CLOSED - Nerd Games - Summer 2022

Prompt: July – Talk to Peter
Team: Wizard
Project Name: Bride of Frank Mounted Art
Project Link: Bride of Frankenstein Mounted Artwork
Brief Description: I used a photo as a reference for this piece.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

She looks like she might lean out of the piece. I love this! You’re so talented :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Prompt: Research Project
Team: Berserker Barbarian
Project Name: mosaic blanket
Project Link:
Brief Description: this pattern hasn’t been released yet, but I finished this test pattern last night. I will make a community post once the pattern is released :heart:
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Oh. My. Goodness. That is insane! Absolutely insane! It looks like so much work and it turned out wonderfully!

1 Like

Aww, shucks. Thanks :smiling_face:

2 Likes

The colors you picked are fantastic too. Its hard to coorinate that many colors. Its amazing.

2 Likes

Prompt: July Battle - talk to Naomi
Team: Team Berserker Barbarian
Project Name: Parappa the Rapper ATC
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made this ATC for a coworker. Lately all this papercraft has been making me really want to get back into scrapbooking, but it’s SUCH a huge time commitment!
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Prompt: Free Range 1
Team: Wizened Wizards
Project Name: Fancy Goldfish Fish Bowl Clutch
Project Link: Fancy Goldfish Fish Bowl Clutch
Brief Description: My second Fish Bowl clutch, this time featuring a fancy goldfish. :smiley:
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

After a bit of a debate, and even though my logic dictated I needed to talk to Peter, my crafting/prompt needs has dictated I will talk to Naomi. :laughing:

Prompt: July - A Stitch in Time
Team: Nurturing Druid
Project Name: Bird.
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: We had a little painting day at my mom’s for my grandma’s bday. We all painted birds. It was way harder than I expected, so I added a word bubble to fully capture my experience. We followed a painting video by ArtSherpa on YouTube.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July - Too Many Cooks
Project Name: Sausage and Cabbage
Brief Description: We had some cabbage from our CSA that needed to get used, so I tapped into those German roots and made this, sausage with cabbage and onions, which was quite delicious.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July - It’s Cut and Paste
Project Name: Burgers
Brief Description: These had a lot of components to assemble - burgers on toasted buns, with sauteed onions and mushrooms, block cheddar slices, spicy pickles, mustard, ketchup, and mayo. They were a beast to eat, but delicious! Clearly, I served them with carrots. :upside_down_face:

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July - By Hood or by Crook
Project Name: Pasta
Brief Description: Another creation born from our CSA. I got to use fresh, organic, and local tomatoes, onions, basil, and beef to make a tasty sauce for spaghetti.

Project Photo(s):

spaghetti - Copy

Prompt: July - Two are Better than One
Project Name: Churros x2
Brief Description: I wanted to try making churros, as they’re probably my favorite dessert. The first batch was a total fail. The oil was too hot, and while they looked good on the outside, they were very raw. I covered them in all of the cinnamon and sugar for more fail. :stuck_out_tongue: I was determined, and tried another batch the next day. They turned out great!

Project Photo(s):

3 Likes

Prompt: Big Time 1
Team: Wizened Wizards
Project Name: Cherry Blossoms on the Wind Hair Fork
Project Link: Cherry Blossoms on the Wind Hair Fork
Brief Description: One large chrysanthemum, cherry blossoms, a nice butterfly and some swirly wind all on a hair fork.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

So many awesome and beautiful things posted! I have not been as active here as I should be. Someone send me a nastygram if I’m remiss next month, please!

…and of course I have a craft dump…

Prompt: July Battle – Talk to Peter
Project Name: Lord of the Rings coasters
Project Link: LOTR coasters
Brief Description: One of these is a dragon, like Peter.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July – ballad of the dropped stitch
Project Name: Cupcake TM patch
Project Link: Cutesie lil cupcake
Brief Description: This has plenty of stitches!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July – Once Upon a Painting
Project Name: Miniature bed
Project Link:
Brief Description: It’s blue.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July – Link in the Chain
Project Name: Leather earrings
Project Link: Leather earrings- first try
Brief Description: These have metal, links, silver and can be worn.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July – Three Wee Things
Project Name: Tiny bench
Project Link:
Brief Description: This has a trio of books, it’s small, it’s cute. One of the books is even pink!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July – Magic photograph
Project Name: Dynamite with a Laser Beam - ATC
Project Link:
Brief Description: I used a photograph to help me with the placement of the guy who’s about to lose his head! And the way the Queen’s arm is held as well.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Oooh, Adventure!
I was planning a summer of adventure, but it’s so hot outside and the sea is full of jellyfish. At least we can craft :slight_smile:

Prompt: July - Talk to Ambrose
Project Name: Some cards while we wait
Project Link: Some cards while we wait
Brief Description:
While I can’t do landscapes like Ambrose does (yet?), these cards are painted, and one is even landscape-ish, so there is hope for me yet :smile:
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Prompt: July Battle - Talk to Naomi
Project Name: Marbled Paper
Brief Description: I picked up a marbling kit on clearance and decided to try it out. I did a few pieces of watercolor paper and made a mess, lol! I’ll definitely be trying again. I think they’ll still make nice backgrounds for journal pages, cards, or collages. Sorry the lighting was very weird, those are accurate colors, though.

Project Photo(s):

marbled paper - Copy

4 Likes

Prompt: July Battle-Talk to Ambrose the Gnome Sorcerer Painter

Project Name: Summer Watercolor Triptych

Project Link:

Brief Description: Since I’m on vacation within sight of the beach, a bit of summer watercolor seemed in order. Painting is definitely something I need to get better at, but I’ll never get better if I never pick up the brush!

Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

The most frustrating part is that I am also testing this pattern and started BEFORE SBC, yet she still finished way before I did :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Sorry I’ve been absent, but my last class is OVER finally and I hope I can get back to more crafting. Unfortunately, I’m coming down with something so I’m going to post my battle tonight and hopefully a good night’s sleep will revive me and I can get all the new prompts posted tomorrow and send out the clues. Sorry for the delay, but I just have no energy today…

Prompt: July Battle: Talk to Ambrose the Gnome Sorcerer Painter
Project Name: Paw Print Art
Brief Description: I have a ton of crayons I need to use up somehow, so I’ve been watching crayon art videos on YT trying out different ideas. This is a melted crayon background (I covered the paw print area with tape I cut into the right shape) with an acrylic paint paw print with gel pen outline. I’m not sure this is the solution to my crayon hoard, but I do like the way it turned out.
Project Photo(s):
Paw Print Art

4 Likes

I hope you are feeling better tomorrow and you get that good nights sleep tonight. Sleep is good.

@QueenHobo, You’re going to school and have two crazy kids at home that keep you busy.

2 Likes

Great work so far everyone! I think I’m going to sit this season out, but I’ll still be poking around the thread and cheering from the sidelines.

4 Likes

August prompts are posted, hopefully it’s clear, I will get a picture up and the clues out later this week, but my brain is tired now and I’m ready to go to bed… happy crafting!

3 Likes

Going Forward…

Can everyone please be sure they include the person they are talking to when posting their prompts? I also need to know which path you choose. For example:

Prompt: August - Bridge - Aimee - Cut to the Chase.

Prompt: August - Meadow - Aimee - Printing the Pattern

I only need to know which pathway you choose for your first post for August so I can be sure I copy and paste the correct prompts onto your checklist. Thank you, everyone! And thank you, @Smeddley for making such a fun story :hearts:

2 Likes