CLOSED: Nerd Games - Winter 2020

I posted a raffle update in the discussion thread. Please be sure to check it out!

2 Likes

Oooh, those inchies are beautiful! I think I’ve only made some once, for a swap partner who requested them along with other things in the Spell My Name swap. It was really fun! Yours are making me want to try it again. Love the color combinations.

Oooh, interesting idea! I’m quite fond of sweet energy bars myself, so I’d never have even thought of making savory ones. I am intrigued!

Gaaah, that little dude is so adorable! I’m not at all surprised to hear that he was scooped up immediately! And that unicorn pattern you’ve been using is really interesting; I hadn’t really seen them made in one piece like that before. It’s a cool shape! I like the chubbiness! XD And the sparkly eye on the grey one is gorgeous.

What a wonderful way to save a precious mug! I ADORE my mug collection and would be very sad if one broke, but probably wouldn’t even think about fixing it. Very clever way of covering the cracks; it looks beautiful that way too!

3 Likes

Lynx2Lancer – Ah, it’s so weird writing that name. Ha! I will get used to it though, L2L! I adore those Lettuce notecards! I especially love that little lettuce guy. He is adorable!!! Your January stitch along was so appropriate for what we are going through. It turned out great. I love your alcohol inked backgrounds on your inchies. It is giving me ideas on how to experiment on a couple master boards!

Roler – I want to write, I like your beaver, but then I giggle like a 12 year old boy. Shame. But I do. He is so cute and I especially like how you sewed in those teeny tiny teeth! Now that is dedication! Love that it is a stash buster too. The chicken tamale pie looks scrumptious. I think the fox turned out cute! I like that he has texture.

Mountains_and_Clouds – Your energy bars looks like they would taste good. I have to tell you, the font on my computer make the word oats look like cats and I had to reread it several times. Ha! Oh my. Time for an eye check up!

Storerboughtcreations – This is so cute and I love the way he is holding the crochet hook. He has such an adorable expression. Are his ears fuzzy? And a fat unicorn! You have my heart right there! Love that it is made from stash. And how cool it is that your friend used your name for the main character! That is so sweet. Can I ask the name of the book? With a vampire unicorn? It sounds fun. I know she will be thrilled with little Sebastian! Love his eyes!

AcadianDriftwood – What a creative way of fixing the handle. I know it may not men much to some people, but if my favorite mug broke I would be devastated. I am glad you found a creative fix!

2 Likes

Prompt: January Learn a new skill
Team: Running with Scissors Yay! New teams!!!
Project Name: Swan Kiss Clasp Coin Purse
Project Link: Kiss Clasp Coin Purses
Brief Description: I haven’t sewn anything in about a year. The last sewing project I started I didn’t finish and that was in Dec. of 18. I didn’t realize that. I joined a pattern club to push myself but wanted to ease myself back in with a smaller project. I have had this pattern for a while but my clasps were about 1/2” too big. I altered the pattern some and I am glad I did. It fit perfectly! I had to use a new skill by learning how to attach the metal clasp. It required hand sewing, which I normally hate but it wasn’t so bad. I have 5 of these clasps so I am going to make a thread once I get them all done, hence the “pending” link. Pretty sure this one, or one of these in a different fabric will be my raffle prize offering.
Project Photo(s):Swan%20kiss%20clasp

12 Likes

The name of the book is Unicorns are Really Vampires by AJ Niblock.

The ears are fuzzy! I used a wire cat brush to brush the acrylic yarn some.

Prompt: De-Stress
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: Fabric Rope Wreath
Project Link:Fabric Rope Wreath
Brief description: It is very relaxing to sit, watch tv, and make fabric rope! But, once you’ve made it, you need to use it! So, ta da! A fabric rope wreath!

8 Likes

I love the colors in this. Was this made with one variegated yarn, or multiple colors? And did you use interfacing on the leaves? It turned out perfect!

Thanks! It was used with fabric rope (scrap fabrics twisted into a twine rope) so very much variegated. I did not use stabilizer, but I definitely should have.

1 Like

I did order organic so that I knew there were no pesticides being used on my skin. But honestly I have discovered that most natural products are deceptively easy to make you just need special ingredients.

1 Like

It makes me a little giddy to see all of these projects!! I have a couple to post but they are swap items, so just waiting to be received…

So many projects…
rose water??? OMGosh you are my hero!

The little kiss purse is adorable and roler’s little felties (I’ve missed seeing those), and SBC’s ami’s! Love the fuzzy koala ears!

I’m missing tons of projects I know… but trust me, they are all awesome and seeing every single one gave me a little rush… I have missed this SO MUCH! :heart:

4 Likes

We’ve missed you, @Bunny1kenobi! Welcome back. I’ve missed seeing your projects. @Inselaeffchen, that goes for you, too!

I love our nerdy group, and it makes me so happy that it’s growing. I hope we keep gaining new members. Seriously. I’m so happy right now :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Prompt Save money/eliminate debt
Team: Running with scissors
Project Name: scrappy dishcloths
Project Link: scrappy dishcloths
Brief Description:dish cloths made with random cotton yarns scraps. Completely from stash.

Since these aren’t “pretty” I won’t mind using them for really gross jobs like cat vomit and really greasy stuff instead of paper towels like I usually do.

8 Likes

Prompt: Big Time
Team: Knotty by Nature
Project Name: Sloth!!!
Project Link: Super Duper Cute Sloth
Brief Description: I altered the koala pattern a bit to make this guy. I freaking love sloths. :sloth::heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

I’m terrible about oohing and ahhing while scrolling but forgetting who posted what. So, luckily I can jump in right now and say how pretty @geekgirl’s dishclothes are. Ya know, even scrappy ones I’d have problems cleaning up cat/dog vomit because I just want to throw that all away and not wash it!

@storerboughtcreation I love the sloth! My daughter is a huge sloth fan too, and I’m jumping on that train,too. So cute!!! Well done.

2 Likes

Prompt: Zap!
Project Name: Bear-y alcohol inked card
Project Link: Bear-y alcohol inked card
Brief description: I made this for cyn-energy for the Little Good Things swap for the notecard requirement. It came straight off her pinterest, and she can frame it, too!

8 Likes

Prompt: January Eliminate debt/ save money
Team: Running With Scissors
Project Name: Bizzeebags
Project Link: Bizzeebags!

Brief Description: Made these for the kids in my Sunday School class (5 yr olds). All from stash! Go me! :grin:
Project Photo(s): image

8 Likes

Prompt: Diet/Exercise
Team: Running with scissors
Project Name: Spicy Parmesan Sweet Potatoes
Project Link: Spicy Parmesan Sweet Potatoes
Brief Description: used up some sweet potatoes by coating in oil and spices and baking.

6 Likes

Looks yummy

Prompt: Travel
Project Name: From appliqued quilt to tote bag
Project Link:From appliqued quilt to tote bag
Brief Description: An old “hand-me-down” quilt transformed into a tote bag.

7 Likes

Prompt: January Battle - Status Quo -
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: It’s Unikitty!
Brief Description: I made this for my niece. I found a graph and just worked it over sc. I’ve been crocheting so long it was nice and easy for me to whip up over a few days.
Project Picture:

11 Likes