CLOSED - Nerd Games - Spring 2022

# PROMPT PALACE

Please post your projects with the following header:

Prompt: (Write the name of the prompt you are entering your craft for here. Don’t forget to include the month!)
Team: (Choose one of three, listed below)*
Project Name: (Name your craft anything you like; fanciful titles or simple labels/descriptions are all fine)*
Project Link: (Paste the link to your community post for the bonus points)*
Brief Description: (Tell us anything you’d like to about the craft, such as how you made it, and why it fits the prompt .)**
Project Photo(s): (Post photos of your awesome craft here, so we can ooh and aah over it!)*

Battle Royale Prompt

Choose a side and craft a project to represent your choice. Must be completed within the month of issue, by 11:59 om, Central US time, on the last day of the month. Players may only submit one project per month/Battle. Battle Royale prompts are worth 20 points each and are eligible for all available Bonus Point opportunities.

• April Battle - Fool vs King - CLOSED
  • May Battle - Forwards vs Backwards - CLOSED
  • June Battle - Classic Novels vs Their Adaptations

Challenge Prompts

April Theme - This month is brought to you by National Talk Like Shakespeare Day (April 23rd) and my love of the book Fool, a retelling of King Lear from the fool’s perspective. But for propriety’s sake I will stick with Shakespearian lines…

• “And look upon myself and curse my fate” - craft something that has frustrated you, or is meant to frustrate someone else, or represents a frustrating character/saying/element.
  • “A rose by any other name…” - craft something that has flowers, or is red, or smells lovely.
  • “All that glitters is not gold” - craft something that is glittery or gold.
  • “Though she be but little, she is fierce” - craft something small or fierce.
  • “Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn and caldron bubble. Cool it with a baboon’s blood, Then the charm is firm and good” - craft something that requires heat or fire, has bubbles, or is charming. (This is @storerboughtcreation’s favorite Shakespearean quote and if you wish her a happy birthday on April 28th you can possible get bonus points? If our illustrious leader can’t dole out a few bonus points, what’s the point of that power?)

May theme - Palindromes!

• Taco Cat - Craft something with a lot of layers, or cat-like, or that is beige.
  • Step Not on Pets - craft something to be used while walking/moving, or something for (or depicting) a pet.
  • Never odd or even - craft something that has multiple parts, or uses multiple crafting techniques.
  • Borrow or Rob - craft something that “borrows” or “robs” supplies from a different craft’s stash, or make something for others to borrow or that you’re giving away.
  • Stressed Desserts - craft something that brings you comfort, or something that is sweet.

June theme - Updates! Upcycling? Reworking! Everything old is new again? Or perhaps everything great is made worse, depending on how you look at it!

• Graphic Novel Adaptation - Craft something that is colorful, has no/few words, or is smaller (shorter) that the original. Or something inspired by your favorite graphic novel (and tell us about it!).
  • Movie Adaptation - Craft something that has moving parts, sounds, or incorporates the color silver (screen!). Or something inspired by your favorite movie (and tell us about it!).
  • Podcast Adaptation - Craft something that is black and white, has/is radio themed, or is a new fad/craze. Or something inspired by your favorite podcast (and tell us about it!).
  • Retelling - Craft something where you’ve changed up an existing pattern, or is a different take on an old craft, or combines two crafts together. Or something inspired by your favorite retelling (and tell us about it!).
  • Cliff’s Notes - Craft something super simple, that is made all in one piece, or is made to help someone get something done quickly or easily.
4 Likes

Team Roster and Tracking

1 Like

Omg. You are too funny and so sweet :hearts:

3 Likes

Oooooh, do I get to be first?! XD

Prompt: April - Double, double toil and trouble
Team: Knotty by Nature
Project Name: Luvdisc ATC
Project Link: Gotta catch 'em all! Pokémon ATCs - #39 by roler
Brief Description: This has bubbles, AND it required heat to apply them (woohoo getting an off-brand bedazzler as an adult, A++ CAN RECOMMMEND)! Also I hope it is charming! :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April - A rose by any other name
Project Name: Flower bookmark
Project Link: Easter egg swap goodies
Brief Description: Flower bookmark! Is flowers! XD
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April - Though she be but little, she is fierce
Project Name: Chick magnet
Project Link: Easter egg swap goodies
Brief Description: A little and fierce chick!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April - All that glitters is not gold
Project Name: Spoink Hop
Project Link: Spoink Hoop
Brief Description: Spoink has a glittery pearl on its head, and I used a little bit of white felt to represent the highlight!
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Prompt: April - And look upon myself and curse my fate
Project Name: Covid ATC
Project Link: TBA
Brief Description: This ATC is made of part of one of three (3) empty tissue boxes lying by my couch from my horrid two-week bout of COVID. It’s so awful even after two vaccines and a booster; please keep being careful out there, folks! I have definitely been cursing my fate!
Project Photo(s):

I’ve hardly crafted anything in the last two weeks because I’ve had NO energy, but hopefully I can get back into the groove soon! I’m not quite well but definitely improving!

7 Likes

Prompt: April - Battle - King
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: gnome wizard
Project Link:
Brief Description: wizards are usually depicted as wise, so fool wouldn’t make much sense for this battle prompt :blush:

He may or may not have something to do with the summer season. :zipper_mouth_face: :shushing_face:
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

I should get a bedazzler. And then we can have a competition to see who can bedazzle the heck out of a project the most! :laughing:

Your Easter swap projects are all so fun and cute! Spoink is freaking adorable. That tail! The snout and pink cheeks! Even though you can’t see it, I feel like Spoink is grinning like a fool. Though it has a dark entry description, it is now one of my favorites :hearts:

I love that you crafted something to commemorate getting COVID during these crazy times. It is something you can whip out in 10-20 years to show young kids a bit of history.

2 Likes

Look at me not piling up projects this season!
Prompt: “Though she be but little, she is fierce” (April)
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: ATCoin monsters
Project Link: ATCoin Monsters from Under-Papers
Brief Description: ATCoins are small (2.5-inch diameter).
Project Photo(s):
https://lettucecraft-discourse-backup.s3.dualstack.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/uploads/db2588/original/3X/7/e/7e8b160470ec9f1ff66f10d96109248615fcf4b4.jpeg

2 Likes

Sorry I haven’t posted on here yet. Almost all of my crafts have been in swaps, but now I can finally post some!

Prompt: Rose - April
Team: Running w Scissors
Project Name: Star Wars Inchie Dice
Project Link: Inchie Dice Gravity Falls, Star Wars, & D&D
Brief Description: This dice has one single red helmet among the troopers.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Glitter not Gold - April
Project Name: Gravity Falls Inchie Dice
Brief Description: This Inchie Dice has Gold!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Small & Fierce - April
Project Name: D&D glowing Inchie Dice
Brief Description: Dice are small and these dice have lots of bones, swords, and other D&D weapons on them. They also glow in the dark, which make them fierce in my opinion! Ha!
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: Battle - April - KING
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: Family Trio Embroidery Hoops
Project Link: Family Trio Embroidery Hoops
*Brief Description: The last name was King for this lady. :heart:
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: April Battle - King
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: King Trumpet Alfredo Pasta
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: We got some king trumpet mushrooms from our CSA. I made an alfredo pasta with them. Turned out delicious!

Project Photo(s):

king trumpet mushrooms - Copy

Prompt: April - “And look upon myself and curse my fate”
Project Name: Minis
Brief Description: I bought one of those mini kits online. It is so incredibly intricate, and is taking me forever! Fun, though, also often frustrating

.Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April - “A rose by any other name…”
Brief Description: More minis. It’s going to be a cute little cat house.

.Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April - “Though she be but little, she is fierce”
Brief Description: More minis.

.Project Photo(s):

mini1 - Copy

Prompt: April - “Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn and caldron bubble. Cool it with a baboon’s blood, Then the charm is firm and good”
Project Name: Banana Bread
Brief Description: We got some bananas with our CSA that went brown really fast, so I made some A+ banana bread.

.Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Research Project
Project Name: Junk Journal
Project Link: Junk Journal
Brief Description: I wanted to get back into making junk journals after quite a hiatus. I tried a bunch of new things this time around and worked with new supplies and techniques. I probably spent about 40 hours on it over the past few weeks. I decided to call it done so I could start on the next one.

.Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

I cannot wait to see that cat house! And I agree, miniatures are frustrating. Glad you can find the fun in it though, I never could. I think they look cool, but have zero enjoyment creating them. Ha! Why didn’t you make a post for your junk journal? It’s great! You should show the whole site!

2 Likes

Prompt: Double Double - April
Team: running with Scissors
Project Name: Star Girl recreation
Project Link: (Paste the link to your community post for the bonus points) *
Brief Description: I created this for the Craft this in your Style craft-a-long. I think the circles on the sleeves look like bubbles!
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

@gozer Okay, you got me, I made a post for it. :smiley: Thanks for the push!

2 Likes

Prompt: April - And look upon myself and curse my fate
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: Dinosaur Mosaic
Project Link: Like, rawr and stuff! 🦖
Brief Description: I made this blanket as a pattern tester. The pattern released today, so I can finally share my photos :smiley: It was frustrating to have to wait to post. And also, dinosaurs had a cursed fate.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

@storerboughtcreation Um, I need this so hard! Oh my goodness!!! DInos!!! It’s absolutely amazing!!!

1 Like

@storerboughtcreation It turned out so great! Perfect color choices!

1 Like

Special thanks to you, @roler, and @Smeddley for color assistance! :hearts:

4 Likes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY @storerboughtcreation :birthday:
I hope you have the best year yet!

4 Likes

Thanks! Monkey is helping get the party started :rofl:

5 Likes