CLOSED: Nerd Games - Spring 2020

Maybe I should do a few extra for you?

@Lynx Now you tell me :woman_facepalming:. A few more for you too?

@gozer line of rainbow penguins? Humm. Like that idea :penguin::penguin::penguin::rainbow:

2 Likes

These are amazing! I love them. :smiley:

1 Like

Okay, I’ve never done one of these, but I’m jumping in. Please let me know if I’ve left something out.

Prompt: Twitter (April)
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: It’s Your Bird-day
Project Link: (Mostly) Metallic: ATC Blitz #4
Brief Description: Made in the Weekend ATC Blitz #4 for the prompt Put a Bird on It
Project Photo(s):
20200419_143923

Prompt: Instagram (April)
Project Name: Sew Awesome
Brief Description: Made in the same ATC Blitz for the prompt Sew Awesome. The background is mostly purple.
Project Photo(s):
20200419_152739

Prompt: Lettuce Craft (April)
Project Name: Just Right and That Thing You Do
Brief Description: Blitz #4 again, for the prompts Fairy Tale and Relax. The first is Baby Bear’s porridge bowl, and the second recreates the title logo for one of my favorite films. I made the latter while participating in the band reunion/watchalong last weekend, which was so much fun. Both have green elements. (Note: I paired them because the green in each was a fairly small portion. If it’s not enough green to satisfy the spirit of the prompt, please say so.)
Project Photo(s):
20200419_181512
20200418_113748

4 Likes

You posted perfectly!

We are super generous with prompt interpretation. As long as you explain why you feel your project fits a prompt and it makes sense, we’ll let it count. Seeing how far you can stretch your imagination is often part of the fun! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Awesome. I knew there was some flexibility, but I wanted to make sure I was using it appropriately :laughing:

2 Likes

Prompt: Research project
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: Totoro biscornu
Project Link: Totoro biscornu
Brief Description: This took me a long time to make, and I enjoyed every moment of it! I am offering this as a raffle prize. You can see more photos if you follow the project link.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

This is pure awesomeness!

3 Likes

Prompt: April - Facebook -
Team: Knotty By Nature
Project Name: Bartleby
Brief Description: Grumpy Frog has recently gotten into a show called True and the main character has a friend named Bartleby who is a black cat. Since GF likes cats he is obviously her favorite character so I made her a stuffed animal to snuggle with.
Project Photo(s):
Bartleby

Prompt: April - Instagram -
Team: Knotty By Nature
Project Name: Unicorn
Brief Description: My nephew recently told his mom that his unicorn Sparkles was lonely. So I made her a friend!
Project Photo(s):
unicorn

5 Likes

This plague doctor is so cute. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just have joined this forum and I will definitely join you in the team Knotty by nature :smiley:

6 Likes

Welcome to our wonderful community, both in the Nerd Games and on LC in general!

3 Likes

Welcome! Team Knotty by Nature is the best :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Prompt: April - Snapchat
Project Name: More Surgical Style Masks
Project Link: Craftalongs Challenge - Lettuce Help Our Communities
Brief Description: Here are four more masks my mother and I made to donate to healthcare workers. They’re mostly white and yellow.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Thanks so much for donating this beauty to the raffle! It’s so intricate and gorgeous! And the koi is sooooo beautiful! I feel like you should make more of those… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Aha, I see you caught the biscornu bug from your sister! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: This one is awesome; hooray for the Doctor!

Nice job fixing those pants! Sounds like the project was a big success! You have such a great variety of fun fabrics for your masks!

Whoops, looks like the family’s about to go watch some more streaming shows together, so I’ll catch up on the rest of the awesome posts here later. Meanwhile, there are two new prizes listed up in the raffle post, so check 'em out!

1 Like

Amazing work everyone again… Hopefully I’ll be able to post some things this month… life is just “a bit” mental just now… :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Prompt: April - Lettuce Craft
Project Name: Wool Folk Art Brooch
Project Link:

Brief Description: Made for the One Tiny Thing Swap. It’s green!
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Excellent entry for the Text prompt! XD My friends have been texting and meme-ing about coffee a LOT lately! The detail on that walrus hoop is amazing! Great contrast with the colors, too. And you know I ADORE that bunting!! Ooh, let us know if that soap-saver helps save more soap in your household! XD I’d never seen a crochet plant holder before, but it’s every bit as cute as macrame! :slight_smile: Your paper chain is so cheerful!! Great way to brighten up a room. Ahahaha, your cursing puffins cracked me up!! Somehow the burns seem extra harsh coming from such an unassuming-looking bird. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I totally agree that this counts. And it’s really beautiful! Thanks for sharing all your masterboards. I’m getting so much inspiration for when I finally start making my own! (After I finish a billion other things I’m working on…) Your vulture ATC is great!! That’s totally something I’d want in my as yet non-existent collection. Did you use an actual label maker for that text? It looks awesome!

Great job with the face mask! I’ve been SO happy to see how many people (including me!) are trying these for the first time, just to help out in this crisis! Also, that shark fabric is totally charming! The penguin design is darling. I look forward to seeing what you print with it!

These are really pretty and also snarky and fun! You’re really a master of that style!

This is soooo cute and charming! I’m sure lots of people are going to bid on it! Thank you!! And YES your granddaughter is totally adorable, and looks like she loves her pretty new headband!

Great job finding a new purpose for those lilies, which are gorgeous just the shape they are! The clutch is really elegant, and I love the butterfly applique! Oh my goodness, your obidome is GORGEOUS! I was just thinking how pretty it’d be with a lot of kimonos I’ve seen… it could take them to a whole new level! Your animated gifs are really cute!! Good job brushing up those animation skills!

Thanks! I was really torn between this one and Bits and Bobs last time, since they both totally apply to me just fine, and since B&B had so many members, I thought it could spare me to give this team a whirl this round! XD Also, where DO you find your fabrics?! I always love the stuff you find, but those two masks are particularly beautiful! I adore your new felt dolls. I’ve never made that style of felt craft, but it looks so cute and fun! I wonder if my flat felt skills are very transferable…

Welcome! You posted perfectly! Great colors on your ATCs, and I love the creativity of the sewn one!

I mean, how could you go wrong with this? You couldn’t, 'cause you’re a master of both the biscornu and the rainy Totoro. XD

Glad to see you posting more lately! :slight_smile: I don’t know the specific character Bartleby, but that’s a darn cute cat. XD And how sweet of you to make sure Sparkles wasn’t lonely!!

Hooray! Welcome! We always love seeing new blood here. Just out of curiosity, how did you find us?

1 Like

Yes, it does! I’ve been using the one that @LadybugsAndBees sent me in a swap awhile ago and I was going through one bar of soap for every 3 or 4 that dh was! You just put the soap in it, and it lathers and works as a bath cloth. Very nice!

2 Likes

Thanks, @roler! I have a label-maker somewhere, but can’t find it. Instead, I downloaded a font (called, appropriately enough, “Dymo”) and was able to print it out in different colors.

2 Likes

Bonus Prompts!!! Check them out at Prompt Palace!

6 Likes