CLOSED: Nerd Games - Winter 2022

Prompt: February - Battle - Number Games
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: Gymnast
Project Link: Uneven bar gymnast
Brief Description: I went with number games because counted cross stitch requires a lot of counting.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

@Bunny1kenobi Thank you! Lego has a bunch of fun flower sets! We’re on a Lego fixation at the moment, and I gotta have 'em all. :laughing: If you like Lego, I’d recommend them! They’re usually quick but interesting builds, and don’t look out of place being nicely displayed.

@storerboughtcreation What a cool cross stitch! Are you making a larger project, or it was just for fun?

1 Like

That was just for fun. I just started a giant diamond art kit that will keep me busy for a while!

5 Likes

Oooh thats a big one!! I love Starry Night, can’t wait to see the final product!

1 Like

Prompt: January - Scrub a dub
Team: RWS
Project Name: Arizona ATC
Project Link:
Brief Description: This ATC features a few saguaro cacti and they are prickly!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: February - Anagrams
Project Name: Astronomer’s Study
Project Link: The Astronomer’s study
Brief Description: This altered Altoids tin features excerpts from the poem, “The Old Astronomer To His Pupil”, by Sarah Williams. If you wanted to get the whole poem, you would have to do some shuffling, since I only included select verses of the entire work.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: February- Word Search
Project Name: Owl TM patch magnet
Project Link: TM patch magnet
Brief Description: It took a while to search out just the right buttons for this little patch!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: February- Bingo
Project Name: Dinosaur bookmark
Project Link: He’s got a looooong neck
Brief Description: This little guy has columns (stripes) on his neck.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range #2
Project Name: Kindness ATC
Project Link:
Brief Description: This atc was made for a swap
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Zap #1
Project Name: lip balm
Project Link:
Brief Description: A quick little extra for the box of color swap.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Research Project #1
Project Name: Cross stitch forest
Project Link: Cross Stitch forest
Brief Description: I am not a super fast cross stitcher. Add to that, that this Aida cloth is a small 18 count, and yeah… it definitely cleared 20 hours.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: February- Crossword Puzzle
Project Name: Zip pouch
Project Link: Odd little pouch
Brief Description: This zipper pouch is constructed of blocks sewn together.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Prompt: Big Time #1
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: More Tiny Triceratops
Project Link: (Paste the link to your community post for the bonus points)
Brief Description: I made 9 more triceratops! Each one takes me over a half an hour, so the 9 together took over 5 hours. I used a variety of yarns, so they came out slightly different sizes, depending on the brand.

Project Photo(s):

The new addtions:

The entire herd!

6 Likes

A rainbow army of triceratops! These make me happy! :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

@craftADDchick I am in love with those dinos! The keep getting cuter and cuter!

2 Likes

Prompt: Word Search
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: Fray Girl TM Patch
Project Link: Gray Girl TM Patch
Brief Description: I had to search for the beads for this. I made Bunny1Kenobi a bracelet YEARS ago and these were the leftover beads. Ha!
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Team RWS, I promise I have tons of projects to be posted. I just keep forgetting to sit down and do it, and at this point it makes sense to wait until March so I can shuffle prompts around if necessary. BUT I do have a February battle.

Prompt: Word Games (February Battle)
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: Untitled art journal page
Project Link: N/A for the time being
Brief Description: The squares collage paper is from some Frameworks puzzles, which are (usually) word puzzles.
Project Photo(s)

5 Likes

I’m gonna quick sneak the battle in before I’m too late!

Prompt: February Battle - WORD GAMES!
Prompt: Un burro sabe más que tú
Brief Description: Anyone who has studied a foreign language at any point in time knows that sometimes it takes word games to help you remember…or just words that turn into an inside joke that is the game itself. This prompt is a gift for a colleague/friend where this was an inside joke with words!
Project Photo:

5 Likes

This isn’t what I initially had planned for the Battle, but I wasn’t as productive (craft-wise) over my vacation as I planned, so this is the project that made the cut!

Prompt: February Battle- Word Games
Project Name: Lettuce Craft Address Book
Project Link: n/a
Brief Description: I decided to create an address book of as many LC members as I could. I started with the spreadsheet that was created when the old site shut down. Then, I added more from swaps I have been in. I put each address into a document, then printed them out on colored cardstock. I then used my Big Shot to die cut each one. I made the covers using black cardstock and some punches I had cutout that were leftover from another project (I hand cut the bunch of lettuce). Finally, I punched the holes so I could tie them together (I do have a binder ring for it, but I have misplaced the set of them that I have, so the binder ring will replace the yarn eventually). I already know that a couple of these addresses are out of date, but I’ll get them updated as needed.

Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: January - Singing in the Shower
Project Name: Yeti Pegleg ATC
Project Link:
Brief Description: I am not a super great at drawing, but I keep working on it and keep improving! This was one of my recent ATCs, which I sent to @gozer in the ongoing ATC swap. (Photo courtesy of gozer since I forgot to take a pic of it first. Duh.)
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: February Battle - Word Games
Project Name: Cathulu ATC
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made this ATC for @gozer in the ongoing ATC swap, and it is a play on words. (See what I did there? LOL)
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

I love these! Thank you so much!!! Your art has improved so much and I have loved watching you grow over the years.

1 Like

You have been a great inspiration and help! I’m glad you are my friend! :heart:

1 Like

I freaking love that bracelet. Seriously.

And this TM patch really is gorgeous. I know I’ve said it before, but it’s still true. Gorgeous.

1 Like

There’s a new tracking update in the discussion thread. @Smeddley will have new prompts posted tonight!

1 Like

Prompt: Big Time #1
Team: Running w Scissors
Project Name: Feb ATCs
Project Link:(ATCs bunnie, mouse & flowers)
**Brief Description:**These are some of my ATCs from February. Sorry for the terrible shot. Close ups and better pics in the link. I attempted watercolor again with the mouse. The other two are Copic markers.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Ohhhh! I love all of those ATCs! The mouse might be my favorite, though… lookit those little shoes!!!

1 Like

Prompt: March - Monster Cookie
Team: Running w Scissors
Project Name: Medieval Animal ATC
Project Link: Metallic ATCs
Brief Description: This is an ATC contains a monstrous creature. I was going for a lion in medieval style, but breaking up your own style is hard. I heavily leaned on a piece of a leopard… at least I think it was a leopard. It had spots. This card includes my current monster obsession with metallics. :purple_heart:
Project Photo(s):

8 Likes