CLOSED - Nerd Games - Spring 2023

ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION

Each season this year, we’re having extra events to celebrate 10 years of nerdy crafting and our awesome community.

This season, we’re doing a Crafty Scavenger Hunt! You’ll receive a small physical reward if you complete the post during the current season. The Crafty Scavenger Hunt post is for the prize event only and will not earn any points. (If you use items you made this season, be sure to submit them for points!)

Crafty Scavenger Hunt

Let’s go exploring! Find 10 items the fit the following guidelines. Items must be something you made, but not necessarily this season. Find all of your images and submit them all in ONE POST in the thread. Submit the claim form after you’ve posted your finds!

1. A project you made that makes you smile.
  2. A project that was the first time you used a particular skill.
  3. A project you made that you think is weird or cool.
  4. A project you made that makes you reflect on how much you’ve grown or developed as a crafter.
  5. A project you made that starts with the first letter of your name or username.
  6. A project that uses a skill/supply/tool you don’t use often, but may like to return to again at some point.
  7. A project you think was the most time-consuming.
  8. A project you made that you gifted or created for someone else.
  9. A project you made that you didn’t think you would finish.
  10. A project you made where the final result surprised you.

Scavenger Hunt Submission Form
I attest that I have completed the requirements of the Crafty Scavenger Hunt: Yes/No

My name and mailing address (as it should be formatted for sending, including country) are:

4 Likes

Prompt: April Mooncalf
Team: Running w scissors
Project Name: polka dot mask
Project Link: A multitude of masks (slightly pic heavy) - #11 by Bunny1kenobi
Brief Description: This has spots. Everywhere.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: April Laughingstock
Project Name: fabric fetish mask
Brief Description: This is made of fabric, which I always have in stock. It matches a skirt I made a while back, though I doubt I’ll be wearing them together any time soon. It also has green on it.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: Free Range #1
Project Name: flower mask
Brief Description: Made to combat my dry eyes.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: Free Range #2
Project Name: teal mask
Brief Description: Made to combat my dry eyes. This one has different fabrics on each side.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: Free Range #3
Project Name: oriental mask
Brief Description: Made to combat my dry eyes.
Project Photo(s):

3 Likes

The eyemasks are great! I especially love the fabric you used for the fabric fetish mask one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I do love that fabric. I was glad to have enough of it left to make a mask!

3 Likes

Prompt: Research Project
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: 60s Mod mosaic blanket
Project Link: Sixties Mod mosaic blanket
Brief Description: I designed this blanket and finished crocheting it yesterday. I brought it over to my parents house to photograph today, and I just love how it turned out!
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

It’s gorgeous! I love those vibrant colors!

1 Like

Prompt: April- Serious
Project Name: dragon bookmark
Project Link: Dragon bookmark and lettering “tutorial”
Brief Description: Dragons are serious business!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April Blockhead
Project Name: boot repair
Project Link: Bootie Tweak
Brief Description: These boots are brown.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April- Ninnyhammer
Project Name: Little Nemo bookmark
Project Link: Little Nemo bookmark
Brief Description: This bookmark is mostly blue.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Big Time #1
Project Name: Lizard shoes
Project Link: Another footwear rehab
Brief Description: First I painted the shoes white. Then I drew the lizard and used my drawing to create a reversible pattern, which I copied to my shoes. Then I used Posca pens to finish it all off.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April Featherhead
Project Name: Endless Wonder bookmark
Project Link: Endless Wonder bookmark
Brief Description: This bookmark is lightweight.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: April Battle - Foolish
Team: Bits and Bobos
Project Name: Brioche
Project Link:
Brief Description: Dropping in to post the Battle and will have more soon! I had leftover egg yolks and tried to make brioche. I’m going with Foolish because I quickly realized I seriously under-kneaded the dough and my instant yeast was a bit of a dud. It fell apart into something like dinner rolls, but still tasted good - more like a biscuit. Whomp whomp.

Project Photo(s):

brioche - Copy

5 Likes

Prompt: April - Featherhead
Team: knotty by nature
Project Name: Rainbow Heartdrop design v1
Project Link:
Brief Description: I designed this mosaic pattern and I’m currently having it tested by several people.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April - Laughingstock
Project Name: Rainbow Heartdrop design v2
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made a simpler version and also wrote out the pattern for this one. The other version is chart only.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April - Blockhead
Project Name: Fairy Tale blanket design
Project Link:
Brief Description: Yet another design I currently have being tested. This blanket comes out to a square size.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: April - Mooncalf
Project Name: 60s mod teardrops design
Project Link:
Brief Description: @QueenHobo has been testing this pattern for me. She’s almost done. I designed this when I designed the 60s mod blanket.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Prompt: April Battle- Foolish
Team: Knotty by Nature
Project Name: Peach crumble biscuits
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made these Peach Crumble Biscuits, I foolishly turned the temp too high so the crumble caught a touch, but they are delish!

5 Likes

I’m a sucker for dinner rolls, but I love biscuits too! I beg these were yummy @LovelyMiss!

@storerboughtcreation you have become this pattern maven! I especially like the fairy tale one. I’d love to see the completed versions of all of these!

Peach crumble sounds delicious @ezrib!

4 Likes

Prompt: Serious (April Battle)
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: Tots ATC
Project Link: will probably add one later
Brief Description: I take my air-fried tater tots so seriously that I cleaned off some actual tot packaging to make this card for thanate’s Little Good Things theme in the Ongoing ATC Swap.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

I’m jumping back in, my fingers are itching to create more!

Prompt: April Battle - Serious
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: Not so sudden hedgehog shirt
Project Link: Sublimation print shirts
Brief Description:
I can’t believe I’m picking serious, my kid says I’m never serious. But, this shirt took a lot of patient concentration, getting all those little lines traced. Also, I’m seriously happy with the result, and keep showing it to anyone I can :grin:
This is a sublimation print shirt that I made in a workshop at a sci-fi con earlier this month.
Project Photo(s):

Now I will go back and look at all the other wonderful art here.

8 Likes

Prompt: April Battle- Foolish
Project Name: Crocheted Yip Yips
Project Link: Crocheted Yip Yips - #20 by craftADDchick
Brief Description: I saw these on Repeat Crafter Me back when she originally posted them, and bought the googly eye rings immediately. But, I haven’t had much time to craft, so they sat in my bag. When I saw the ones @ezrib posted, it reminded me that I needed to make some! They are quick to make (I had to make 2, since one took under 30 minutes), and I had planned to make a bunch this weekend. But, I never transferred the package of googly eye rings from my school bag to my craft bag when I packed up for a mini craft weekend. I was already in another state when I realized! So, when I got home, I knocked out the green one. It’s a smidgen smaller because it’s made with Caron Simply Soft, instead of Red Heart Super Saver. So silly and fun!

Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Prompt: April Battle - Foolish
Project Name: Ami Pumpkin
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: I should have been working on my afghan, but instead, I decided to FOOLISHLY make a little pumpkin (which will also be part of this year’s ridiculous Pumpkin All The Things, one of my very foolish endeavors… I also do not, under any circumstances, NEED another little stuffed pumpkin…)
Project Photo(s):

8 Likes

Prompt: April Featherhead
Team: Knotty by Nature
Project Name: Tassled Tatas Vent Charm
Project Link: https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/tassled-tatas-vent-charm-v1/23378
Brief Description: I made these tassled tatas that hang by vent clip on the car vent & spin when the heat/air is on. I never know what is “family friendly” so i fuzzed it, but they aren’t graphic

6 Likes