CLOSED: Nerd Games - Winter 2020

I will say yes to that. Not everyone made it over to MeWe for the final few weeks, but let’s try to keep it honest and say anything crafted during the last half of December (after the other site switched to archive). :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ll try to remember to add to the rules later… but if you do end up going back and adding a link to a community post for the bonus points after you’ve posted, please be sure to let me know in some way! You can tag me in that post, send me a PM to let me know… whatever works for you! I just need to be made aware so you actually get those extra points :blush:

3 Likes

Thank you @storerboughtcreation! I was busy figuring out discord, and I can only learn so many new sites at once. :grimacing:

Prompt: January - Save Money/Eliminate Debt
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: Cover/case for ereader
Project Link: Cover/case for ereader
Brief Description: In typical AD fashion, I sewed this for my stepmom 2 days before Christmas! Everything was from stash. :sunglasses:
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Prompt: January Battle - Status Quo
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: Panda Feltie
Project Link: Felt Magnets
Brief Description: Honestly, this year is gonna be ALL about new beginnings for me, but in terms of crafting, I started out the year with the status quo - making little felties, a craft I’m used to and comfortable with. I think making things like this will help me get through a turbulent time of change!
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

It’s super adorable! I think I like the deep red more than I would have the pink (and that’s saying something because pink is my favorite color!) for the cheeks :heart:

The colors on these are wonderful! They just make them look so cheerful! :slight_smile:

I’m so excited that we’re already getting new members right off the bat! So happy to have you!
I’ve never worked with herbs like that, but I have heard it can be way cheaper and just as nice as commercial cosmetics! Probably better for the environment too! Also, your rose water is just pretty. :slight_smile:

Oh my, I’ve always heard this is quite the rabbit hole!! ::laughing:: But I so admire people who paint miniatures!! I just received an amazing going-away present from my former DM, a custom-made box to hold a brand new set of metal dice, plus the four minis I’d used in his campaigns over the years, all of which he’d painted.
Your minis are SO well done!! The detail is truly amazing; I understand why it takes up a lot of time; I don’t understand how you keep your hand so steady and accurate!!

lol, is it now The Site that Must Not be Named?
Good to see you here!
That’s a beautiful e-reader case! I’m always at a loss for what to do with large prints like that, but that showcases it beautifully!

Hahaha, for those who weren’t Skyping with me while I made this guy, I was looking at a picture online for inspiration, and it had pink cheeks, but I only had deep red felt handy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
And thank you, SBC! ::grin::

2 Likes

Mountains_and_Clouds – Yarn is my nemesis but I am addicted to using them in the kitchen. You are right, they work wonderful and are better for the environment. I often trade for them or get them at craft shows. Yours are so vibrant and fun.

Tanyia – Welcome to the Games! I love the idea of the rose water. Do you just spritz it on your face? Sorry, I don’t know much about toner. I bet it smells amazing though!

Jillybeans – Hey Girl! So happy to see you here! Thirty? Did I read that right? 30?! Yikes. But yours are looking so amazing. I like that you are taking your time and doing each one up right. You’re going to have an incredible set! All that detail and such a tiny scale. My eyes are hurting just thinking about all the squinting I would be doing!

Acadian Driftwood – I love the large print of the ereader cover and the way you covered the elastic.

Roler – Awe. Sorry to hear the change is turbulent. I hope it all levels out soon. The panda is adorable, and I always love your felt work. It’s something I don’t have the patience for but adore.

3 Likes

You can, sure :+1:t2: I’m using a round cotton face pad with a little bit of raised edges on one side for a little scrubbing action. It’s a great face cleaner.

Prompt Save money/eliminate debt
Project Name: Lettuce Craft Notecards
Project Link:Lettuce Craft Notecards
Brief description: Last year my local craft store was going out of business, so I bought TONS, I mean HUNDREDS of packs of 12x12 paper. Making notecards for the ebay sale and to add to swap packages is helping LC get money and me destash my paper hoarding!

14 Likes

Prompt: Battle Royale: Status Quo
Project Name: Together We Make A Home
Project Link: January “Home” stitchalong
Brief description: The January stitchalong theme was “Home” and I found a wonderful coloring page online (activityvilliage) that I stitched up. I chose Status Quo because even though we have moved into Lettuce Craft now, we are still the same amazing family community. (I have not created it’s own post yet because I think this will end up being part of a larger project, but for the purpose of the Games, this part is complete.)

9 Likes

Prompt: January - Save Money/Eliminate Debt
Project Name: Beaver Feltie
Project Link: Felt Magnets
Brief Description: This little guy was made entirely from the very limited stash I was able to scrounge up at my parents’ house (mostly left over from the last time I was here)!
Project Photo(s):

12 Likes

I am also so impressed with your tiny, even stitching. Your beaver looks great! The face is so full of expression :heart:

1 Like

Thanks, SBC! The tiny stitching is probably part of why I am so slooooow. I do like his little face though! :slight_smile:

Prompt: January - Diet/Exercise
Project Name: Chicken Tamale Pie
Project Link: Chicken Tamale Pie
Brief Description: I made this from a recipe I found on pinterest (linked from my community post), and it was SO GOOD.
Project Photo(s):

9 Likes

Those cards are DARLING!! And hooray for helping fund LC! :slight_smile:
Oh, that Home embroidery is so perfect for our community! Love the flower and leaf motifs too! Very well stitched!

Also, I just realized you are the former BBM! Hi!

2 Likes

So stinking cute! Those teeth!
Your stitches are so neat and tiny.

1 Like

that looks so yummy!

1 Like

Thanks! It really was! I’ve been having so much fun making tons of new recipes in my parents’ kitchen. Gonna try another one tonight! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Prompt: January - Learn a New Skill
Project Name: Alcohol Inked Inchies
Project Link: Alcohol Inked Inchies
Brief Description: I haven’t made inchies in YEARS and the inchie swap on Discord was the perfect place for more practice with my new medium of alcohol inks.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

I created another poll over in the discussion thread. To raffle or not to raffle? That is the question.

Prompt: January - Diet/Exercise

Team: Palettable Art

Project Name: Savory Energy Bars

Project Link:

Brief Description: I have a busy month coming up and was trying to come up with something I could make and carry around as a snack that is not sweet. I threw a bunch of stuff together (oats, quinoa, protein flour, nuts, soy milk, and some spices) and came up with these little bars that are kind of like spicy cookies.

Project Photo(s):

6 Likes