CLOSED: Nerd Games - Winter 2020

I love the colors in this. Was this made with one variegated yarn, or multiple colors? And did you use interfacing on the leaves? It turned out perfect!

Thanks! It was used with fabric rope (scrap fabrics twisted into a twine rope) so very much variegated. I did not use stabilizer, but I definitely should have.

1 Like

I did order organic so that I knew there were no pesticides being used on my skin. But honestly I have discovered that most natural products are deceptively easy to make you just need special ingredients.

1 Like

It makes me a little giddy to see all of these projects!! I have a couple to post but they are swap items, so just waiting to be received…

So many projects…
rose water??? OMGosh you are my hero!

The little kiss purse is adorable and roler’s little felties (I’ve missed seeing those), and SBC’s ami’s! Love the fuzzy koala ears!

I’m missing tons of projects I know… but trust me, they are all awesome and seeing every single one gave me a little rush… I have missed this SO MUCH! :heart:

4 Likes

We’ve missed you, @Bunny1kenobi! Welcome back. I’ve missed seeing your projects. @Inselaeffchen, that goes for you, too!

I love our nerdy group, and it makes me so happy that it’s growing. I hope we keep gaining new members. Seriously. I’m so happy right now :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Prompt Save money/eliminate debt
Team: Running with scissors
Project Name: scrappy dishcloths
Project Link: scrappy dishcloths
Brief Description:dish cloths made with random cotton yarns scraps. Completely from stash.

Since these aren’t “pretty” I won’t mind using them for really gross jobs like cat vomit and really greasy stuff instead of paper towels like I usually do.

8 Likes

Prompt: Big Time
Team: Knotty by Nature
Project Name: Sloth!!!
Project Link: Super Duper Cute Sloth
Brief Description: I altered the koala pattern a bit to make this guy. I freaking love sloths. :sloth::heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

I’m terrible about oohing and ahhing while scrolling but forgetting who posted what. So, luckily I can jump in right now and say how pretty @geekgirl’s dishclothes are. Ya know, even scrappy ones I’d have problems cleaning up cat/dog vomit because I just want to throw that all away and not wash it!

@storerboughtcreation I love the sloth! My daughter is a huge sloth fan too, and I’m jumping on that train,too. So cute!!! Well done.

2 Likes

Prompt: Zap!
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: Bear-y alcohol inked card
Project Link: Bear-y alcohol inked card
Brief description: I made this for cyn-energy for the Little Good Things swap for the notecard requirement. It came straight off her pinterest, and she can frame it, too!

8 Likes

Prompt: January Eliminate debt/ save money
Team: Running With Scissors
Project Name: Bizzeebags
Project Link: Bizzeebags!

Brief Description: Made these for the kids in my Sunday School class (5 yr olds). All from stash! Go me! :grin:
Project Photo(s): image

8 Likes

Prompt: Diet/Exercise
Team: Running with scissors
Project Name: Spicy Parmesan Sweet Potatoes
Project Link: Spicy Parmesan Sweet Potatoes
Brief Description: used up some sweet potatoes by coating in oil and spices and baking.

6 Likes

Looks yummy

Prompt: Travel
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: From appliqued quilt to tote bag
Project Link:From appliqued quilt to tote bag
Brief Description: An old “hand-me-down” quilt transformed into a tote bag.

7 Likes

Prompt: January Battle - Status Quo -
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: It’s Unikitty!
Brief Description: I made this for my niece. I found a graph and just worked it over sc. I’ve been crocheting so long it was nice and easy for me to whip up over a few days.
Project Picture:

11 Likes

How sweet! I’m sure your niece will love it!

Prompt: January travel
Team: RWS
Project Name: reversible stash placemats
Project Link: Stash placemats
Brief Description: made for thanate in the Little Good Things swap, for use in the home. All materials (upholstery samples and cotton) are from stash.
Project Photos:

4 Likes

Prompt: January Battle- Resolutions
Team- Knotty by Nature
Project Name- Don’t be a prick towel
Link- 3 Embroidered Dish Towels
Description- My resolutions/Goals for this year are finish more, give more to family, & be nicer. I embroidered this towel for my youngest son. So I finished something, gave it to family, and it should remind us to be nicer :joy:

Prompt- January- Travel/Home
Team- Knotty by Nature
Project Name- Pizza Hunter
Link-3 Embroidered Dish Towels
Description- This towel was for my eldest son. My husband & I have been traveling between El Paso, TX & WI a lot recently, both by flying & driving. My hands need something to do. With embroidering while traveling my stitches are not as nice as I’d like, but I’m learning to embrace that.

Prompt- January- De-stress
Team- Knotty by Nature
Project Name- Throw an apple towel
Link-3 Embroidered Dish Towels
Description- I made this towel for my middle son.Embroidery has become my de-sresser. I love the perfect imperfections.

5 Likes

L2L – What a creative idea for all that fabric rope. I like how the wreath turned out and the fabric leaves on it. Your alcohol ink bear card is fantastic. It may motivate me into pulling my Silhouette back out and giving it an actual try. I think the tote is a fantastic idea for the applique quilt. Did you ever make the pillows?

Geekgirl – Awe, we are on the same team! Yay! Love your dishcloths. I bought some (not these) from you in the Garage Sale on eBay and love them . I don’t know what your talking about, but I think these are pretty! Ooh, those sweet potatoes look super yummy!

Storerboughtcreations – That was a great alter to make the sloth. Very, very cute. Love how his little body curls around the heart.

Bunny1Kenobi – Eeps and a happy dance to see you here! And we are on the same team! Yip yip!!! I was curious which team you would choose. Love your busy bags. I think they are an awesome way of getting a kid off a tablet for a little bit. The placemats are really neatly done. I am in awe of your corners. Bias tape is the death of me. Your corners are exact. I am in envy of your skills!

QueenHobo – Another RWS member! Unikitty! I love her! I can’t believe you just whipped that up. It would take me a century. It looks amazing. I’m sure she squealed with delight!

Ezrib – Awesome dish towels. Your letter is amazing and very readable. The pizza one is my favorite. LOL!

4 Likes

Prompt: January battle- resolutions
Team: RWS
Project Name: Black kitty
Project Link: Black kitty softie
Brief Description: made for the Little Good Things swap. I included some magnets that she could glue onto it in case that would be an option she’s interested in. I intend to do more crafting (and swapping) this year as one of my resolutions. Because it makes me happy, and MORE happy is MORE BETTER. (No, my resolutions have nothing to do with proper grammar this year.)
Project Photo(s):

9 Likes

Thank you. No, I haven’t made the pillows yet. I just the quilt stuff last week. I picked up fabric for the back of the pillows today and ordered pillow forms from Walmart (4) 16 in pillows for $13 total!