am offering this set of two masks (one men’s size and one women’s size) as a prize in the June raffle.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Prompt: May - Wicket
Project Name: Boomer Hoop
Project Link: Boomer Hoop
Brief Description: I made this hoop of Boomer from Animal Crossing just for ME! And he is SUPER cute. :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

so cute!!

1 Like

Prompt: Research Project #1
Project Name: SO MANY MASKS
Project Link: ROUND 2: Craftalongs Challenge - Lettuce Help Our Communities
Brief Description: I decided to just post the rest of my masks as a research project. My mom and I have been making LOADS. We just finished 11 more today, 9 yesterday, and 15 the day before. I’ve lost track of how many we’ve made total so far but we’ve already given away over 75.
Project Photo(s):
Here are a couple of random photos of our workstation:

3 Likes

Prompt: May - Battle - Sith
Project Name: Masks
Project Link: Bunch of Masks
Brief Description: Sith’s wear masks! Masks for the battle!
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Cool fabric @gozer! I especially like the aliens and the cassette tapes. Guess I am a true child of the 80s! Lol!

1 Like

No surprise that I’ve been terrible at keeping up, I want to go back through and comment on everything, if I manage that, buckle up, it’ll be a loooong post! I just need to sit down at my computer, and I so rarely do that any more… speaking of, new prompts are posted, I hope this link works on my phone…

If not, prompt palace is where they’re at! Keep up the amazing crafting!

2 Likes

I am hoping to be better, as well! During the day, I’m on the computer for school for several hours straight. I sneak time here when I can (I should be online, as of right now, answering questions) and I hope that when school finishes (19 days!!), I can get back on track :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel your pain on the no garlic thing. my husband is allergic to all alliums. so no onions, garlic, chives, leeks, agave, aloe, etc… not only eating, but airborne, so we have had to make some major changes in our lives. if you need any help let me know, I have a few good recipes in my repertoire. (though not all are fodmap safe as that isn’t our focus) good luck!

1 Like

There’s a new tracking update here. There’s also a short blurb with info to help you view your tracking checklist a bit easier. I hope it’s helpful!

2 Likes

Ok… I know… haven’t been around much… but apart from cooking/baking I barely managed to do any crafting, what with WFH and home schooling the terrors… :wink:

But here we go… a few updates:

Prompt: April - Facebook
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: TCAL Blanket Square #1
Project Link:
Brief Description:
Tunisian crochet is not something I have done past the TSS (Simple Stitch). I found a CAL which will introduce me to different stitches, and I really love them. Oh, and this blanket square is blue. :wink:
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April - Snapchat
Project Name: TCAL Blanket Square #2
Project Link:
Brief Description:
Tunisian crochet is not something I have done past the TSS (Simple Stitch). I found a CAL which will introduce me to different stitches, and I really love them. This one is made in the Tunisian Full Stitch, which I never did before this blanket square (and it’s nice and yellow).
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: May - Rancor
Project Name: Sweet Tomatoes’ Broccoli Salad
Project Link:
Brief Description:
Hubby and I loved eating at Sweet Tomatoes (Souplantation), I’m a total salad fan, and having that yummy buffet was AMAZING! Hubby told me last week that Souplantation is now closing down due to Covid19 (I think most buffet style restaurants will be affected by it), so last year summer was our last time! I absolutely LOVE their Broccoli Madness salad, and I fould the “Copykat” recipe for it last year and made it already once. Today it was a bit of a bittersweet time for me to make it and I was really sad that there will be no more meals at that place from now on! :sob: :cry:
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April - Instagram
Project Name: A face mask for my little Visitor
Project Link:
Brief Description:
For Vic’s travels back home to Australia I decided he should have his own little face mask to keep him safe from the virus. It’s a light purple colour.
Project Photo(s):

3 Likes

Prompt: May - R2D2
Project Name: Baby tee
Project Link: T-shirt stencil in a pinch- May 2020 - Fashion contest entry
Brief Description: I made this for my granddaughter. Hopefully it will be useful!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: May - Rancor
Project Name: Wonky pillow
Project Link: Wonky pillow
Brief Description: Yeah, it’s a little ugly. But my son loves it!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: May - Yoda
Project Name: witch’s kitchen
Project Link: Witch’s Kitchen in a mini Altoids tin
Brief Description: It’s small. Very, very small.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Prompt: Big Time #2
Project Name: Lionel the Lion
Project Link: Lionel the Lion (Poseable felt doll)
Brief Description: This is Lionel. I am loving making these little felt dolls. He is poseable, but not as poseable as the dog or other cat I made. Lots of pics in the link. These dolls are making me actually enjoy hand sewing! Even though it does take forever. This bag has a magnetic clasp too.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Lionel is ridiculously cool!

1 Like

Prompt: May- Jar Jar
Project Name: MIL’s bday
Project Link: For my MIL
Brief Description: My MIL turns 80 this weekend and I love her, so I made a card for this happy occasion!
Project Photo(s):

3 Likes

Prompt: June: Clownfish
Prompt Name and Link: Not Opes Cross Stitch Sign
Brief Description: The TruTv’s Impractical Jokers are funny guys, so I will laugh every time I see my new Not Opes sign!
Project Photo:

3 Likes

Prompt: June: Angelfish
Project Name and Link: A Hand-Lettered Hello!
Brief Description: Another week, another set of notecards being sent by myself and my kiddos to 6 different nursing homes!
Project Photo:

3 Likes

Prompt: May Theme - Yoda
Project Name: Mossy Dandelion Brooch
Project Link: Mossy Dandelion & Chrysanthemum Brooches
Brief Description: This piece has fluffy green moss; green like yoda. :smiley: It’s also a brooch and small.
Project Photo(s):

2 Likes

Prompt: May Theme - Wicket
Project Name: Mossy Chrysanthemum Brooch
Project Link: Mossy Dandelion & Chrysanthemum Brooches
Brief Description: This brooch features a burgundy chrysanthemum and a cute apple cabochon. I think this brooch is pretty cute. :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

3 Likes