CLOSED: Nerd Games - Spring 2020

Prompt: April - Instagram
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: Fabric Masks
Project Link: Bunch of Masks
Brief Description: These are purple! Man, I know these are for a good reason but they are such a pain to sew. LOL!
Project Photo(s)

Prompt: April - Twitter
Project Name: more maks
Brief Description: More masks
Project Photo(s)

Prompt: April Battle - TEXT
Project Name: Of Course, more masks
Brief Description: Though I prefer a phone call, I am going with Text because you can do that with a mask on (and still be easily understood).
Project Photo(s)

4 Likes

Prompt: April - Facebook
Project Name: Wolfman & Dracula Peg people
Project Link: Monster Peg People - Monster Jam 2020
Brief Description: I decided to use up some of my stash and play along with the Monster Jam Craft-a-long. Both The Wolfman & Dracula have faces.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April - Snapchat
Project Name: Mummy & Swamp (and Ghost) Creature Peg People
Brief Description: Both the ghost (in the background) and the mummy are predominantly white.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April – Lettuce Craft
Project Name: Frankenstein & The Bride Deluxe Peg People
Brief Description: Frankenstein in Green! These are deluxe because I sculpted hair and a larger head with Sculpy before I painted them.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

I feel like the Spring Games are going to be: Nerd Games: Mask Edition. LOL!

@roler – The Kirby hoop is so bright and fun! I love the design. It’s so clean and perfectly executed. Your masks are great and it’s awesome that you are helping out.

@appledainty – I love that you made something so different than what we normally see in the Games, or on this site for that matter. I don’t think I have ever seen another Pillbox hat made. You did a phenomenal job. Love the dragonfly too. The whole piece is gorgeous.

@ezrib – Eeps! I love me some Plague Doctors! Yours is so fun! Love the big eyes and the bunny ears. The toilet paper rolls crack me up! Nice of you to make the masks for your family. I like the fabric prints.

@bunny1kenobi – Love the fabric and style of your masks. I like that they sunflower ones match the elastic bands. I think your kiddo’s masks are fun. I like the American flag one a lot. The Punisher one is cool. I love the sayings and humor.

3 Likes

Prompt: Free Range #1
Project Name: Scarf for Katsuyuki
Project Link: Scarves for Katsuyuki and Kimutako
Brief Description: I wanted to crochet something easy while watching movies with my parents, so I made a new scarf for Katsuyuki Moray!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Twitter
Project Name: Scarf for Kimutako
Project Link: same as above: Scarves for Katsuyuki and Kimutako
Brief Description: This scarf is shorter than the one for Katsuyuki, and part of it is light blue.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

This is breathtaking. It looks absolutely elegant. Love the dragonfly and the dainty flowers and the stark straight pleats!

This is sooooo cute!! Love his extra accessories; he’s about as topical as you can get right now!

The masks are great too; so far I’ve only made plain masks but I want to make some with cute fabric as well for family.

I love all of your masks! I love that you chose different patterns for each person’s tastes and personality, so they can feel safe AND stylish!

Very pretty masks! I’m so impressed by the volume of masks everyone is producing. I’ve only made three so far and it was a LOT of work! Keep up the awesome! :slight_smile:

Also omg your peg monsters are SO CUTE. I think the mummy is my favorite. I’d love to see a stop-motion video of their adventures! XD

3 Likes

Prompt: April - Lettuce Craft
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: Green with envy biscornu
Project Link: Green with envy biscornu
Brief Description: I made this biscornu for the raffle. This is prize will be a bit different than the rest of the donated prizes. In order to win this biscornu, you must offer at least one raffle donation. For every item donated to the raffle, you will be automatically entered to win this biscornu. You won’t be able to use your regular raffle tickets to bid on this prize. @roler will update the raffle post with the info. :slightly_smiling_face:
Project Photo(s):

9 Likes

That is a beautiful piece of work.

3 Likes

It’s beautiful!

3 Likes

The biscornu is gorgeous!

2 Likes

Prompt: April Battle - Phone Call -
Team: Knotty By Nature
Project Name: TARDIS Biscornu
Brief Description: SBC taught me how to make a biscornu and it took me FOREVER to finish stitching this thing! Those of you who know me from craftster may remember I have two children, and Grumpy Frog is going to be 2 in May, she is ahead of schedule on her TERRIBLE twos which makes all my crafting go much slower! It fits this battle cause… its a phone box…
Project Photo(s):

11 Likes

Prompt: April - Instagram
Project Name: Pink & Teal Lovebirds
Project Link: Pink & Teal Lovebirds
Brief Description: Made for @lindyv321 in the Color in a Box swap. Works for Instagram 'cause it’s pink!
Project Photo(s):

9 Likes

Yay! More biscornu! And the lovebirds are adorable.

2 Likes

Prompt: Research project
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: Koi biscornu
Project Link: Koi biscornu
Brief Description: I made this biscornu for the One Tiny Thing swap. After stalking @lifeinpigtails Pinterest boards, I decided to make her this. :heart:

Including stalking… er, research time, stitching, designing the back panel, and finishing, this took me about 25 hours to complete.
Project Photo(s):

9 Likes

This is beautiful!!!

2 Likes

Prompt: April Battle - TEXT
Project Name: Pants fix
Project Link: -0-
Brief Description: We found these pants for the ultra-picky Toad and he loved them- EXCEPT for the weird ruching from knee to ankle. Because my kid is long and skinny, it’s hard to find pants that fit around his waist and hips and don’t end mid-calf on him. So, finding a long enough pair that he actually would wear is a rarity! So I ripped out the elastic along the side seams and removed the cuffs, then cut about 4 inches off the bottom (all that ruching! Bizarre…) and sewed the cuffs back on. He’s over the moon for these pants now!
Though I prefer a phone call, I am going with Text. Texts tend to be shorter. I shortened the pants.
Oh, and about halfway through ripping off the elastic, I realized I should have taken a “before” photo. :woman_facepalming:
Project Photo(s)

3 Likes

Prompt: Free Range #1
Project Name: Masks for me!
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made myself some masks. :mask::blush:
Project Photo(s):

2 Likes

My son has been hoarding real estate with my computer while he’s using it for school, so I haven’t had the opportunity to look through and see all the cool prompts fulfilled yet.

I finally was able to figure out most my prompts for April. I’m waiting for a couple swap packages to be posted before I can post a few of them, but I’m going to get this part started and then come back later and finally look and comment. I’m too sleepy to enjoy that part right now.

I think I’ll just stay with team Bits and Bobs this time, too.

Prompt: April: Battle: TEXT
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: Lava Java
Project Link: Lava Java April Stitchalong entry
Brief Description: I chose Text because, well, there is TEXT on it.
Project Photo:

Prompt: April-Facebook
Project Name: Skeletal Walrus Embroidery
Project Link: Skeletal Walrus Embroidery
Brief Description: Even though he’s a skeleton, he still has a face!
Project Photo:

Prompt: April-Instagram
Project Name: Weird Animals Bunting
Project Link: [Weird Animals Bunting](: Weird Animals Embroidered Bunting)
Brief Description: Lots of pictures of weird animals turned into embroidery…and the use of pink and purple in this project!
Project Photo:

Prompt: April–Snapchat
Project Name: White crochet soapsaver
Project Link:
Brief Description: After receiving a soapsaver from Ladybugsandbees in a swap on the old site, and seeing how my dh goes through 3 or more bars of soap per one of mine, I made him one. It’s white.
Project Photo:

Prompt: April-Lettuce Craft
Project Name: Crochet Plant Seedling hanger and jar
Project Link: Crochet Plant Seedling with jar
Brief Description: It’s green!!! I made this for my color in a box partner!

5 Likes

This might not qualify, but I have a backup, just in case…

Prompt: April- Instagram
Project Name: Floral Arrangement 2.0
Project Link: n/a

Brief Description: For some reason, I have been itching to play around with floral arranging. I always see the bunches of flowers at the supermarket as I walk in, but never remember to grab them before I hit the checkout. So, when I received an email about a small flower business that was struggling to figure out how to survive through the state shutdown, I decided to order myself a bouquet. It arrived two weeks ago, and today, I finally decided that the roses and lilies had had it. So, I salvaged what I could (sadly, the ranunculus fell apart as I moved them), cut the hyacinths from my yard, and played around with a new “arrangement.” I definitely dont have a future as a floral designer, but it was very relaxing to play around with the flowers, and I spent almost 45 minutes putting it together. I think it could fit the prompt because Instagram is loaded with photos of flowers, and some of the flowers are pink!

Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Of course this counts! And that’s a lovely arrangement :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Prompt: Twitter
Project Name: Face Mask
Brief Description: my first attempt at a mask

This fits the Twitter prompt because I made the ‘small’ sized mask and the main colour is light blue.

Ha, just realised, his t-shirt matches perfectly- same colour and a shark!

6 Likes