CLOSED - Nerd Games - Summer 2022

Prompt: July - Peter - Link in the Chain
Team: Wizard
Project Name: Monster High re-bodies & outfits
Project Link: (Paste the link to your community post for the bonus points) *
Brief Description: I re-bodied these two dolls from one doll and made them silvery outfits to wear!
**Project Photo(s):

Before pic

And action shot with Tobi. Lol!

4 Likes

Prompt: Talk to Naomi - Too Many Cooks
Team: Wizened Wizards
Project Name: Queen of the Night Hanagushi
Project Link: https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/queen-of-the-night-hanagushi/
Brief Description: This is a hanagushi (floral comb) featuring a large white Queen of the Night flower, purple clematis, shimmery pampas grass, and a firefly. :slight_smile: The pampas grass is made of silver wire, and of course the comb can be worn - although I would say it is probably more for display haha. I use an iron (heat) to activate the holographic film in my insect wings. It makes the different colors in the film stand out more. Also, the UV gets ‘cooked’ under a uv light - sometimes I put the light in a reflective oven (a box lined with shiny tinfoil) to ensure even setting.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: July Battle - Talk to Naomi
Project Name: Cherry Blossom & Butterfly Ear Cuff III
Project Link: Fanciful Ear Cuffs
Brief Description: This ear cuff features a large butterfly wing and quite a few cherry blossoms. :slight_smile: My Mom’s name is Noemi (the spanish variant of Naomi) and she loves butterflies - collects them even - so I thought I would choose Naomi to talk to.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: Talk to Naomi - Two are Better Than One
Project Name: Bellflower and Dragonfly Ear Cuff II
Project Link: Fanciful Ear Cuffs
Brief Description: This ear cuff is made from carefully folded and glued squares of silk, and features purple Chinese bellflowers, and a hovering dragonfly. :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Those are beautiful @appledainty

Prompt: Research Project
Team: Nurturing Druid
Project Name: Crochet Pocket Shawl
Project Link: Crochet Pocket Shawl
Brief Description: I’m still crocheting everyday! I finished this pocket shawl. Despite my newbie troubles, I think it still turned out really cute. First time using several new stitches, and sewing on pockets, and actually reading a pattern. I think it was probably around 30 hours, but I wasn’t really keep track after the first 20. :laughing: There’s a little more info in the link.

Project Photo(s):

3 Likes

Welcome back, @appledainty! As always, your jewelry is gorgeous. This is all resin work and silk?

I am impressed with your shawl, @LovelyMiss! What gorgeous work. Making clothing garments can be hard to do since gauge is important. You did amazing!

2 Likes

Prompt: Three wee Things
Team: Wizards
Project Name: Fabric Design
Project Link: -0- (I will link this later when the fabric is used and notify you)
Brief Description: I wanted to work on customizing some dolls but the clothes were boring. I realized I needed some patterns. I decided to design my own. It was harder than I thought! It took me several hours to make these. I need to remake the center one as it didn’t turn out the way I wanted, but I needed a break. I can draw by hand but on the computer is frustrating!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Magic Photograph
Team: Wizards
Project Name: Lilies artwork
Project Link: Lily Mounted Art
Brief Description: I used a photo as a reference for this.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

@LovelyMiss Your shawl is lovely and that was a huge project to take on for a newbie! You should be proud!

2 Likes

@storerboughtcreation Yes, resin and silk. :smiley: I like using holographic film as well.

1 Like

Prompt: Talk to Naomi - It’s Cut and Paste
Project Name: Butterfly Obidome
Project Link: Butterfly Obidome
Brief Description: I wanted to create a new obidome for an art show/convention I attended and had some art pieces in. I’ve always been a fan of the butterfly motif, and I’d never made one a big tsumami zaiku butterfly before. Most of my insects have resin wings instead.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: July -Battle- Talk to Ambrose the Gnome Sorcerer Painter
Team: Team Nurturing Druid
Project Name: Love is Love
Brief Description: Painted with SBC and my spawn, really like how it turned out and have it hanging on my front door now.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

I had fun painting with you and the girls. This looks great and is so colorful on your door. My eye is drawn to it when I visit as I pull into the driveway

2 Likes

Prompt: July – Talk to Peter
Team: Wizard
Project Name: Bride of Frank Mounted Art
Project Link: Bride of Frankenstein Mounted Artwork
Brief Description: I used a photo as a reference for this piece.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

She looks like she might lean out of the piece. I love this! You’re so talented :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Prompt: Research Project
Team: Berserker Barbarian
Project Name: mosaic blanket
Project Link:
Brief Description: this pattern hasn’t been released yet, but I finished this test pattern last night. I will make a community post once the pattern is released :heart:
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Oh. My. Goodness. That is insane! Absolutely insane! It looks like so much work and it turned out wonderfully!

1 Like

Aww, shucks. Thanks :smiling_face:

2 Likes

The colors you picked are fantastic too. Its hard to coorinate that many colors. Its amazing.

2 Likes

Prompt: July Battle - talk to Naomi
Team: Team Berserker Barbarian
Project Name: Parappa the Rapper ATC
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made this ATC for a coworker. Lately all this papercraft has been making me really want to get back into scrapbooking, but it’s SUCH a huge time commitment!
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes