CLOSED: Nerd Games - Spring 2020

Prompt: Big Time #2
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: Lionel the Lion
Project Link: Lionel the Lion (Poseable felt doll)
Brief Description: This is Lionel. I am loving making these little felt dolls. He is poseable, but not as poseable as the dog or other cat I made. Lots of pics in the link. These dolls are making me actually enjoy hand sewing! Even though it does take forever. This bag has a magnetic clasp too.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Lionel is ridiculously cool!

1 Like

Prompt: May- Jar Jar
Project Name: MIL’s bday
Project Link: For my MIL
Brief Description: My MIL turns 80 this weekend and I love her, so I made a card for this happy occasion!
Project Photo(s):

3 Likes

Prompt: June: Clownfish
Team: Bits and Bobs
Prompt Name and Link: Not Opes Cross Stitch Sign
Brief Description: The TruTv’s Impractical Jokers are funny guys, so I will laugh every time I see my new Not Opes sign!
Project Photo:

3 Likes

Prompt: June: Angelfish
Project Name and Link: A Hand-Lettered Hello!
Brief Description: Another week, another set of notecards being sent by myself and my kiddos to 6 different nursing homes!
Project Photo:

3 Likes

Prompt: May Theme - Yoda
Project Name: Mossy Dandelion Brooch
Project Link: Mossy Dandelion & Chrysanthemum Brooches
Brief Description: This piece has fluffy green moss; green like yoda. :smiley: It’s also a brooch and small.
Project Photo(s):

2 Likes

Prompt: May Theme - Wicket
Project Name: Mossy Chrysanthemum Brooch
Project Link: Mossy Dandelion & Chrysanthemum Brooches
Brief Description: This brooch features a burgundy chrysanthemum and a cute apple cabochon. I think this brooch is pretty cute. :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

3 Likes

Prompt: June: Horse Mackrel
Prompt Name and Link: Bonjour, says dragon
Brief description: Ha, I almost typed brief dragon…anywho, he’s blue!
Project Photo:

4 Likes

Prompt: June: Horse Mackrel - craft something horsey, or very common, or blue
Team: Knotty by Nature
Project Name: Yarn Bombing of Cows
Project Link: Yarn Bombing of Cows
Brief Description: Some fun yarn bombing. I am wondering what happened to my cows? :smiley: Cows are common around where I live as there are fields with a lot of them and I see them on a daily basis when I go to work.
Project Photo(s):

2 Likes

RAFFLE REMINDER!

Hello all! The Nerd Games raffle will be happening at the end of this month! If you plan to donate a prize, please send me the details ASAP so I can add it to the list. Remember, only those who have donated at least one prize are eligible to win the Green with Envy biscornu! And don’t forget to craft as many projects as you can to earn more tickets! :slight_smile: I’m looking forward to a fun raffle!

3 Likes

Ok, I have been crafting (in fact I have 2-3 big projects I’m hoping to get done before end of month,) but I haven’t had much chance to post or even get online, so I’m sorry this is a big craft dump.

Prompt: June Battle Royale- Freshwater
Team: Knotty By Nature
Project Name: Watercolor Feathers
Brief Description: I had been watching Tony DiTerlizi’s (FAVE artist) live streams during isolation which have inspired me to reintroduce myself to drawing and watercolor (oh it has been decades I am so out of practice!) So here was one of my water colors to back into watercolor.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April Instagram
Project Name: Me and the hubs drawing
Brief Description: Like I said, I’m trying to draw more, I’ve never been very great at portraits, but it is my dream to be better. I am hoping to water color this for my hubby, but I realized I need more practice at watercoloring first.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April Lettuce Craft
Project Name: Bowl Cozies
Brief Description: my bowl cozies were getting worn and I needed a new set, they’re green.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Spring Bonus- Crying in the Rain
Team: Knotty By Nature
Project Name: Lavender Water color
Brief Description: A lavender card with watercolor
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Spring Bonus- Outside in the Sun
Team: Knotty by nature
Project Name: Mini dream catcher inspired hanging
Brief Description: I have had this idea for awhile, so I gave it a try. I made a mini dreamcatcher inspired art. It will be hung in my son’s girlfriend’s car. The hoop is about 1.5 inches. I need to work on making the “feathers” because they took FOREVER!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: May- Yoda
Project Name: Coasters
Brief Description: I made some coasters to match the bowl cozies. Small, green, wrinkly, and wise to use.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: May- Jar Jar Binks
Project Name: Flower watercolor card
Brief Description: A card I made practicing my watercoloring.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: May- Wicket
Project Name: Gugelhuph
Brief Description: This is one of my family’s favorite recipes, though it takes forever. Tons of sugar and eggs. Super yummy and golden brown
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: May- Rancor
Project Name: Rhubarb Pie
Brief Description: I made this delicious ugly rhubarb pie. I had made a lovely plaid lattice of rhubarb that it was going to be topped with, but my son accidentally shut off my timer :roll_eyes:. Rhubarb is not a loved veggie in my house but I love it, unfortunatelyI have to eat it all myself.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: June- Clownfish
Project Name: Hubby the lion
Brief Description: This is a silly picture. My husband has been growing his hair out for a year. He has crazy curly hair and never has really grown it out. He plans to cut it when it gets annoying to him, I feel like that will be soon. He has been playing with it, hanging it out the car window, shaking it and proclaiming he’s a lion. I decided that he needed a silly curly lion doodle of himself.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: June- Horse Mackeral
Project Name: Cookies
Brief Description: These are just plain old delicious cookies. Chocolate chip with a little butterscotch chip in there. YUM!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: June- Angelfish
Project Name: Cinnamon Rolls
Brief Description: I made the best cinnamon rolls. I made them for our moms, grandmas, aunts, my son’s girlfriend’s family, etc… Super sweet and nice for others.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Research Project #1
Project Name: Mochilla inspired bag
Brief Description: I was curious to learn how to make these mochilla bags, I did tons of research, joined a group, it was a great learning experience. I loved the experience though I’m not sure I’ll be up to making another one soon though.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: June- Angelfish
Project Name: Do What You Can Do Embroidery
Project Link: Do What You Can Do Embroidery

Brief Description: I made this as a reminder that it’s okay not to be superwoman and do “ALL THE THINGS” during this challenging time (or even during the not as challenging times). And, it’s yellow.

Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Prompt: June - Big time project
Project Name: landscape embroidery
Project Link: landscape embroidery
Description - This piece took me about 7 hours to complete. It is an 8" hoop.

Prompt: June - Angelfish
Project Name: tiny hippo
Project Link: tiny hippo
Description - hippo amigurumi I made for a personal swap.

6 Likes

Prompt: June - angelfish
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: moose for Grumpy Frog
Project Link: Mr. Moose for my niece
Brief Description: I made this for @QueenHobo’s youngest. My niece has been going nuts because it took me a few nights to finish this big guy.
Project Photo(s):

8 Likes

I love him!

2 Likes

Prompt: June: Zebra Turkeyfish
Prompt Name and Link: Striped Panel Makes Shirt Fit Better
Brief Description: I finally learned how to add room to my daughter’s shirt by adding stripes along the seams!
Project Photo:

7 Likes

Prompt: May - Jar Jar Binks
Project Name: Masks for Donation
Project Link: Free Masks! (You can have one too!)
Brief Description: Just a few of the masks my mother and I have made recently, displayed by Maccha the sea turtle (she is not wearing hers correctly, however). These masks are floppy when you’re not wearing them (hence Jar Jar!).
Project Photo(s):

Also, I am removing my prize of two masks from the Nerd raffle, because I am now offering masks for free to anyone who wants some! I will also mail them to you for free! If you do want to pay something, please make a donation to your local food bank instead. :slight_smile: These masks are cotton, two layers, with no nose wire and no filter pocket. They have around-the-ear elastic, and are machine washable. I only have adult sizes, men’s and women’s (I am a woman but wear men’s size because I have a large head). If you want any for yourself or loved ones, or extras for laundry day or variety, please send me a message!

4 Likes

Prompt: Bonus - Dreary Foggy Day
Project Name: Arm Warmers
Project Link: Arm Warmers
Brief Description: These arm warmers are predominantly grey, and would be lovely to wear on a dreary foggy day.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: June Battle: Fresh Water
Project Name and Link: Reusable Recycling Bag
Brief Description: I use fresh water to rinse out my cans and things that will go into this new reusable recycling bag.
Project Photo:

5 Likes

Prompt: May: Wicket
Project Name and Link: Woven Oceanic Notecards
Brief Description: I’m gonna go with…these are cute notecards that will make some elderly people in nursing homes happy!
Project Photo:

6 Likes