CLOSED - Nerd Games - Summer 2022

Summer Nerd Games 2022 Prize Event

Earn up to TWO physical awards this season by completing the following tasks:

Level 1:

Available to those who did not complete the Winter Prize Event.

• Submit at least 20 projects. As part of the 20 projects, you must submit at least 1 Research Project OR 3 Big Time Projects.

(Event previously completed by: Bunny1kenobi, gozer, LovelyMiss, roler.)

Level 2:

Available to everyone. You can complete both Level 1 and/or Level 2 this season.

• Complete the Crafter Sheet AND create a crafted (in any medium) self-portrait that represents your crafty persona. Post them in this thread anytime throughout the season. (Feel free to submit the self-portrait as a prompt/completed project, too!)
  • Claim Community Bonus Points on at least FIVE completed projects.
  • Comment on at least 10 projects in this thread anytime throughout the season.

Once you have completed the prize requirements, send the below submission form to LovelyMiss via private message.

Prizes will be sent after the season ends.

Prize Event Submission Form

I am claiming: Level 1/Level 2/Both

I attest that I have completed the requirements for the Summer Nerd Games 2022 Prize Event(s) I am claiming: Yes/No

My name and mailing address (as it should be formatted for sending, including country) are:

How would you like your name to appear on the prize? Options: Username, First Name, First Name+Last Initial.

3 Likes

Ooh! I get to post first!

Prompt: July - Battle - talk to Ambrose
Team: Berserker Barbarian
Project Name: rainbow painted mess
Project Link:
Brief Description: I chose to speak with Ambrose the painter. I spent the last hour painting with my nieces. I got this press board unicorn from the Dollar Tree over a year ago, and I finally did something with it. I am not a painter, as you can probably tell. But I finished this, and Grumpy Frog claimed it. It’s particularly fitting since she told me she loves me more than unicorns today. And she LOVES unicorns. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Just your nieces?! I see how you are :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Prompt: July - Peter - Link in the Chain
Team: Wizard
Project Name: Monster High re-bodies & outfits
Project Link: (Paste the link to your community post for the bonus points) *
Brief Description: I re-bodied these two dolls from one doll and made them silvery outfits to wear!
**Project Photo(s):

Before pic

And action shot with Tobi. Lol!

4 Likes

Prompt: Talk to Naomi - Too Many Cooks
Team: Wizened Wizards
Project Name: Queen of the Night Hanagushi
Project Link: https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/queen-of-the-night-hanagushi/
Brief Description: This is a hanagushi (floral comb) featuring a large white Queen of the Night flower, purple clematis, shimmery pampas grass, and a firefly. :slight_smile: The pampas grass is made of silver wire, and of course the comb can be worn - although I would say it is probably more for display haha. I use an iron (heat) to activate the holographic film in my insect wings. It makes the different colors in the film stand out more. Also, the UV gets ‘cooked’ under a uv light - sometimes I put the light in a reflective oven (a box lined with shiny tinfoil) to ensure even setting.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: July Battle - Talk to Naomi
Project Name: Cherry Blossom & Butterfly Ear Cuff III
Project Link: Fanciful Ear Cuffs
Brief Description: This ear cuff features a large butterfly wing and quite a few cherry blossoms. :slight_smile: My Mom’s name is Noemi (the spanish variant of Naomi) and she loves butterflies - collects them even - so I thought I would choose Naomi to talk to.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: Talk to Naomi - Two are Better Than One
Project Name: Bellflower and Dragonfly Ear Cuff II
Project Link: Fanciful Ear Cuffs
Brief Description: This ear cuff is made from carefully folded and glued squares of silk, and features purple Chinese bellflowers, and a hovering dragonfly. :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Those are beautiful @appledainty

Prompt: Research Project
Team: Nurturing Druid
Project Name: Crochet Pocket Shawl
Project Link: Crochet Pocket Shawl
Brief Description: I’m still crocheting everyday! I finished this pocket shawl. Despite my newbie troubles, I think it still turned out really cute. First time using several new stitches, and sewing on pockets, and actually reading a pattern. I think it was probably around 30 hours, but I wasn’t really keep track after the first 20. :laughing: There’s a little more info in the link.

Project Photo(s):

3 Likes

Welcome back, @appledainty! As always, your jewelry is gorgeous. This is all resin work and silk?

I am impressed with your shawl, @LovelyMiss! What gorgeous work. Making clothing garments can be hard to do since gauge is important. You did amazing!

2 Likes

Prompt: Three wee Things
Team: Wizards
Project Name: Fabric Design
Project Link: -0- (I will link this later when the fabric is used and notify you)
Brief Description: I wanted to work on customizing some dolls but the clothes were boring. I realized I needed some patterns. I decided to design my own. It was harder than I thought! It took me several hours to make these. I need to remake the center one as it didn’t turn out the way I wanted, but I needed a break. I can draw by hand but on the computer is frustrating!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Magic Photograph
Team: Wizards
Project Name: Lilies artwork
Project Link: Lily Mounted Art
Brief Description: I used a photo as a reference for this.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

@LovelyMiss Your shawl is lovely and that was a huge project to take on for a newbie! You should be proud!

2 Likes

@storerboughtcreation Yes, resin and silk. :smiley: I like using holographic film as well.

1 Like

Prompt: Talk to Naomi - It’s Cut and Paste
Project Name: Butterfly Obidome
Project Link: Butterfly Obidome
Brief Description: I wanted to create a new obidome for an art show/convention I attended and had some art pieces in. I’ve always been a fan of the butterfly motif, and I’d never made one a big tsumami zaiku butterfly before. Most of my insects have resin wings instead.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: July -Battle- Talk to Ambrose the Gnome Sorcerer Painter
Team: Team Nurturing Druid
Project Name: Love is Love
Brief Description: Painted with SBC and my spawn, really like how it turned out and have it hanging on my front door now.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

I had fun painting with you and the girls. This looks great and is so colorful on your door. My eye is drawn to it when I visit as I pull into the driveway

2 Likes

Prompt: July – Talk to Peter
Team: Wizard
Project Name: Bride of Frank Mounted Art
Project Link: Bride of Frankenstein Mounted Artwork
Brief Description: I used a photo as a reference for this piece.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

She looks like she might lean out of the piece. I love this! You’re so talented :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Prompt: Research Project
Team: Berserker Barbarian
Project Name: mosaic blanket
Project Link:
Brief Description: this pattern hasn’t been released yet, but I finished this test pattern last night. I will make a community post once the pattern is released :heart:
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Oh. My. Goodness. That is insane! Absolutely insane! It looks like so much work and it turned out wonderfully!

1 Like