CLOSED: Nerd Games - Spring 2020

It was more like a cake- not as dense as a banana bread, and the bananas mostly sank to the bottom. But, it was delicious! I used my B & W masterboard in my ATCs for Blitz #4, but I haven’t decided what to do with the extra piece, which measures about 8 1/2 X 11" (I have 3 pieces- one from each masterboard I’ve made). I might cut them up and use them to make notecards, but I’m still thinking about it.

1 Like

Prompt: Free Range 1
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: More masks
Project Link: -0-
Brief Description: I made masks with a different pattern. These where easier. Actually, I made 5 of these but forgot to get pictures of the others before I passed them out.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Fantastic fabrics @gozer! But you always do have the best fabrics! What pattern did you use?

2 Likes

@craftADDchick I don’t remember where I got it but I just looked up some and the pattern available at The Crafty Quilter looks the same.

2 Likes

Thanks! It looks similar to the one I used. I’m going to give Magpie’s method a try tomorrow.

1 Like

Prompt: Research Project
Team: Running with Scissors! :running_man:t2: :scissors:
Project Name: Felt stuffies
Project Link: Sunny the Dog - Poseable felt doll
and Loch Ness Feltie - Monster Jam 2020
Brief Description: The dog, Sunny, was my first feltie stuffie. He took forever because I was learning everything. How to hold the felt, stitch, knot, pop a knot back inside, blah, blah. I wasn’t even cutting it right I don’t think. But I got him done and was so excited I decided to tackle a more complex one. I am glad I started on Sunny because Finn, the Loch Ness, had so many more parts! But I think I am hooked. I really enjoyed making these guys!
PS. Finn has a magnet in his nose to hold a snorkel. You can follow the link to see it and him lounging with my cat, Pandy. :smile_cat:
Project Photo(s):

9 Likes

They are just fantastic!

3 Likes

@appledainty – the animated alerts are very cute. I, of course, love the cat. I like the color scheme you chose for them.

@GMPNQ – I think that penguin would be cute as a stamp! He’d be cute in a line of them in rainbow colors. :rainbow:

@Bunny1kenobi – Your granddaughter is absolutely adorable! She is so photogenic. Oh, and your headband is cute too. Ha! PS. I also love the Star Wars outfit.

4 Likes

Maybe I should do a few extra for you?

@Lynx Now you tell me :woman_facepalming:. A few more for you too?

@gozer line of rainbow penguins? Humm. Like that idea :penguin::penguin::penguin::rainbow:

2 Likes

These are amazing! I love them. :smiley:

1 Like

Okay, I’ve never done one of these, but I’m jumping in. Please let me know if I’ve left something out.

Prompt: Twitter (April)
Project Name: It’s Your Bird-day
Project Link: (Mostly) Metallic: ATC Blitz #4
Brief Description: Made in the Weekend ATC Blitz #4 for the prompt Put a Bird on It
Project Photo(s):
20200419_143923

Prompt: Instagram (April)
Project Name: Sew Awesome
Brief Description: Made in the same ATC Blitz for the prompt Sew Awesome. The background is mostly purple.
Project Photo(s):
20200419_152739

Prompt: Lettuce Craft (April)
Project Name: Just Right and That Thing You Do
Brief Description: Blitz #4 again, for the prompts Fairy Tale and Relax. The first is Baby Bear’s porridge bowl, and the second recreates the title logo for one of my favorite films. I made the latter while participating in the band reunion/watchalong last weekend, which was so much fun. Both have green elements. (Note: I paired them because the green in each was a fairly small portion. If it’s not enough green to satisfy the spirit of the prompt, please say so.)
Project Photo(s):
20200419_181512
20200418_113748

4 Likes

You posted perfectly!

We are super generous with prompt interpretation. As long as you explain why you feel your project fits a prompt and it makes sense, we’ll let it count. Seeing how far you can stretch your imagination is often part of the fun! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Awesome. I knew there was some flexibility, but I wanted to make sure I was using it appropriately :laughing:

2 Likes

Prompt: Research project
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: Totoro biscornu
Project Link: Totoro biscornu
Brief Description: This took me a long time to make, and I enjoyed every moment of it! I am offering this as a raffle prize. You can see more photos if you follow the project link.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

This is pure awesomeness!

3 Likes

Prompt: April - Facebook -
Team: Knotty By Nature
Project Name: Bartleby
Brief Description: Grumpy Frog has recently gotten into a show called True and the main character has a friend named Bartleby who is a black cat. Since GF likes cats he is obviously her favorite character so I made her a stuffed animal to snuggle with.
Project Photo(s):
Bartleby

Prompt: April - Instagram -
Team: Knotty By Nature
Project Name: Unicorn
Brief Description: My nephew recently told his mom that his unicorn Sparkles was lonely. So I made her a friend!
Project Photo(s):
unicorn

5 Likes

This plague doctor is so cute. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just have joined this forum and I will definitely join you in the team Knotty by nature :smiley:

6 Likes

Welcome to our wonderful community, both in the Nerd Games and on LC in general!

3 Likes

Welcome! Team Knotty by Nature is the best :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes