CLOSED: Nerd Games - Summer 2020

Tracking and Teams

This is where you can view the team roster and see what you’ve completed so far this season. To view your checklist, find your name under your team and click on it. You will be taken directly to your checklist.

Please don’t hesitate to message me if you see a project is missing from your checklist after the most recent tracking update is posted.

Teams

3 Likes

Prompt: July Battle - Cultivated Borders
Team: Team Bits and Bobs
Project Name: Choi Fish Tsumami-ga
Project Link: Choi Fish Tsumami-ga
Brief Description: I love water gardens, and feel like they are usually cultivated more than wild. :3 Also, fish!
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Beautiful fish, I love the way you present your work :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wow, those are GORGEOUS!

1 Like

Prompt: Wild Native Plantings (July Battle)
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: 101 Dalmatians Altered Coloring Page
Project Link: 101 Dalmatians Altered Coloring Page
Brief Description: Created as part of the challenge chain. It is surely the wildest thing I’ve ever crafted :laughing:.
Project Photo(s):
20200705_185403

4 Likes

Prompt: July - Battle - Cultivated Borders
Team: Knotty by Nature
Project Name: Hearts in a row (round?)
Project Link: Hearts in a row biscornu
Brief Description: These are in a row, like a nicely cultivated garden.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

@megwell I suppose even hyena-dogs need love, and this one looks friendly, in the hyena crazy type of way :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
@storerboughtcreation pretty biscornu, like a rose garden of hearts :heart:

1 Like

@appledainty, I really love your style! You must have a lot of patience to make all of those tiny components! How big is each fish?

@megwell, I never thought to alter a coloring book page, but I love how yours came out! Such a fun image!

@storerboughtcreation, another beautiful biscornu! I love everything about this one, right down to the red heart button- the perfect finishing touch! I hope that your finger is healing well!

1 Like

Prompt: July Clover
Team: RWS
Project Name: mini plate of cookies
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made this to go with kittykill’s tea cabinet (which is coming up…)! There are 6 cookies on the plate, a multiple of 3. I made the cookies and the plate.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July Flowers
Project Name: poison bottle tea towel
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made this for kittykill’s Swap package. It’s colorful!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July Tall Grasses
Project Name: mini tea cabinet
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made this for kittykill. I used a blade to make it. I used a blade A LOT. I’m especially proud of the drawers and door that open! I had to tweak the pattern quite a bit to make that work.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Prompt: July - creeping ivy
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: Toy dinosaur
Project Link:
Brief Description: This little dinosaur is about as tall as my thumb. He has a long rope tied around his neck so he can be dragged along behind a doll (which I will be making later)
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

@megwell
Ha, that certainly is wild, but it’s good to stretch ourselves creatively now and then, well done!

@storerboughtcreation
Love the embroidery, as always, amazingly done! And the little dino is adorable, can’t wait to see him with the doll!

@Bunny1kenobi
Oh my goodness, mini things! Love the mini things. All the mini things! So cute! The tea towl embroidery is spectacular, as well.

2 Likes

Prompt: Research Project
Team: Knotty by Nature
Project Name: Caprisun the Octopus
Project Link: Caprisun the Giant Octopus
Brief Description: This guy is MASSIVE and took me about a week to make. But I love him and am very excited about the outcome
Project Photo(s):

10 Likes

@QueenHobo OMG I LOVE HIM!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

He is awesome!! :heart:

1 Like

these are gorgeous

ha this is hilarious

you are so good at these!

I love the tea cabinet and all the minis!

Only a week? That’s impressive!

I have not posted a lot in the past 2-3 weeks but I have been crafting up a storm.

Prompt: July Battle - Wild Native Plantings
Team: Team Palettable Art
Project Name: An Early Art Journal
Project Link: An Early Art Journal
Brief Description: I chose the Wild Native Plantings for the July battle as I like to paint outside the lines! lol. This is one of my earlier art journals that I dug out and finished in the past couple weeks.
Project Photo(s):
project links shows a LOT more pics

Prompt: July - Flowers
Project Name: Art Journal Pages
Project Link: Art Journal Pages
Brief Description: I chose the prompt Flowers as my journal pages are really colorful.Project Photo(s):
More pics on the project link

Prompt: July - Tall grasses
Project Name: Altered Coffee Filters
Project Link: Altered Coffee Filters
Brief Description: I chose the prompt Tall grasses as these altered coffee filters are meant to tuck in journal cards/tags
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July - Clover
Project Name: A bunch of ATCs
Project Link: A bunch of ATCs
Brief Description: I chose the prompt Clover as I made quite a few of the ATCs and mini art in sets or batches.
Project Photo(s):
lots more pics in the project link
(I can’t count :slight_smile: )

Prompt: July - Shrubbery
Project Name: 2 small pouches
Project Link: 2 small pouches
Brief Description: I chose the prompt Shrubbery as the pouches are sturdy - at least I hope they are!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July - Creeping Ivy
Project Name: Crocheted Dishcloths
Project Link: Crocheted Dishcloths
Brief Description: I chose the prompt Creeping Ivy as the dishcloths used “long ropy” yarn that I winded around a crochet hook!
Project Photo(s): image

Prompt: July - Free Range
Project Name: More Foam Stamps
Project Link: More Foam Stamps
Brief Description:stamps made from fun foam
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Only took a week cause I have no life :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I need to make myself some of those fun foam stamps!

And I love all of @geekgirl‘s paper crafting stuff!

1 Like

Prompt : July - Zap
Team : Team Palettable Art
Project Name : Altered Tickets
Project Link : Altered Tickets
Brief Description : I had these random ticket blanks that I took a few minutes and decorated with whatever I happened to have out on my craft table.
Project Photo(s ):

4 Likes

I’m getting a late start joining this season, but here are a few little things I’ve managed to make so far!

Prompt: July - Clover
Project Name: Red Crocheted Hangers
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description:
This set is made up of THREE hangers because that’s how many this skein of pretty red mottled yarn happened to make. This is a relaxing thing to do with my hands when I’m watching TV or video chatting with friends. Also, I’m not sure how we’re doing the bingo, but I’ve picked Card #9 (completely at random), and am using this for the “Metal” square, because I sewed the crocheted part around metal hangers.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Zap #1
Project Name: Dugtrio Sandwich Trio
Project Link: Dugtrio Sandwich Trio
Brief Description: I tried to recreate the Dugtrio sandwiches from Pokémon Café Mix. You can see the original picture I was basing it on, as well as some exciting personal news, if you follow the link! :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Research Project #1
Project Name: Masks for Charity
Project Link: ROUND 3: Craftalongs Challenge - Lettuce Help Our Communities
Brief Description: I have already spent well over 20 hours this month making more masks, and our total given away is now over 600! I’m using this for the “trees” bingo square; as you can see, there’s a cute tree fabric in the second photo below.
Project Photo(s): Here are just a few recent ones:

4 Likes