CLOSED: Nerd Games - Winter 2020

Prompt: March - Battle - Netflix
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: Maccha’s tutu
Project Link:
Brief Description: years ago, I crocheted Maccha for @roler. She brought her along on her Arizona trip, and asked for some outfits. I decided she needed a tutu. I didn’t watch Netflix while making this one, but I did watch a YouTube video to figure out how to use the ribbon yarn I scored at Goodwill.
Project Photo(s):*

8 Likes

Prompt: Big Time Project
Team: Running with scissors
Project Name: A Completed Art Journal
Project Link: A Completed Art Journal
Brief Description: An art journal I have been working on since January.

A sample of pages

6 Likes

Prompt: Zap
Project Name: Mini Book from Tag
Project Link: Mini Book from Tag
Brief Description: A mini mixed media art booklet made from a tag cut off a tote bag

5 Likes

Prompt: March - Mascots
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: Cheetoh the Garden Eel
Project Link:

Brief Description: SBC taught me how to crochet!! Squee! So of course I had to make a garden eel! XD Meet Cheetoh!
Project Photo(s):

8 Likes

Prompt: March - Bracketology
Team: Running with Scissors

Project Name: Scrapbook Card
Project Link: -0-

Brief Description: I went to a Make & Take scrapbooking event with my Mom the other weekend. The first project we made was a card. The event was okay. The lady was new so it wasn’t very organized, but it was fun to do something with my Mom. The card incorporated lots of strong horizontal & diagonal lines.
Project Photo(s):

Team: Running with Scissors

Project Name: Scrapbook Page
Project Link: -0-

Brief Description: At the same event we made a quickie scrapbook page.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Prompt: Research Project

Team: Team Bits and Bobs

Project Name: Suitcase to Coffee Table Conversion

Project Link: https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/d-f-2020-q1-contest-entry-suitcase-to-coffee-table-conversion/3638

Brief Description: We needed a coffee table, and my husband doesn’t like spending money. XD So I turned this old vintage suitcase into a coffee table with some fabric, glue, wooden legs, gold leaf, paint, lace ribbon, and lots of love.

Project Photo(s):

10 Likes

I love this! I just introduced @roler to Flea Market Flip, and your research project would have fit in well on that show :heart:

2 Likes

[quote=“Smeddley, post:2, topic:295”]
Prompt: chips and dip 2 that work together
**Team: knotty by nature
Project Name: Berniece socks
Project Link: (Paste the link to your community post for the bonus points)
Brief Description: a pair of fingering weight socks
**Project Photo

6 Likes

Prompt: Big Time

Project Name: Princess Hissabelle’s New Throne

Project Link: Princess Hissabelle's New Throne

Brief Description: I turned another (smaller) suitcase into a new bed for my cat. Fancy bed for fancy cat. XD

Project Photo(s):

11 Likes

Prompt: March Theme - Bracketology

Project Name: Valiant Effort: No Pixel Edition, Episode 4 Fanart

Brief Description: I drew this fanart for a dungeons and dragons campaign that I watch on Twitch (dunrunnin12 on twitch if anyone is interested; airs every Wednesday). It features many lines made with multiliner pens, and lots of cute animals that the druid, Uwhu, summoned.

Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Prompt: January - Diet/Exercise
Project Name: yummy calzone
Project Link:
Brief Description: I rarely cook, so it’s kind of an occasion when I do. I made this calzone while @roler was visiting. I used a pre-made dough ball, we made a cooking cream for a sauce base, mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, a diced tomato, chicken, and cashews inside. I put a few slices of provolone on the top along with some shredded Italian blend cheese, and baked it for about 25 minutes. It was devoured by the three of us eating it. And now I’m drooling and I want to make another one. Mmmmmmm :drooling_face:
Project Photo(s):

3 Likes

Project Name: quick little collage
Project Link:
Brief Description: While @roler was visiting, I got to be a tourist in my own town and saw many places I’d never been to before. I want to make a few scrapbook pages with photos from her visit, but for now I made this quick collage.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

this is awesome! My cats would love something like this.

this looks great.

@roler – Your owl TM patch is adorable. Where ever did you find that fabric? Nicely done baby sweater. Looks like Katsuyuki was ready for his trip to AZ! I imagine he fit right in with his cowboy garb. You just learned to chochet and you made the eel! Wowza! Cheetoh looks amazing. I love his name too.

@storerboughtcreation – Wow, I think my eyes would have revolted and I would have gone blind working on that Daisy Cross stitch! Oh my goodness! It looks beautiful. How big is it? Maccha looks like a lovely ballerina in her new tutu. The color goes great with her shell! Your calzone is making me hungry. I would have never thought about putting cashews in one. I bet that is good. And I love seeing the pics of you and roler! When Bunny1 sent me a picture I said you look like sisters too. LOL!

@Tanath – I love those little rings! I did a beaded bracelet ONCE. It was so crazy. I can’t imagine making all these. They are fantastic. The bird is my favorite. It is so adorable!

@Lynx – Great save on Soft Kitty. Its so sad that BBT is over. I miss it still. Love the rope mirror. It’s a clever idea for the twine and looks great. I love the way you made the flowers and leaves out of twine too! The Joyful Clover hoop is awesome. I know she loved it! The background fabric was perfect too!

@craftADDchick – what a smart and delicious looking smoothie pack! Your scones looks scrumptious too. Great dishcloth. You can never have too many of those little guys around. Oooh on the moldable scrap tray. I saw that moldable interfacing years ago and forgot all about it. It looks very cool! Nice patchwork too.

@geekgirl – Your art journal is amazing! It looks like so much work. My favorite is the “Do Epic Sh!t” page. Love the colors of the mini book tag.

@appledainty – Your coffee table is very cool. I love the top fabric that you chose. Princess Hissabelle’s throne is magnificent. She is so cute and she looks like she loves the bed! It’s purr-fect for her. I love that you hung up artwork for her. This is great! I also love you artwork. I wish you woul show us more! You are incredibly talented.

@raury – Those socks are phenomenal! I love that you added a pattern to the tops. Pretty color too.

3 Likes

mmmm that calzone looks scrumptious!

2 Likes

Prompt: Research Project
Project Name: Lap Blanket
Project Link: Lap Blanket
Brief Description: lap blanket made from crocheting with 2 strands at once. I was right at 20 hours for the main body and then did 4 rows of border so maybe 24 hours total.

7 Likes

Prompt: January - Learn a New Skill
Team: :running_woman::scissors:
Project Name: First temari ball!
Project Link: Hands Around the World Temari
Brief Description: It’s fun to learn something new! I’m glad I tried this craft and plan to make many more.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: February - Songbirds
Project Name: Masterboard ATC set
Project Link: Out of Context Shakespeare: Masterboard ATCs
Brief Description: A flock of brightly colored cards!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: March - Chips and Dip
Project Name: Lizard earrings
Project Link: Back to my crafty roots: Bead lizards! 🦎 ART 2020 Q1 Challenge Entry
Brief Description: They’re a mismatched matched set, coordinating to swap eye/skin colors.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Playing catch-up in a big way: here comes a project dump!

Prompt: January de-stress

Team: running w scissors

Project Name: go-to notecards

Project Link:

Brief Description: I did a personal swap with L2L and she thought it should be small swap. So I used some embellishments I had on hand to make these simple but pretty notecards.

Project Photo:

Prompt: February songbirds

Team: RWS

Project Name: cupcake / cherry notecards

Project Link:

Brief Description: made for private swaps with Geekgirl and Pottermouth. I used coloring pages I’d previously colored (intending them for this purpose eventually) to make these. They are very bright and colorful!

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: February hawks

Project Name: Mini swap package

Project Link:

Brief Description: miniatures require good eyesight to make!

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: February waterfowl

Project Name: Mermaid notecards

Project Link:

Brief Description: also made for private swaps with Geekgirl and Pottermouth. I painted the backgrounds with watercolor, which obviously requires water— but then, so do mermaids!

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: March bracketology

Project Name: brother’s bday card

Project Link:

Brief Description: you can’t make a stick figure without lines! :wink:

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: March battle: sportsball vs NETFLIX

Project Name: steampunk notecards

Project Link:

Brief Description: also made for private swaps with Geekgirl and Pottermouth. These steampunk styles put me in mind of one of my favorite shows, Warehouse 13, which I would TOTALLY watch on Netflix if it was on there. :hugs:

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range

Project Name: Simple notecard

Project Link:

Brief Description: I sent a little package to my bestie @gozer and I made this little notecard to go along. It was simple, but fussy cutting the bouquet took some tiiiiiime.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: free range

Project Name: Anniversary card

Project Link:

Brief Description: made it for my hubby!

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: zap

Project Name: flower notecard

Project Link:

Brief Description: very simple but cute notecard

Project Photo(s):

Sorry for the sideways photos- I guess I forgot to edit some first…

6 Likes

Prompt: March Battle - Netflix
Project Name: Hanger Cover
Project Link: tba
Brief Description: My mom used to make loads of these hanger covers, which we still use all the time because they’re SO useful keeping clothes from slipping to the floor! I decided to work on one this week specifically because I thought it was something I could do while watching Netflix with my parents (and so I could use the new crochet skills somebody awesome taught me). Also, we’ve been watching tons of fashion shows lately like Next in Fashion (which I love because the contestants and judges are NICE, kinda like on GBBO), and you’d want a good hanger for your pretty clothes on those shows!
Project Photo(s):

Question: if I offered a set of say, three of these for a raffle prize in the summer, would anyone be interested?

5 Likes

Prompt: March–Basket
Project Name: I :heart: soccer (jersey) wreath
Project Link: I :heart: soccer (jersey) wreath
Brief Description: This was made with fabric twine (string) and wraps around a wreath from. The frame will eventually hold pictures.

I

5 Likes