Closed - Nerd Games - Spring 2021

Prompt: April – Some Assembly Required
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: Scrappy patch pouch
Project Link: Raven Scrappy Tote & Pouch
Brief Description: I had to assemble the black fabric together to make the striped patch.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April - Lack
Project Name: Decorated Notebook
Project Link: -0-
Brief Description: The notebook is flat when laid on a surface. This took longer than it looks. I first drew out my image, then traced it onto tracing paper. Then I realized it had to go the other way, so I retraced the back of the tracing paper. After that, I tried going over it to put the image on the plain cover. It only sort of worked. I ended up having to wing most of it. I do like this style though (the black and white on kraft) and want to play with it some more.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Research Project 1
Project Name: Raven Tote
Project Link: Raven Scrappy Tote & Pouch
Brief Description: This was my first time making up my own pattern. I also created the “black” fabric out of tiny bits of scrap fabric sewn together. I loved the results and want to do it again on something else. It has exterior & interior slip pockets and a zippered pocket inside. I used the same scrap technique on the raven and make it on both the front and back of the tote.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

This season I am promising myself that I will get better about commenting on this thread. I started going to the posts and feel like I neglected his board. Sorry guys.

@storerboughtcreation – That plastic canvas art must have taken forever. You came up with so many fun themes. Did you make up the patterns for them all, or just the sewing machine? I have to say, I am partial to the scissors (I’m back with RwS). I am loving all the critters! The horsey is fantastic. The little touch of the horseshoes sets it off. I love how nice and tight you crochet.

@bunny1kenobi – Do the drawers open on the bureau? I think you said they did, but you didn’t mention it or show a pick. I love the way it looks. I am still in awe of how you make such tiny things.

@megwell – Vanna looks like a hoot! Are those Q-tips for her arms? Hahaha! And the pizza looks yummy.

2 Likes

Thanks! I found most of these through Pinterest and tweaked a few, but mostly just used the charts as shared. :blush:

1 Like

OMG I LOVE THAT RAVEN TOTE!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Also, it refuses to let me post this because…
Warning

And there’s no way to say, yes, please post my incoherent fangirl squealing!

4 Likes

Prompt: April Battle: Some Assembly Required
Team: Running With Scissors
Project Name: Pressed Daffodil Card
Brief Description: It took some assembly to make this card for a daffodil lover in the Happy Mail Craftalong.
Project Photo:

4 Likes

Prompt: April - Billy
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: Mama and Baby Roo
Project Link: Mama Roo and baby, too!
Brief Description: Mama Roo has a pouch that stores little Baby Roo while he grows
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

So cuuuute!

2 Likes

Yes, the drawers open!

4 Likes

Prompt: April: Billy
Project: The Tassle Is Worth the Hassle Graduation Card
Brief Description: This bi-folded card has “doors” that open and close in front of the inside of the card.
Project Photo:
20210411_152041_resize_66

5 Likes

Prompt: April: Kallax
Project: Operation Use Up Yarn: A Collection of Lavender Brooches
Brief Description: You can rotate the pins to the wear the lavender brooch any direction.
Photo:

4 Likes

@Lynx - I love the way that you used real flowers on your card. It turned out very pretty. I like the way the graduation card opens. Congrats to the grad! The lavender is created in such a beautiful purple!

@storerboughtcreation - love the kangaroo and joey. They are adorable.

2 Likes

Prompt: April - Lack
Project Name: Dodo
Project Link: Dodo... Maybe of Wonderland?
Brief Description: I made a dodo. It has legs.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Oh my word, he’s adorable!!

2 Likes

@storerboughtcreation That dodo is too cute. I have never seen one look like that. I love the bill. Absolutely adorable.

2 Likes

Prompt: April: Malm
Project: Operation Use Up Yarn: Black and White Clutch
Brief Description: A clutch holds things.
Photo:
20210417_214712_resize_26

5 Likes

Prompt: April - Billy
Team: RWS
Project Name: watercolors for greeting cards
Project Link:
Brief Description: These were made to be a part of something else.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Prompt: April - Kallax
Project Name: miniature guitar for knickertwist
Project Link:
Brief Description: This has an even number of strings and an even number of tuning pegs (beads).
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April - Malm
Project Name: miniature guitar for my dad
Project Link:
Brief Description: This will be part of a larger project. All the black features on this guitar are painted.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

These are amazing!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Prompt: Free Range
Project Name: Calzone
Project Link: The tastiest calzone ever! With tutorial
Brief Description: I made my calzone with tutorial because @roler wanted to make it and asked for one. You can make your own now, too. It is so yummy.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes