CLOSED: Nerd Games - Summer 2020

Welcome welcome!! So glad you’re joining us!! XD may I ask how you found us? :slight_smile:

The trio of boxes is a smart idea! Cute results, too! Welcome, @gshillitani, we’re glad you’re here!

@Lynx those are some great bags! Great fabric choice for the recycling bag- so cheerful!

3 Likes

Welcome, @gshillitani! Did you spin the yarn in your photo on your profile page? It’s gorgeous!

I did! Thanks - spinning is a lot of fun :smile:

1 Like

I followed a Pinterest link to the former site that hosted… um… this group? People who started this group? Craftster, I think, I’m not at my computer at the moment though. It was a tutorial for a powered ballwinder made out of LEGO of all things!

4 Likes

Prompt: Research Project 1
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: Apache tears blanket 1
Project Link: Apache Tears blanket with tutorial
Brief Description: This blanket took me a while to finish. I even included a tutorial for this stitch as I had a hard time finding an existing pattern that made sense to me.
Project Photo(s):

Monkey and Frankenstein are helping with quality control maybe?

Prompt: July - Clover
Project Name: Apache tears 2
Brief Description: I had to whip up this blanket for the tutorial. I didn’t take photos of the larger blanket when I started it because I hadn’t decided to write a tutorial yet. Beast Jr, my 8 year old niece, chose the colors (which are in multiples of three like a clover). I made a blanket in the perfect size to cover her favorite piggy toy.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July - Flowers
Project Name: Apache tears 3
Brief Description: This colorful blanket was made for Grumpy Frog (Beast Jr.'s little sister). She’s two , and she started going crazy with her color choices. I decided to make her a rainbow blanket, and I think she’s happy with it? She’s also two and can be a terror, so :woman_shrugging:t2:
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Thanks!

Those are beautiful, but I am partial to the first!

2 Likes

I have never crocheted anything as large as a blanket. That always impresses me. This pattern is really neat. Also, your cat names rock. :smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to LC! :slight_smile: This is just about the best place to spend time online. :heart:

5 Likes

Prompt: July Battle: Cultivated Border
Team: Palettable Art
Project Name: Bells for New York Shells
Brief Description: In Animal Crossing, you can get fun wallpaper which is a “border” of a room. Since these shells come from another state, I am cultivating my border!
Project Photo:

4 Likes

Prompt: July - Tall Grasses
Project Name: window cat
Project Link: Window cat cross stitch
Brief Description: A window hides or screens things, especially when curtains or blinds are used. I made this because I loved the design. :heart: :cat2:
Project Photo:

8 Likes

Prompt: July: Clover
Team: Palletable Art
Project Name: Key Lime Cupcakes
Brief Description: They are very green.
Project Photo:

Prompt: July: Tall Grass
Team: Palletable Art
Project Name: Mini Air Fried Chorizo Empanadas
Brief Description: These empanadas “hide” the chorizo inside.
Project Photo:

5 Likes

Seriously going to have to find a gluten free cupcake recipe and make this happen.

3 Likes

Prompt: Research Project Number 1
Team: Paletteable Art
Project Name: Soccer Jersey Quilt
Brief Description: A commemorative quilt made lovingly of my daughter’s soccer jerseys. This is my first ever t-shirt quilt!
Project Photo:

*I have blurred out identifying logos for safety.

*(I am putting it here as Big Time because I started it last games and finished it here in summer games. Since it was such a big project and it was out of my hands at the LQS for over a month last games, I wasn’t able to finish it there. Time wise it’s definite a Research project, but since I only did the hand binding during the summer games so I wasn’t sure…if it can be a Research project, let me know.)-- edited: thanks SBC, I’ve changed to research.

5 Likes

It can totally be a research project. You just need to have worked on it for 30 minutes of the current season.

Some people (me for one!), have taken more than a year to finish a research project. I haven’t updated tracking yet, so if you’d like to change it to a research project, feel free to!

Also, super awesome job!! The quilt looks amazing!

3 Likes

Thanks!!! I changed it in my post.

1 Like

Prompt: Cultivated borders (July Battle)
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: Lady’s secretary
Project Link: Ladies Secretary
Brief Description: I made this just for ME! I put it into this category because you have to be quite precise and careful with miniatures. Tiny things have smaller margins for error. So you might say the borders are pretty cultivated!
Project Photo(s):

3 Likes

Prompt: Big Time # 1
Team: Paletteable Art
Prompt Name: Leggings to Tank Top Transformation
Brief Descripton: Over two days, I figured out how to transform a pair of leggings, a pair of jeggings, and some black cotton fabric into this tank top!
Project Photo:

6 Likes

Prompt: July - Shrubbery
Team: Knotty by Nature
Project Name: Cactus embroidery
Project Link: Cactus Embroidery
Brief Description: Cactus are scratchy, just like bushes… Well, maybe pokey is a better description. Having been stabbed by a barrel cactus, I can attest they hurt.

I made this for Mr. SBC. Cacti are one of the few things we miss from our time in Phoenix.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes