CLOSED: Nerd Games - Summer 2020

Prompt: August Great white
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: Beach Please cards
Project Link: Beach, Please!
Brief Description: I made these for kittykill in the happy mail swap. They are ATC sized! I think they are great because I had so much fun making them that I went from six to eight and had to stop myself from making even more! They are also great because of the little coordinating envelopes that went with them. I created the designs in canva.com.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: August Bull shark
Project Name: Masks for my kiddo
Project Link: Stenciled Masks for the kiddo
Brief Description: I Stenciled these for my kiddo to wear to school but they could be used in lots of other places, too!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range
Project Name: Interchangeable earrings
Project Link: Interchangeable earrings
Brief Description: I Made these for kittykill in The happy mail swap. I used barrel clasps to create a pair of earrings with interchangeable baubles.
Project Photo(s):

2 Likes

Prompt: Zap 2
Project Name: Miniature oil lamp
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made this as part of a larger project, using a push pin, a glass bead and a few other jewelry bits. And glue. Lots and lots of glue.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Zap 3
Project Name: Magnets
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made these for calluna in the Use What You Have swap. She asked for some strong magnets and I happened to have some in my stash!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: September sewing needle
Project Name: library in an Altoids tin
Project Link: Bookshelf in a tin
Brief Description: I made this for calluna in the Use What You Have swap. The tin is metal.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: September Tailor’s Chalk
Project Name: Miniature strong box
Project Link:
Brief Description: this was made to go in the Altoids tin. I had to create a pattern to cut the pieces out of mat board. After assembly they were covered in patterned paper and paint, and I also made a clasp and fabric hinge. I made the goodies that went inside the box, as well.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Difficult choice of which team to join this time, but since I’ve been doing a lot of art lately… :slight_smile:

Prompt: September Battle - Hand vs Machine
Team: Palettable Art
Project Name: ATCs
Project Link:
Brief Description: A trio of ATCs made by hand!
Project Photo(s):
2008sbtriocistt
If anyone is curious as it is a bit hard to read, the magic potions used mermaid tears, fairy dust and ground dragon scales. :wink:

2 Likes

Prompt: September - Tailor’s Chalk
Project Name: carolina wren ATC
Project Link: Carolina Wren ATC
Brief Description: This little guy required a very light sketch phase in order to get the right proportions for his little body. :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

820wacfas

3 Likes

Prompt: August - Nurse Shark
Project Name: cat and bird coins
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made these cat and bird coins and gave them to Kwality in the OWS. :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July - Creeping Ivy
Project Name: both girl art coins
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made these girl coins (they both have long thin strands of hair!) for Kwality in the OWS. :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: August - Hammerhead Shark
Project Name: Kwailty coin ATC coin
Project Link: A Kwality Koin for Kwality!
Brief Description: It’s an art coin that looks like a coin! :wink: This guy required the tools of a pencil to draw plus a brush for the watercolor colors. Made for Kwality in the OWS. :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):
2008kxanpitjsk1

4 Likes

Prompt: zap #1
Project Name: Camera ATC
Project Link:
Brief Description: An instax camera for the ATC swap. Blurred because it hasn’t been received yet. It took at least 30 minutes, but I ran out of prompts this could fit! :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

2009icfthelks

Prompt: zap #2
Project Name: Halloween Hello Kitty
Project Link:
Brief Description: A Halloween Hello Kitty for the ATC swap. Blurred because it hasn’t been received yet. It took at least 30 minutes, but I ran out of prompts this could fit! :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

2009khalsifc

2 Likes

Before I forget to ask, what does OWS stand for? I looked at the swap once and couldn’t figure it out. :blush:

Now on to your fun art. That Kwality Coin is so cute and it cracks me up. I bet she enjoys it! The “did something scary” ATC feels like it could be a badge we all strive to achieve in current times on a daily basis. And that kitty coin :heart_eyes_cat:

Your last two blurred pieces are super cute, but I won’t say anything else in case your swap partner stops by :blush:

1 Like

Thank you! :blush: Sorry! I’m so used to using the initials… it means the Ongoing Wish Swap. :blush:

1 Like

Prompt: August - Great White Shark
Project Name: Punkin stack ATC
Project Link:
Brief Description: That middle punkin sure looks intimidating to me! :wink: I made this for the ATC swap. Blurred because it hasn’t been received yet.
Project Photo(s):

2009lslkyfos

Prompt: July - Tall grasses
Project Name: Happy mail envie
Project Link: Cemetery themed happy mail
Brief Description: An envie hides the content inside to keep it safe! :slight_smile: made for the Happy Mail swap.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July - Clover
Project Name: RIP cards
Brief Description: a set of four RIP cards honoring things of the past. :slight_smile: Made this for the happy mail swap :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July - Flowers
Project Name: Cemetery stickers
Brief Description: these stickers are not only colorful, but the florals have petals too! :slight_smile: Made this for the happy mail swap :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):
2018smfothehm

Prompt: July - Shrubbery
Project Name: Bride of Frankenstein ATC
Brief Description: The bride has a bushy hairdo. :slight_smile: Made this for the happy mail swap :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):
2008bofcfthpms

Prompt: August - Bull Shark
Project Name: Cemetery bunting
Brief Description: buntings can be put in many different places! Made this for the happy mail swap :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: August - Tiger Shark
Project Name: Cemetery bookmark
Brief Description: As this bookmark took a while to draw and render, it required tenacity and perseverance. :slight_smile: Made this for the happy mail swap :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

Ok! Whew! Think I’ve uploaded everything now. :smiley:

2 Likes

Prompt: September Iron
Team: knotty by nature
Project Name: Sleepy Dino for Squishy
Brief Description: A friend of mine just found out she was pregnant after trying for years and giving up. Shes really into dinosaurs so be prepared for dino overload :joy:
I think it fits the prompt because I had to flatten the belly. Which was easier than said than done.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

@appledainty beautiful fish!

@megwell haha, fun altered coloring page! :laughing: What fun, bright loomed potholders! :slight_smile:

@storerboughtcreation pretty kitty cross stitch! Ooo… I love taht apache tears blanket in aqua/grey/white, very pretty! Lovely cactus embroidery. :cactus: :cherry_blossom: I love that owl crossstitch! Awww, the Venkman tribue kitty… so sweet! :heart: Great pumpkins!

@Bunny1kenobi Aww, cute cookies and teeny plate! You always make such awesome miniatures! :smiley: Love the haunted house! That miniature oil lamp is so clever! love the little mini strong box with teeny ring and money. :ring:

@QueenHobo wow, amazing octopus! haha, love the hamburger cowl! :hamburger: And cute little dino stuffie. :slight_smile:

@geekgirl great art journal!! Love the Edge Chronicles cover too. :smiley: Cute little yellow birdie ATCs!

@roler aww, such cuy dugtrio sandwiches. :slight_smile: ACute Amabie hoop! Ooo… I love that adventurer merit badge!

@gshillitani Welcome! great little fiber trio boxes!

@Lynx I like your rainbow recyling bag! great idea! mmm… those key lime cupcakes look yummy! So do the empanadas! Cute sloth ATCs! :sloth:

@Tanath cute cherry ring! :cherries: mmm… those swirl cookies look great! :cookie:

@craftADDchick Your canned veggies look good! Great zip bags! Can never have enough of those! :slight_smile: I love that octopus necklace!

@smeddley LOVE the bird bead mask! And the puppy mask turned out great! And the shark! :shark:

@gozer patchouli the skunk is so cute! so is Quackers! :blue_heart: Wow, that catio is amazing! Bet the kitties love it! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Prompt: September Battle - Machine
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: Candied Lemon & Blueberry Pavlova with Espresso Cream and Rosewater Lemonade Mocktails
Brief Description: I made these fancy Sunday treats for a fun event on Twitch. :3 A roleplay wedding for one of the characters I follow. I made candied rose petals to create the decoration on top. I used my power mixer (machine!) to make the pavlova. I also made rosewater + raspberry lemonade mocktails with muddled basil and candied lemon.
Project Photo(s):

3 Likes

Prompt: July Theme - Flowers
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: Rosewater Toner & Lotion
Brief Description: I used leftover rose petals from my pavlova decoration to make rosewater toner and mixed some of the rosewater into some plain lotion to create matching lotion.
Project Photo(s):

3 Likes

Prompt: Great White Shark (August)
Project Name: Sprinkles ATC
Project Link: Sprinkles, Snark, Sayings: August Swap ATCs
Brief Description: Sprinkles can be used anywhere! Made for the Ongoing ATC Swap.
Project Photo(s):
20200908_203951

Prompt: Nurse Shark (August)
Project Name: This Hour ATC
Brief Description: Made for Reinikka in the Ongoing ATC Swap.
Project Photo(s):
20200908_203707

Prompt: Sewing Needle (September)
Project Name: On the List ATC
Brief Description: I made this card for a snarky housewives theme in the Ongoing ATC swap. Snark is a form of sharp wit.
Project Photo(s):
20200908_203822

Prompt: Hand (September Battle)
Project Name: Ransom-style birthday card
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: I did this ransom-note style birthday card for my brother (the ransom note being a plan B to cover up a failed design). I don’t want to live in a world where ransom notes are done by machine.
Project Photo(s):

3 Likes

Get ready for a project dump!

Prompt: September - Bobbin Thread
Team: Team Palettable Art
Project Name: Altered Spool
Project Link: Altered Spool
Brief Description: I choose Bobbin thread as the prompt as the paper strip is wound around a spool
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: September - Sewing Needle
Project Name: Watercolor Bookmarks
Project Link: Watercolor Bookmarks
Brief Description: These bookmarks are long and thin. And have a hole in the top that you can thread through ribbon!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: September - Seam Ripper
Project Name: Crocheted Air Plant Holder
Project Link: Crocheted Air Plant Holder
Brief Description: My first attempt I decided I knew better than the pattern and made changes. It did not work. At all. I had to rip it all out and start over!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: September - Iron
Project Name: Polymer Clay Magnets
Project Link: Polymer Clay Magnets
Brief Description: These magnets required baking/heat
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: September - Tailor’s Chalk
Project Name: Mini Junk Journal
Project Link: Mini Junk Journal
Brief Description: this tiny junk journal required some planning out. I had to carefully measure everything and there wasn’t much margin for error.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: September Battle - Machine
Project Name: Bee Book
Project Link: Bee Book
Brief Description: I used my printer to print these images out for this tiny little journal
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: September Big Time Project (2nd for the season)
Project Name: ATCs
Project Link: Lots of ATCs
Brief Description: I tend to group my ATCs into one project. There are a lot in this batch.
Project Photo(s):
More pics in the project link

Prompt: September - Zap (3)
Project Name: Scrappy Booklets
Project Link: Scrappy Booklets
Brief Description: little booklets made from paper scraps
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: September - Zap (4)
Project Name: Washi Notecards
Project Link: Washi Notecards
Brief Description: super simple, super quick notecards
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: September - Zap (5)
Project Name: Egg Bites
Project Link: Egg Bites
Brief Description: quick, easy, and yummy
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: Aug – Shark Attack
Project Name: More masks for a coworker
Project Link: -0-
Brief Description: I made a couple masks for a co-worker and he asked for a couple more so he didn’t have to wash the three he had so often. Has anyone else been asked to make masks and then have the person tell you something about their wife or mom or someone else close to them sewing? Happens to me ALL the time. Grrr. Anyways, masks are useful everywhere now.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Aug – Tiger Shark
Team: Running w Scissors
Project Name: Fred Fox
Project Link: Fred Fox moves to town
Brief Description: Another of my felt creatures. I had him cut out for about a month, then I had the body don’t for about 2 weeks before I started the head – very slowly. Then I almost posted him without the clothes because I was over it. Ha! PS. @Kwality570 made that amazing scarf for him!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: September – Hand
Project Name: Top hat & Tutu
Project Link: Sloth Stuffie
Brief Description: I hand sewed these cute accessories for the sloth I made @storerboughtcreation in the Creature Comfort Swap. It was my first time making one of these top hats. I am going to make more!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: September –Bobbin Thread
Project Name: Sloth Stuffie
Project Link: Sloth Stuffie
Brief Description: I loved making this sloth. He came together so easy and was so fun to make. I really like how he turned out. He is made of wool felt and thread.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

I absolutely love my sloth!

2 Likes

Fred is adorable!!! :fox_face: :orange_heart:

2 Likes

Prompt: September Battle - Hand
Project Name: Torii magnet
Project Link: Magnets for Swap
Brief Description: I made this shrine gate magnet for @EriChanHime in the Magnet swap. :slight_smile: I like machine projects too, but I still mostly work by hand (except for masks… so many masks…!).
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: August - Hammerhead Shark
Project Name: Koinobori Magnet
Project Link: same as above
Brief Description: I also made this magnet for the Fridge Magnet Swap. It required scissors and a needle to make. :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: September - Seam Ripper
Project Name: Inari Magnet
Project Link: same as above
Brief Description: Another magnet swap magnet. This was my first time using FIMO in decades, and it took SO many tries!!
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

@gozer Fred is soooo dashing! I love him! And the sloth is so stinking cute! Not surprised that @storerboughtcreation loves it!

Awesome magnets, too @roler!

1 Like