CLOSED: Nerd Games - Spring 2020

Prompt: April - Facebook
Team: I’m switching to Running with Scissors this time!
Project Name: Kirby Hoop
Project Link: Kirby Hoop
Brief Description: Kirby hoop for my brother’s birthday. He has a face and is on a dark blue vinyl background!
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

I showed this to Mr sbc, and he yelled, “that’s cute! I want a Kirby hoop!” :blush:

Great job. Your brother will love it :heart:

3 Likes

Prompt: April Battle - Phone Call
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: First Three Masks
Project Link: First Three Masks
Brief Description: I called around to a few different local hospitals and clinics to see who is accepting handmade masks. Some places aren’t, but many others are, to be used when helping patients who do NOT have Covid-19, so that the more heavy-duty ones can be saved for the Covid wards. My parents and I have started making masks, and here are our first three.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

I can’t eat walnuts, but this still makes me wanna make brownies! I may just have to do that today!

Also, omg, I love Owlbert!! He’s SO cute with his bright eyebrows, mismatched eyes, dapper cape, and gorgeous mottled fur! Gah!

I just left the taco pie post open in another tab to look at later; I am literally drooling right now.

Your bird ATCs are beautiful! I am getting really excited for the rest of the swaps to pick up again, so I can join my first ATC swap!

I really really like your journal pages! Your teacher was right; the white in the middle works really well!

This piece is so impressive! Her face is really expressive, and the yellow shape makes the whole thing really pop!

Wow. I just made a banana cake with cream cheese frosting last month that I thought was pretty darn delicious, but I never thought of adding peanut butter to the mix! That’s genius!

This looks gorgeous!! After trying kumihimo for the first time last year, I’m hoping to do some more in the future. It’s great to see real evidence that it can look just as pretty with that style of tool!

Awww, it’s so cute and chubby!! Darling baby cryptid.

I like the masterboards a lot. Once I finish the swaps I’m currently in, I think I’ll try a similar technique.

Argh, you guys are all making me way too hungry!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: These look scrumptious.

Hahaha, hey, it used scissors and created something (a new look!) that wasn’t there before, so well done! XD Your kiddo looks adorable too!

7 Likes

Prompt: Big Time I
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: Waterlily and Dragonfly Pillbox Hat
Project Link: Waterlily and Dragonfly Pillbox Hat
Brief Description: I wanted to try my hand at making a pillbox hat. :3 I also really like water lilies and haven’t made a dragonfly in a while. It was fun to concentrate on wirework for a bit instead of tsumami craft.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Prompt- April- Battle Phone Call
Team- knotty by nature
project name- Plague Doctor w/TP & Bunny Ear Accessories
project link- Crochet Plague Doctor w/Accessories
Description- Over the phone, I asked my son if he needed a shopping mask, he told me he wanted a plague doctor mask. I made him a plague doctor for Easter with removable ears & hat & a couple of spare rolls of tp as well. (he got a Mario mask, see below)

Prompt: April- Facebook
Team: knotty by nature
Project Name Mario Mask
Description Made a face mask for one of my adult sons. He’s “essential” and has to be out and about far more than my husband and I. It has a pocket in the back to put an extra filter and a spot on top for a removable nose wire. He didn’t want the “ear saver” but I have a feeling he will in the future.

Prompt: April- Free Range
Team: knotty by nature
Project Name Yellow Facemask
Description - My other son’s girlfriend is also “essential” so I made her a mask as well. Again it has the extra filter spot and removable nose wire. She already has ear savers that I made her.

6 Likes

This is stunning! I love the “simple” pleating with the decorations. It is amazing!

2 Likes

Prompt: April Facebook
Team: Running With Scissors :running_man:t2: :scissors:
Project Name: Sunflower masks
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made these for my daughter and my daughter in law. They are navy blue. It’s fair to say that’s a dark blue!
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: April Twitter
Project Name: Masks for my kiddo
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made these for my 13 yo. They are teen sized and therefore, small.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: April Snapchat
Project Name: Punisher mask
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made this for my hubby. The Punisher logo is kind of ghostly, I think. And the stenciling is white.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

I love the little plague doctor @ezrib !!

And @appledainty‘s pillbox hat is gorgeous!

3 Likes

Prompt: April - Instagram
Project Name: Fabric Masks
Project Link: Bunch of Masks
Brief Description: These are purple! Man, I know these are for a good reason but they are such a pain to sew. LOL!
Project Photo(s)

Prompt: April - Twitter
Project Name: more maks
Brief Description: More masks
Project Photo(s)

Prompt: April Battle - TEXT
Project Name: Of Course, more masks
Brief Description: Though I prefer a phone call, I am going with Text because you can do that with a mask on (and still be easily understood).
Project Photo(s)

4 Likes

Prompt: April - Facebook
Project Name: Wolfman & Dracula Peg people
Project Link: Monster Peg People - Monster Jam 2020
Brief Description: I decided to use up some of my stash and play along with the Monster Jam Craft-a-long. Both The Wolfman & Dracula have faces.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April - Snapchat
Project Name: Mummy & Swamp (and Ghost) Creature Peg People
Brief Description: Both the ghost (in the background) and the mummy are predominantly white.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April – Lettuce Craft
Project Name: Frankenstein & The Bride Deluxe Peg People
Brief Description: Frankenstein in Green! These are deluxe because I sculpted hair and a larger head with Sculpy before I painted them.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

I feel like the Spring Games are going to be: Nerd Games: Mask Edition. LOL!

@roler – The Kirby hoop is so bright and fun! I love the design. It’s so clean and perfectly executed. Your masks are great and it’s awesome that you are helping out.

@appledainty – I love that you made something so different than what we normally see in the Games, or on this site for that matter. I don’t think I have ever seen another Pillbox hat made. You did a phenomenal job. Love the dragonfly too. The whole piece is gorgeous.

@ezrib – Eeps! I love me some Plague Doctors! Yours is so fun! Love the big eyes and the bunny ears. The toilet paper rolls crack me up! Nice of you to make the masks for your family. I like the fabric prints.

@bunny1kenobi – Love the fabric and style of your masks. I like that they sunflower ones match the elastic bands. I think your kiddo’s masks are fun. I like the American flag one a lot. The Punisher one is cool. I love the sayings and humor.

3 Likes

Prompt: Free Range #1
Project Name: Scarf for Katsuyuki
Project Link: Scarves for Katsuyuki and Kimutako
Brief Description: I wanted to crochet something easy while watching movies with my parents, so I made a new scarf for Katsuyuki Moray!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Twitter
Project Name: Scarf for Kimutako
Project Link: same as above: Scarves for Katsuyuki and Kimutako
Brief Description: This scarf is shorter than the one for Katsuyuki, and part of it is light blue.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

This is breathtaking. It looks absolutely elegant. Love the dragonfly and the dainty flowers and the stark straight pleats!

This is sooooo cute!! Love his extra accessories; he’s about as topical as you can get right now!

The masks are great too; so far I’ve only made plain masks but I want to make some with cute fabric as well for family.

I love all of your masks! I love that you chose different patterns for each person’s tastes and personality, so they can feel safe AND stylish!

Very pretty masks! I’m so impressed by the volume of masks everyone is producing. I’ve only made three so far and it was a LOT of work! Keep up the awesome! :slight_smile:

Also omg your peg monsters are SO CUTE. I think the mummy is my favorite. I’d love to see a stop-motion video of their adventures! XD

3 Likes

Prompt: April - Lettuce Craft
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: Green with envy biscornu
Project Link: Green with envy biscornu
Brief Description: I made this biscornu for the raffle. This is prize will be a bit different than the rest of the donated prizes. In order to win this biscornu, you must offer at least one raffle donation. For every item donated to the raffle, you will be automatically entered to win this biscornu. You won’t be able to use your regular raffle tickets to bid on this prize. @roler will update the raffle post with the info. :slightly_smiling_face:
Project Photo(s):

9 Likes

That is a beautiful piece of work.

3 Likes

It’s beautiful!

3 Likes

The biscornu is gorgeous!

2 Likes