Nerd Games - Summer 2022

She crochets so incredibly fast! I don’t know how you (or anyone) could keep up :smile:

2 Likes

Prompt: Talk to Ambrose - Forest - Talk to Wendy (August)- Prompt = LogCabin

Team: Team Berserker Barbarian

Project Name: Summer Sandcastle

Project Link: Summer Sandcastle

Brief Description: I have been in NC visiting friends for a week, and thought I needed a beach-themed craft to work on while they were at work. I picked out a light brown yarn. It’s made from 7 pieces that get stitched together. It stands around 4" tall and wide (not including the flag).

Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

This is my kind of sand castle! I always hate that all of my hard work gets washed away. I love this! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks! I was afraid to put it too close to the water when I took the pictures- I didn’t want a wave to hit it!

1 Like

So cute!!

Prompt: Research Project
Team: Berserker Barbarian
Project Name: Scandi Birds mosaic crochet
Project Link: Scandi birds mosaic blanket
Brief Description: I finished this a little bit ago, and the pattern was released today, so I can finally share it here. :hearts:
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

So pretty! You are SO FAST!

1 Like

Last night @QueenHobo came over and we crocheted together after spending the day at a lake. She set a timer for one minute, and we worked a row of single crochets until the timer beeped. At the end of that 60 seconds, QueenHobo had worked 20 stitches and I had worked 35. So apparently I do crochet a bit faster. But if you go to YouTube and search for the world’s fastest crocheter, I have nothing on that lady. She is crazy fast.

3 Likes

I’ve seen that video! She IS crazy fast!!

1 Like

Prompt: July - Ambrose - The Great Graphite Gripes
Team: berserker Barbarian
Project Name: hair cutter bag
Project Link:
Brief Description: my dad got a hair and beard trimmer today, but no bag was included. He was able to move his new beard trimmer into the bag his old trimmer was in, but he had nothing for the hair trimmer and guides/combs that come with it. I crocheted a bag with some black yarn @QueenHobo let me use while at her house. He wanted me to be sure I show off his new trimmer.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

That’s a pretty cool trimmer! And how lucky is he to have a daughter who can whip up a quick bag for all of the accoutrements!

2 Likes

OKAY! I think I’ve sent out all the clues for July, I know I missed a few out that have been posted but they’ll be in the next round. If you think something is off or wrong, please do not hesitate to contact me. I’d say I’m a bit fuzzy because this is my third week of wicked allergies and just feeling so stuffy, but I think we all know I’m a bit flighty and irresponsible at the best of times, so that’s no excuse!

2 Likes

Prompt: July Prompt - Naomi - A Stitch in Time
Team: Wizened Wizards
Project Name: Floral Skull Rocking Chair
Project Link: Floral Skull Rocking Chair
Brief Description: I refinished this vintage bentwood rocking chair, and reupholstered it with blue and white striped linen. Also, created the skull embroidery on the seat back. :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

1 Like