CLOSED: Nerd Games - Spring 2020

Prompt: June Zebra turkeyfish
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: Surprise for kittykill
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made this for kittykill in the Common Grounds swap. It has purple. And I’m blurring it just in case! No peeking, kk! :grin: It’s a tea towel, since we both like tea And Alice in Wonderland.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: June Angelfish
Project Name: Mugrugs and coasters
Project Link: Father’s Day mugrugs and coasters
Brief Description: I made these for my hubby for Father’s Day. It’s two sets of reversible coasters and mugrugs.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: June - BigTime Project (2)
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: 3rd completed art journal of 2020
Project Link: art journal
Brief Description: Another finished art journal. This one was over half done when I picked it back up this month so I probably spent somewhere between 5-10 hours on it
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: June Battle - Salt Water
Project Name: Penguin notecards
Project Link: penguin notecards
Brief Description: gelli print notecards with penguins
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Prompt: Angelfish
Project Name: Pop culture mashup #1 ATC
Brief Description: This card was made for someone else! :slight_smile: My partner hasn’t received yet so blurring out details – I used two of her themes (pop culture mashup and Bob’s Burgers) to create this mashup of Tina Belcher and the painting Girl with a Pearl Earring.
Project Photos:

Prompt: Dreary Foggy Day
Project Name: Pop culture mashup #2 ATC
Brief Description: My partner hasn’t received yet so blurring out the details – This mashup of Summer Smith (Rick and Morty) and Harley Quinn has a grey background.
Project Photos:

Prompt: Zebra Turkeyfish
Project Name: Bob’s Burger ATC
Brief Description: My partner hasn’t received yet so blurring out the details – This kuchi kopi (from Bob’s Burgers) has a purple background
Project Photos:

5 Likes

Prompt: June - Squid
Project Name: foam stamps
Project Link: foam stamps
Brief Description: I chose squid as the prompt as foam sheets are kind of rubbery. I made a bunch of stamps by cutting shapes out of foam sheets and gluing them to another sheet.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Prompt: May – Jar-Jar Binks
Project Name: Byron Bunny
Project Link: Byron the Bunny
Brief Description: This is Byron Bunny. He is curious little guy who is always chilly so I made him the jacket. His limbs are moveable but they do not stay where they are placed so he is sort of floppy. Floppy and cute. His ears are definitely floppy! And bunny’s are known for their high energy. Pics without the jacket in the link.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Prompt: Big Time
Project Name: Roxy the Raccoon
Project Link: Roxy The Raccoon - Poseable Felt Doll
Brief Description: I think it’s obvious that I am obsessed with making these little characters by now. They are just so much fun to make and I can do it while hanging out with my cat. This time I made the raccoon pattern.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: June – Squid
Project Name: Rain coat & boots
Brief Description: Rain gear is rubbery and I made this rain gear (coat & boots) for Roxy.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: June – Zebra Turkey Fish
Project Name: Fairy coat/dress
Brief Description: I also made Roxy this fairy coat/dress. It has sort of stripes with the magenta (purple-ish) and green.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: June – Horse Mackrel
Project Name: Sunny’s new britches
Project Link: Sunny the Dog - Poseable felt doll
Brief Description: Sunny saw all the clothes Roxy was getting and requested a pair of jeans. I thought he shouldn’t be the only naked one.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

You are becoming more and more a rock star with these guys for each one you make!

3 Likes

Prompt: JarJar Binks (May)
Project Name: Oatless Oatmeal Cookies
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: I made a batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, only to realize about 15 minutes into cooling that I’d totally spaced adding the oats :woman_facepalming:. Annoying. (Tastes okay, but still.)
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

This sounds like me. I’d totally forget to add something, which is why I rarely cook or bake :laughing:

These still look yummy :drooling_face:

Prompt: April - Facebook
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: Sloth Biscornu
Project Link: Sloth biscornu
Brief Description: I finally made myself a sloth biscornu, and I love it! Sloths have faces, which is why I chose this prompt. There are a few more pics in the link
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Oh, it turned out so excellent!

1 Like

Prompt: May Theme - Jar Jar Binks
Project Name: Watercolor Hydrangea Hairclip
Project Link: Dahlia & Hydrangea Hairclips
Brief Description: I used a special technique to create the gradiated ‘watercolor’ effect on the petals silk I used to make the petals for this hydrangea. :smiley: After adding spots of dye, I rinsed the silk with room temperature water to make the colors blend.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Prompt: June Theme - Zebra Turkeyfish
Project Name: Dahlia Hairclip
Project Link: Dahlia & Hydrangea Hairclips
Brief Description: This has a bit of a gradient/stripe effect to it with two different shades of pink. It’s also a dahlia, which is kind of a frilly, layered flower.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Prompt: June Theme - Angelfish
Project Name: Bunny of the Moon Hairpin
Project Link: Bunny of the Moon Hairpin
Brief Description: Bunnies are pretty sweet. Some mochi is savory, but I usually have it sweet - and I imagine the bunny of the moon makes sweet mochi.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

All of your pieces are lovely, but the bunny is my favorite! :heart_eyes:

@appledainty, that rabbit hairclip is my favorite thing you have ever done! And you have done some amazing pieces. I Love it. It’s so beautiful, like a piece of art. It is a piece of art!!!

1 Like

They’re not bad. I had a bit of the dough leftover that I’d scooped out to freeze, so I put it back in the bowl and mixed in some oats :laughing:. If they bake up okay, this batch will probably end up in the freezer.

1 Like

Prompt: June Battle - Fresh Water
Project Name: Goldfish & Uchiwa Kanzashi Hair Pin
Project Link: Goldfish & Uchiwa Kanzashi Hair Pin
Brief Description: Goldfish are definitely fresh water, right? XD This piece took forever to finish. I am super proud of it.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Prompt:June Battle- Fresh Water
Project Name: Tulle Dish Scrubbies
Project Link: Tulle Dish Scrubbies (with basic tutorial) (but, I’ve posted here before, so not eligible for bonus, I think)

Brief Description: These are great for washing the dishes (which I always do using fresh water). I can make one in just over a half an hour.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: June- Squid
Project Name: Easy Dishcloth
Project Link: Easy Dishcloth (I’ve posted here before, too, so again, no bonus points)

Brief Description: I made this gray dishcloth while I was still down in FL. I made it smaller than the previous one I posted.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: June- Zebra Turkeyfish
Project Name: Easy Dishcloth
Project Link: Easy Dishcloth (I’ve posted here before, too, so again, no bonus points)

Brief Description: This one is the same size as the one above, and I used a variegated yarn to make the stripes.

Project Photo(s):

And, @roler, here’s my raffle prize- A Kitchen Helper Set! It’s a jar opener, a dishcloth, and 2 tulle dish scrubbies.

5 Likes

Oooh. I need to win the kitchen helper set! These are awesome

3 Likes