CLOSED: Nerd Games - Winter 2020

I love deviled eggs. I hate cooking. I’m hungry, and these sound perfect for dinner tonight. Paired with a turkey ham and some scalloped potatoes. Mmmmmm.

2 Likes

Prompt: January - Diet/Exercise
Team: Palettable Art
Project Name: Sourdough bagels
Project Link:
Brief Description: I used my sourdough starter to make some bagels. This is my second bagel attempt,. They are kinda misshapen but they have the right texture this time. I used sauteed onions and garlic in the dough and topped with sesame seeds.**

5 Likes

Prompt: January – Resolution
Team: RwS
Project Name: Golden Kiss Clasp Coin Purse
Project Link: Kiss Clasp Coin Purses
Brief Description: This may feel like Status Quo since I am posting of these pouches, but it’s Resolution because my resolution was to sew and craft more. I took a year hiatus on sewing in 2019.
Project Photo(s): Photo with De-Stress below

Prompt: January – De-Stress
Project Name: Lettuce Kiss Clasp Coin Purse
Brief Description: Sewing in general relaxes me and gives me a great sense of accomplishment. I love making things! The Lettuce coin purse will be a Raffle Prize. I plan to fill it with trinkets and offer it up.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: January – Save Money
Project Name: Kiss Clasp Coin Purses
Brief Description: My friend requested the black and dots coin purse for her birthday . All made from fabric out of my scrap bin. I have had the kiss clasps in my stash since April 2019 saying I was going to make them.
Project Photo(s):

and all of them together!

@storerboughtcreation, I updated my first pouch (Jan. Learn a new skill - Swan Kiss Clasp) to add the link, Sorry, I was so excited just to post up in the Games. I will wait from now on. Sorry and thank you so much for keeping our scores!

7 Likes

Stopping in quickly before I completely miss January…

Prompt: January Battle: Status Quo

Team: Palettable Art

Project Name: Simple Tea Bowls

Project Link:

Brief Description: Keepin up with my usual activities of repetitive practice, I’ve been thinking a lot about chawan (tea bowls). These are smaller and simple, and nothing new (except for playing around with some different glazes).

Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Mmm I’m either making or acquiring a sourdough starter soon, now I will have bagels on the mind!

@gozer so fun to see all the pouches together! I’m definitely putting some raffle tickets in to with the lettuce one. :green_heart:

They are gorgeous! I just love when glaze gets that drippy, paint-poury look.

1 Like

Prompt: January Battle - Resolutions
Team: :running_woman:t3::scissors:
Project Name: Lemon slice collage
Project Link: Lemon slice - playing with collage
Brief Description: This year I want to be more mindful of my home environment - part of that is cleaning and organizing, and part is decorating in a way that lets me enjoy moving from room to room. This piece is for the bathroom that had no art on the walls.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Prompt: Research Project #1
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: eel biscornu
Project Link: Eel Biscornu
Brief Description: This is a biscornu for @roler. I’m pretty sure she’s going to use it as a pincushion when she gets it. :slight_smile: More photos, including the pattern, are in the project link. Including design time and stitching, this one took me probably close to 25 hours to complete. I had so much fun making it!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Big Time
Project Name: Hummingbird Biscornu
Project Link: Hummingbird Biscornu
Brief Description: This was certainly a joy to stitch up. There are a few more photos and a description in the project link. Since I didn’t design this one, it stitched up faster. This one took me about 16 hours from start to finish. I’m going to have to design a sloth one for myself!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: January - De-Stress
Project Name: hummingbird
Project Link: Hummingbird Biscornu
Brief Description: Made for the personal swap I did with @Lynx.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Prompt:
Battle Royale Prompt - Status Quo

Team:
Team Bits and Bobs

Project Name:
Heart On My Sleeves Sweater

Project Link:
https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/heart-on-my-sleeves-sweater/2528

Brief Description:
I made some heart shaped embroidered elbow patches for a sweater to match a cute floral bear necklace I got for Christmas. :slight_smile: It’s not a project that I had originally planned to do, and isn’t advancing my to-do list, so it’s less resolution and more keeping my in the status quo of being behind and procrastinating. LOL

Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Hi @appledainty, and welcome back to the Games! It’s lovely to see you around again, and what a nice way to start off here. Those patches are so cute! You used an embroidery machine to make these? I don’t have one of those, but I’m thinking I need one. Then I can make a million sloths and slothify everything I own. I need a sweater with sloth patches on the elbows. NEED! :heart:

2 Likes

Prompt:
De-Stress

Team:
Team Bits and Bobs

Project Name:
Bellflower and Butterfly Ear Cuff

Project Link:
https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/bellflower-and-butterfly-ear-cuff/2529

Brief Description:
This ear cuff features a resin butterfly and silk tsumami craft bellflowers and trailing petals. I thought the shidare (strings of petals) were going to make me crazy like they normally do. They actually weren’t that bad. But, the string binding was just as annoying as I thought it would be.

Project Photo(s):

9 Likes

Nothing so fancy as an embroidery machine. All hand embroidery. :3 I worked on them slowly over about a week and a half.

2 Likes

It makes me so happy to see so many new projects and members. For real you guys, you are all super awesome and amazing!

Just wanted to give another reminder that we’re getting near the end of January, and the January battle is time sensitive. The monthly battles are the only prompts that are. Well, I suppose all of them are time sensitive in that the season closes on the last day of March, but you know what I mean. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I also wanted to say that I’m happy so many people have already submitted a battle prompt. We have 17 active players, and 10 people have already completed the battle. Last year, we had 16 active players for the entire year, and the most battle projects submitted for any one month was 8. The lowest month was only 1 battle project submitted. The average was only 3 per month. I’m glad to see the average going up, because it makes the battle results so much more fun! :slight_smile:

Thanks again, @Smeddley for making such a fun first month of prompts for us to craft for. I’m excited for February to start to see what you come up with!

4 Likes

What?! All by hand! You’re obviously an embroidery wizard! :metal:t2:

1 Like

Prompt: Research Project #2
Project Name: Unicorn Biscornu
Project Link: Unicorn Biscornu
Brief Description: I’m not sure how long this one took me. Probably over 30 hours. I absolutely love it. For a fuller description and a few more photos, please visit the project link :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

@storerboughtcreation you are the biscornnu making queen!!

@appledainty I am in awe that your embroidery is all by hand! Your ear cuff is gorgeous!

1 Like

Prompt: January -Travel-
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: A Shawl for Aunt Steph
Brief Description: My uncle recently passed away so I made this for my aunt. It’s going to have to travel all the way from South Carolina to Washington state.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Wow, that shawl is stunning!!

Prompt: January - Learn a new skill
Team: RWS
Project Name: garage sale notecards
Project Link: Notecards for garage sale
Brief Description I made these for the Craft Stars Garage sale. I used rub-ons for the typography. I have been making notecards at work for a while now, so this would be me going back to an old favorite. :grin:
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

I like this. It’s so bright and cheery.

Wow. Seriously impressive

This is gorgeous.

3 Likes

Prompt: Destress
Team: Running with scissors
Project Name: Glowing Mushroom Demon
Project Link: [Glowing Mushroom Demon]
(Glowing Mushroom Demon)
Brief Description: paper crafting and ATCs is my favorite craft to do and a great way to de-stress for me.

4 Likes

Ooh! This is fun! And I just got a KISS song in my head. Maybe his specialty is ear worm demon? I love this so much! :heart: