CLOSED - Nerd Games - Spring 2022

Look at me not piling up projects this season!
Prompt: “Though she be but little, she is fierce” (April)
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: ATCoin monsters
Project Link: ATCoin Monsters from Under-Papers
Brief Description: ATCoins are small (2.5-inch diameter).
Project Photo(s):
https://lettucecraft-discourse-backup.s3.dualstack.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/uploads/db2588/original/3X/7/e/7e8b160470ec9f1ff66f10d96109248615fcf4b4.jpeg

2 Likes

Sorry I haven’t posted on here yet. Almost all of my crafts have been in swaps, but now I can finally post some!

Prompt: Rose - April
Team: Running w Scissors
Project Name: Star Wars Inchie Dice
Project Link: Inchie Dice Gravity Falls, Star Wars, & D&D
Brief Description: This dice has one single red helmet among the troopers.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Glitter not Gold - April
Project Name: Gravity Falls Inchie Dice
Brief Description: This Inchie Dice has Gold!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Small & Fierce - April
Project Name: D&D glowing Inchie Dice
Brief Description: Dice are small and these dice have lots of bones, swords, and other D&D weapons on them. They also glow in the dark, which make them fierce in my opinion! Ha!
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: Battle - April - KING
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: Family Trio Embroidery Hoops
Project Link: Family Trio Embroidery Hoops
*Brief Description: The last name was King for this lady. :heart:
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: April Battle - King
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: King Trumpet Alfredo Pasta
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: We got some king trumpet mushrooms from our CSA. I made an alfredo pasta with them. Turned out delicious!

Project Photo(s):

king trumpet mushrooms - Copy

Prompt: April - “And look upon myself and curse my fate”
Project Name: Minis
Brief Description: I bought one of those mini kits online. It is so incredibly intricate, and is taking me forever! Fun, though, also often frustrating

.Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April - “A rose by any other name…”
Brief Description: More minis. It’s going to be a cute little cat house.

.Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April - “Though she be but little, she is fierce”
Brief Description: More minis.

.Project Photo(s):

mini1 - Copy

Prompt: April - “Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn and caldron bubble. Cool it with a baboon’s blood, Then the charm is firm and good”
Project Name: Banana Bread
Brief Description: We got some bananas with our CSA that went brown really fast, so I made some A+ banana bread.

.Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Research Project
Project Name: Junk Journal
Project Link: Junk Journal
Brief Description: I wanted to get back into making junk journals after quite a hiatus. I tried a bunch of new things this time around and worked with new supplies and techniques. I probably spent about 40 hours on it over the past few weeks. I decided to call it done so I could start on the next one.

.Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

I cannot wait to see that cat house! And I agree, miniatures are frustrating. Glad you can find the fun in it though, I never could. I think they look cool, but have zero enjoyment creating them. Ha! Why didn’t you make a post for your junk journal? It’s great! You should show the whole site!

2 Likes

Prompt: Double Double - April
Team: running with Scissors
Project Name: Star Girl recreation
Project Link: (Paste the link to your community post for the bonus points) *
Brief Description: I created this for the Craft this in your Style craft-a-long. I think the circles on the sleeves look like bubbles!
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

@gozer Okay, you got me, I made a post for it. :smiley: Thanks for the push!

2 Likes

Prompt: April - And look upon myself and curse my fate
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: Dinosaur Mosaic
Project Link: Like, rawr and stuff! 🦖
Brief Description: I made this blanket as a pattern tester. The pattern released today, so I can finally share my photos :smiley: It was frustrating to have to wait to post. And also, dinosaurs had a cursed fate.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

@storerboughtcreation Um, I need this so hard! Oh my goodness!!! DInos!!! It’s absolutely amazing!!!

1 Like

@storerboughtcreation It turned out so great! Perfect color choices!

1 Like

Special thanks to you, @roler, and @Smeddley for color assistance! :hearts:

4 Likes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY @storerboughtcreation :birthday:
I hope you have the best year yet!

4 Likes

Thanks! Monkey is helping get the party started :rofl:

5 Likes

Popping in to wish @storerboughtcreation a happy birthday!
Planning a bit of a crafty weekend, hopefully I will get some stuff done. I’m a bit low on mojo.

5 Likes

:sparkles: there’s some crafty mojo for you! May you be inspired this weekend!

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

5 Likes

Came here to say Happy, happy, happy Birthday to our fanastic Captain, too! Hope you have a great day and even better year! Thank you for all you do, Jamie!

4 Likes

Thank you! I had a fantastic day. My hubby took me to our favorite coffee shop, we discovered a place called Recraft Greenville where I bought all this yarn for $16 (it sells for $2 per pound!), then to see my parents, sister, and nieces for dinner and cake. We just got home. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Also your friendly reminder that the April Battle is due tonight by midnight! :smiley:

@roler
Ahhh, such ADORABLE felt works!!! You do so many amazing things, looking forward to a lot of bedazzling crafty bits! :smiley: And that tissue box art is… chef’s kiss

@storerboughtcreation
OMG the GNOME!!! <3 And I remain in complete awe of you ability to turn out crocheted blankets at lightning speed!

@megwell
Oooh, I’d never heard of ATCoins, those are great!

@gozer
LOVING those dice! I’ve always wanted to make some (I think I even have wooden cubes) but never have taken the plunge. That embroidery is gorgeous! And your art is beautiful (as always!).

@lovelymiss
That mushroom dish looks delicious! And banana bread! Now I wanna bake! And the miniatures… swoon I love mini things, and those look great! That junk journal is amazing. I love how other people’s look, but I can never get them to turn out right for me. But I’ll keep trying!

5 Likes

Project Name: Dragon Blood Drop Squeezy
Brief Description: Dragon Blood Drop Squeezy! Dragons are certainly the KING of the monsters!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April “Though she be but little, she is fierce”
Project Name: Chicken Blood Drop Squeezy
Project Link: Chicken Pattern
Brief Description: Chicken Blood Drop Squeezy! He’s small, but definitely fierce, because birds are DINOSAURS!!!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range 1
Project Name: Owl Blood Drop Squeezy
Project Link: Owl Pattern
Brief Description: Owl Blood drop squeezy
Project Photo(s): (see above)

5 Likes

I did manage to get some crafting time today, along with some quality time with my daughter. Didn’t complete anything today, but made some progress.
Getting in the battle prompt before April disappears, hopefully I will have some non-food entries soon.
Project Name: Challah Key
Project Link:
Brief Description:
There is a tradition among certain Jewish communities to bake a Challah shaped like a key on the first Friday after Passover. I learned this from a foodies FB group I belong to, as key shaped breads started popping up there right before the weekend. I did some reading to find out more about it.
Most say the Challah symbolizes the key to prosperity. Some bake an actual key into the Challah.
This reminded me of another tradition, that also involves placing an object inside a baked good - the king cake, in honor of Epiphany.
So, inspired by the many variations the group posted this year and in previous years, we baked one for our Friday dinner. It’s a bit wonky, but tasted really yummy with butter.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes