CLOSED: Nerd Games - Summer 2020

I have not posted a lot in the past 2-3 weeks but I have been crafting up a storm.

Prompt: July Battle - Wild Native Plantings
Team: Team Palettable Art
Project Name: An Early Art Journal
Project Link: An Early Art Journal
Brief Description: I chose the Wild Native Plantings for the July battle as I like to paint outside the lines! lol. This is one of my earlier art journals that I dug out and finished in the past couple weeks.
Project Photo(s):
project links shows a LOT more pics

Prompt: July - Flowers
Project Name: Art Journal Pages
Project Link: Art Journal Pages
Brief Description: I chose the prompt Flowers as my journal pages are really colorful.Project Photo(s):
More pics on the project link

Prompt: July - Tall grasses
Project Name: Altered Coffee Filters
Project Link: Altered Coffee Filters
Brief Description: I chose the prompt Tall grasses as these altered coffee filters are meant to tuck in journal cards/tags
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July - Clover
Project Name: A bunch of ATCs
Project Link: A bunch of ATCs
Brief Description: I chose the prompt Clover as I made quite a few of the ATCs and mini art in sets or batches.
Project Photo(s):
lots more pics in the project link
(I can’t count :slight_smile: )

Prompt: July - Shrubbery
Project Name: 2 small pouches
Project Link: 2 small pouches
Brief Description: I chose the prompt Shrubbery as the pouches are sturdy - at least I hope they are!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July - Creeping Ivy
Project Name: Crocheted Dishcloths
Project Link: Crocheted Dishcloths
Brief Description: I chose the prompt Creeping Ivy as the dishcloths used “long ropy” yarn that I winded around a crochet hook!
Project Photo(s): image

Prompt: July - Free Range
Project Name: More Foam Stamps
Project Link: More Foam Stamps
Brief Description:stamps made from fun foam
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Only took a week cause I have no life :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I need to make myself some of those fun foam stamps!

And I love all of @geekgirl‘s paper crafting stuff!

1 Like

Prompt : July - Zap
Team : Team Palettable Art
Project Name : Altered Tickets
Project Link : Altered Tickets
Brief Description : I had these random ticket blanks that I took a few minutes and decorated with whatever I happened to have out on my craft table.
Project Photo(s ):

4 Likes

I’m getting a late start joining this season, but here are a few little things I’ve managed to make so far!

Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: Red Crocheted Hangers
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description:
This set is made up of THREE hangers because that’s how many this skein of pretty red mottled yarn happened to make. This is a relaxing thing to do with my hands when I’m watching TV or video chatting with friends. Also, I’m not sure how we’re doing the bingo, but I’ve picked Card #9 (completely at random), and am using this for the “Metal” square, because I sewed the crocheted part around metal hangers.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Zap #1
Project Name: Dugtrio Sandwich Trio
Project Link: Dugtrio Sandwich Trio
Brief Description: I tried to recreate the Dugtrio sandwiches from Pokémon Café Mix. You can see the original picture I was basing it on, as well as some exciting personal news, if you follow the link! :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Research Project #1
Project Name: Masks for Charity
Project Link: ROUND 3: Craftalongs Challenge - Lettuce Help Our Communities
Brief Description: I have already spent well over 20 hours this month making more masks, and our total given away is now over 600! I’m using this for the “trees” bingo square; as you can see, there’s a cute tree fabric in the second photo below.
Project Photo(s): Here are just a few recent ones:

4 Likes

Prompt : July - Free Range
Project Name : Veggie curry
Project Link : Veggie curry
Brief Description : yummy easy veggie curry
Project Photo(s ):

3 Likes

Prompt: Clover (July)
Project Name: Substitution ATC
Project Link: Food Package ATCs
Brief Description: The base for this card comes from a 12-pack of soda. Twelve is a multiple of 3 and 4!
Project Photo(s):
20200719_172707

Prompt: Flowers (July)
Project Name: Me-Time ATC
Brief Description: This card is fairly colorful, and the stars kind of resemble petals.
Project Photo(s):
20200719_172607

Prompt: Creeping Ivy (July)
Project Name: Untitled astronaut ATC
Brief Description: The maze on the base of this card is long and thin/ropy.
Project Photo(s):
20200719_172637

2 Likes

Prompt : July - Zap (2)
Project Name : easy salsa
Project Link : Easy salsa
Brief Description : super easy and super quick salsa recipe
Project Photo(s ):

2 Likes

That is a massive amazing octopus!

2 Likes

Team: Running With Scissors
Project Name: Tidbit Trio
Project Link: n/a - I’m brand new here as of today LOL
Brief Description: A trio of boxes in which to hold various and sundry leftover tidbits from my fiber arts projects (to be used in future projects). We have Yarn & Thread, Spinning Fiber, and Fabric Scraps represented here. Designed in Silhouette Studio and made with Silhouette Cameo 4. It fits the prompt because it’s a trio!
Project Photo:

7 Likes

I’m gonna join a new team this go around!

Prompt: July: Creeping Ivy
Team: Paletteable Art
Project Name: Reusable Rainbow Recycling Bag
Brief Description: A reusable drawstring bag to hold recycling until we drop it off.
Project Photo:

Prompt: July: Shrubbery
Team: Paletteable Art
Project Name: Duck Cloth Tool Dust Covers
Brief Description: This sturdy duck cloth will keep my dh’s tools dust free! (The ones I marked “new” are the ones I made this year.)
Project Photo:

6 Likes

Welcome welcome!! So glad you’re joining us!! XD may I ask how you found us? :slight_smile:

The trio of boxes is a smart idea! Cute results, too! Welcome, @gshillitani, we’re glad you’re here!

@Lynx those are some great bags! Great fabric choice for the recycling bag- so cheerful!

3 Likes

Welcome, @gshillitani! Did you spin the yarn in your photo on your profile page? It’s gorgeous!

I did! Thanks - spinning is a lot of fun :smile:

1 Like

I followed a Pinterest link to the former site that hosted… um… this group? People who started this group? Craftster, I think, I’m not at my computer at the moment though. It was a tutorial for a powered ballwinder made out of LEGO of all things!

4 Likes

Prompt: Research Project 1
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: Apache tears blanket 1
Project Link: Apache Tears blanket with tutorial
Brief Description: This blanket took me a while to finish. I even included a tutorial for this stitch as I had a hard time finding an existing pattern that made sense to me.
Project Photo(s):

Monkey and Frankenstein are helping with quality control maybe?

Project Name: Apache tears 2
Brief Description: I had to whip up this blanket for the tutorial. I didn’t take photos of the larger blanket when I started it because I hadn’t decided to write a tutorial yet. Beast Jr, my 8 year old niece, chose the colors (which are in multiples of three like a clover). I made a blanket in the perfect size to cover her favorite piggy toy.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July - Flowers
Project Name: Apache tears 3
Brief Description: This colorful blanket was made for Grumpy Frog (Beast Jr.'s little sister). She’s two , and she started going crazy with her color choices. I decided to make her a rainbow blanket, and I think she’s happy with it? She’s also two and can be a terror, so :woman_shrugging:t2:
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Thanks!

Those are beautiful, but I am partial to the first!

2 Likes

I have never crocheted anything as large as a blanket. That always impresses me. This pattern is really neat. Also, your cat names rock. :smile:

2 Likes