CLOSED: Nerd Games - Summer 2020

Prompt: Aug – Shark Attack
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: More masks for a coworker
Project Link: -0-
Brief Description: I made a couple masks for a co-worker and he asked for a couple more so he didn’t have to wash the three he had so often. Has anyone else been asked to make masks and then have the person tell you something about their wife or mom or someone else close to them sewing? Happens to me ALL the time. Grrr. Anyways, masks are useful everywhere now.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Aug – Tiger Shark
Team: Running w Scissors
Project Name: Fred Fox
Project Link: Fred Fox moves to town
Brief Description: Another of my felt creatures. I had him cut out for about a month, then I had the body don’t for about 2 weeks before I started the head – very slowly. Then I almost posted him without the clothes because I was over it. Ha! PS. @Kwality570 made that amazing scarf for him!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: September – Hand
Project Name: Top hat & Tutu
Project Link: Sloth Stuffie
Brief Description: I hand sewed these cute accessories for the sloth I made @storerboughtcreation in the Creature Comfort Swap. It was my first time making one of these top hats. I am going to make more!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: September –Bobbin Thread
Project Name: Sloth Stuffie
Project Link: Sloth Stuffie
Brief Description: I loved making this sloth. He came together so easy and was so fun to make. I really like how he turned out. He is made of wool felt and thread.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

I absolutely love my sloth!

2 Likes

Fred is adorable!!! :fox_face: :orange_heart:

2 Likes

Prompt: September Battle - Hand
Project Name: Torii magnet
Project Link: Magnets for Swap
Brief Description: I made this shrine gate magnet for @EriChanHime in the Magnet swap. :slight_smile: I like machine projects too, but I still mostly work by hand (except for masks… so many masks…!).
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: August - Hammerhead Shark
Project Name: Koinobori Magnet
Project Link: same as above
Brief Description: I also made this magnet for the Fridge Magnet Swap. It required scissors and a needle to make. :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: September - Seam Ripper
Project Name: Inari Magnet
Project Link: same as above
Brief Description: Another magnet swap magnet. This was my first time using FIMO in decades, and it took SO many tries!!
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

@gozer Fred is soooo dashing! I love him! And the sloth is so stinking cute! Not surprised that @storerboughtcreation loves it!

Awesome magnets, too @roler!

1 Like

Prompt: September - Tailor’s Chalk
Project Name: Otter Plushie
Project Link: Otter Plushie
Brief Description: I made this otter plushie for grenouille78 in the Creature Comfort Stuffie Swap. It required printing out and tracing around an actual PATTERN. I pretty much NEVER use patterns! This is amazing!
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Adorable! :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Prompt: Research Project #2
Project Name: Victor Frog
Project Link: Victor Frog
Brief Description: I have been working on this frog for so long, but thanks to SBC’s help, I finally finished him!! More photos of him with and without his shorts (scandalous!) at the link.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

too cute!

Prompt: September Battle: Hand
Team: Palattable Art
Project Name: Hector, the 3D Cave Painting Stuffie
Brief Description: Everything on Hector was hand-sewn and most was made from recycled materials. He was inspired by a cool cave painting picture!

Project Photos:

6 Likes

Prompt: Big Time
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: Gobble til you Wobble cross stitch
Project Link: Gobble til you Wobble cross stitch
Brief Description: I stitched this up to celebrate fall. Summer is nearly over, and I can’t wait! Monkey wouldn’t let me take a photo of this without him in it. Silly cat.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range
Project Name: Plaid Pumpkins for @TheMistressT
Project Link: Pumpkins in plaid
Brief Description: I made these pumpkins for a personal swap. I love this pattern so much! :heart:
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: September - Sewing Needle
Project Name: Pumpkins for @Bunny1kenobi
Project Link: Pumpkins in plaid
Brief Description: Also made for a personal trade. The pumpkin on the right qualifies as a research project, but I’ve already used up all of my slots. I used crochet thread and a 1.3mm hook to crochet this. I love how it turned out!
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

I love them so much! The crochet cotton one is soooo cool! My daughter claimed it and it looks so good with her Halloween stuff, I couldn’t say no! :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Prompt: August – Hammerhead Shark
Project Name: Rake Wreath
Project Link: Rake Wreath
Brief Description: My last name is Rakes, so I had to make it. This project definitely required a tool, a rake, to complete. Ha! Now I need to find one more rake head for a Christmas themed one.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

That’s really neat!

1 Like

OK so I just finished this craft and I am seriously SO excited about it that I can’t wait to post, even though I know I should wait 'til daylight tomorrow so I can take better pictures. So I’ll make a standalone post for him later, but for now I just have to share! ETA: Post is posted! Sunny pictures with better light at the link! XD

Prompt: Big Time (he’d actually count as a research project, both in terms of Nerd Games rules and literally, because I had to learn so many new techniques to make him; thanks SBC!!)
Project Name: James Duck
Project Link: James Duck
Brief Description: The pattern for this handsome fellow is in “Animal Friends of Pica Pau 2,” the sequel to the book with the frog pattern in it that I used before. I just LOVE this creator’s patterns and seriously want to make ALL THE ANIMALS! I think after all these years I finally caught the crochet bug from @storeboughtcreation :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Prompt: Zap
Project Name: Teeny tiny unicorn
Project Link: Teeny tiny unicorn
Brief Description: I stitched this up in about an hour. So technically it’s not a zap, but that’s the only prompt I have left available to craft for. :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

And my fingernail to show size

6 Likes

Prompt: September - Sewing Needle
Team: Palettable Art
Project Name: star charm bracelet
Project Link:
Brief Description: not only is it made of metal, but the little stars are also pointy and a bit sharp.
Project Photo(s):
sbmfmfupfsa

Prompt: Free Range #1
Project Name: creepy doll ATC
Project Link:
Brief Description: made for the ATC swap
Project Photo(s):
2009cladfthekl

Prompt: Free Range #2
Project Name: bird ATC
Project Link:
Brief Description: Blurred because it has not been received yet.
Project Photo(s):

2009aslerfthoi

3 Likes

Prompt: Big Time #1
Project Name: Halloween towels
Project Link:
Brief Description: My DIL requested these towels a couple of months ago. It took me a while to get them done…a bit longer than expected, even, since my silhouette machine decided to go on strike midway through cutting all my stencils! :weary: But after a significant amount of fussing, things were moving along nicely again.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: Zap
Project Name: tiny umbrella
Project Link:
Brief Description: I stitched this up tonight… I need one more project to get a blackout bingo card!
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

What a cute little umbrella!
I’m totally ready for a bit of rain.

3 Likes