CLOSED: Nerd Games - Summer 2021

Prompt: July - City Vacation
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: Ginormous Plesiosaurus
Project Link: Ginormous Plesiosaurus
Brief Description: A plesioursaur fossil can be found in any natural history museum
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Prompt: July - Battle - RV
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: camper ornament
Project Link:
Brief Description: This little RV was too cute not to make for the battle. I added a loop to the top so it can be an ornament.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Cute!

1 Like

Prompt: July Battle - Hotel
Team: Knotty by Nature
Project Name: Cardigan mending
Project Link:
Brief Description: My cardigan had a tear in it so I decided to do some embroidery mending. Qualifying this as hotel because I am living in a hotel for the next month & because the stupid hotel heating/air conditioners make the rooms too cold or too hot.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Your sweater is even better than it was! That is so adorable!

2 Likes

Prompt: July - Staycation
Project Name: Bonnie Puffin
Project Link: Bonnie Puffin
Brief Description: Bonnie will be a lovely friend around the house. :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

You know I love your big beautiful water creature! XD So cuuuute! I bet she’d be a good friend to Nessie. And excellent idea to make the RV into an ornament. It’ll be so cute on a tree!

I agree with AIMR; that looks even better than before! That little mushroom and snail scene is one of the cutest mends I’ve ever seen!! Now Really want to learn how to do that. It’s amazing!

4 Likes

Prompt: July Battle - Hotels
Team: Running With Scissors
Project Name: ATC for my hubby
Project Link: My first FAMILY ATC
Brief Description: This ATC references a time my honey stayed at a hotel in Hawaii (see link)
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Prompt: July Battle -Hotel-

Project Name: Oil Flowers

Brief Description: Been messing around with oil paints lately, attempted to make a field of wild flowers and came up with this. Dunno why but it reminds me of the kind of art you’d find on a wall in a hotel.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July -Hiking Vacation-

Project Name: Croki

Brief Description: This is the alligator Loki from the Loki series. I loved him so much I needed to have my own to cuddle!

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July -Ski Vacation-

Project Name: Neon Blankie

Brief Description: I have been meaning to make myself a blanket for the longest time and finally got around to doing it. I am in love with bright colors so this is the perfect blankie for me to cuddle up with.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July -City Vacation-

Project Name: It’s a Moose!

Brief Description: I painted this to practice making a larger version for my mom for Christmas, I really love how it turned out and can’t wait to finish the larger one on canvas.

Project Photo(s):
MooseOP

6 Likes

YAAAY! You’re back! I missed you!

That blanket— wowza! And the flower painting is so soft and pretty. Who doesn’t love Loki, right? And your moose turned out great! I don’t think I could even make a moose look like a moose…!

2 Likes

That colorful blanket is so cheerful!

I love the little garden area you stitched. It’s so cute! The ladybug is on theme, though terrifying! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Prompt: RV (July Battle)
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: It’s Behind Me ATC
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: Made for bluebird in the July ATC Swap. This situation seems more likely to happen while RVing versus staying in a hotel. (Though the guy’s outfit may be a little fancy for that…)
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

When my grandparents were alive, they used to head down to Yuma, AZ every winter in their RV. They lived in it for roughly six month of the year. I can guarantee they dressed up at least occasionally. Thankfully no monsters to contend with though! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

That’s a good point. I think I was pigeon-holing RVs as a super fancy camping option and forgetting the longer-term lifestyle option that a lot people use them as.

2 Likes

Prompt: july battle - hotel
Team: bits and bobs
Project Name: camomille soap
Project Link:
Brief Description: what do you find in the hotel room? Tiny bars of soap. Chose to use some soap base i got like 7 years ago and make some soap.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: july - staycation
Team: bits and bobs
Project Name: jeans dog toy
Project Link:
Brief Description: my dog is now 10 months and I’ve wanted to make this toy for him for 4 months out of my old and ruined jeans, at least this way the jeans has a second life and it won’t matter as much of he ruins it (we’ve spent some money on toys for him which last 5-15 min)
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

I need to post before midnight but I went to a zoo fundraiser that had a six drink ticket (with a DD!) so … this will be fun…

Prompt: July Battle - RV
Team: Bits and Bob’s
Project Name: Japanese Stab Binding Journals
Brief Description: so you want to document your RV-ing adventures? What better way than these compact, adorable journals?
Project Picture:

5 Likes

Cute journals!

your soaps look like tasty cookies! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And great idea for the dog toy. Has it lasted?

1 Like

There is a tracking update and a poll over in the discussion thread.