CLOSED: Nerd Games - Winter 2022

Prompt: Big Time #1
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: More Tiny Triceratops
Project Link: (Paste the link to your community post for the bonus points)
Brief Description: I made 9 more triceratops! Each one takes me over a half an hour, so the 9 together took over 5 hours. I used a variety of yarns, so they came out slightly different sizes, depending on the brand.

Project Photo(s):

The new addtions:

The entire herd!

6 Likes

A rainbow army of triceratops! These make me happy! :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

@craftADDchick I am in love with those dinos! The keep getting cuter and cuter!

2 Likes

Prompt: Word Search
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: Fray Girl TM Patch
Project Link: Gray Girl TM Patch
Brief Description: I had to search for the beads for this. I made Bunny1Kenobi a bracelet YEARS ago and these were the leftover beads. Ha!
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Team RWS, I promise I have tons of projects to be posted. I just keep forgetting to sit down and do it, and at this point it makes sense to wait until March so I can shuffle prompts around if necessary. BUT I do have a February battle.

Prompt: Word Games (February Battle)
Project Name: Untitled art journal page
Project Link: N/A for the time being
Brief Description: The squares collage paper is from some Frameworks puzzles, which are (usually) word puzzles.
Project Photo(s)

5 Likes

I’m gonna quick sneak the battle in before I’m too late!

Prompt: February Battle - WORD GAMES!
Prompt: Un burro sabe más que tú
Brief Description: Anyone who has studied a foreign language at any point in time knows that sometimes it takes word games to help you remember…or just words that turn into an inside joke that is the game itself. This prompt is a gift for a colleague/friend where this was an inside joke with words!
Project Photo:

5 Likes

This isn’t what I initially had planned for the Battle, but I wasn’t as productive (craft-wise) over my vacation as I planned, so this is the project that made the cut!

Prompt: February Battle- Word Games
Project Name: Lettuce Craft Address Book
Project Link: n/a
Brief Description: I decided to create an address book of as many LC members as I could. I started with the spreadsheet that was created when the old site shut down. Then, I added more from swaps I have been in. I put each address into a document, then printed them out on colored cardstock. I then used my Big Shot to die cut each one. I made the covers using black cardstock and some punches I had cutout that were leftover from another project (I hand cut the bunch of lettuce). Finally, I punched the holes so I could tie them together (I do have a binder ring for it, but I have misplaced the set of them that I have, so the binder ring will replace the yarn eventually). I already know that a couple of these addresses are out of date, but I’ll get them updated as needed.

Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: January - Singing in the Shower
Team: RWS
Project Name: Yeti Pegleg ATC
Project Link:
Brief Description: I am not a super great at drawing, but I keep working on it and keep improving! This was one of my recent ATCs, which I sent to @gozer in the ongoing ATC swap. (Photo courtesy of gozer since I forgot to take a pic of it first. Duh.)
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: February Battle - Word Games
Team: RWS
Project Name: Cathulu ATC
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made this ATC for @gozer in the ongoing ATC swap, and it is a play on words. (See what I did there? LOL)
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

I love these! Thank you so much!!! Your art has improved so much and I have loved watching you grow over the years.

1 Like

You have been a great inspiration and help! I’m glad you are my friend! :heart:

1 Like

I freaking love that bracelet. Seriously.

And this TM patch really is gorgeous. I know I’ve said it before, but it’s still true. Gorgeous.

1 Like

There’s a new tracking update in the discussion thread. @Smeddley will have new prompts posted tonight!

1 Like

Prompt: Big Time #1
Team: Running w Scissors
Project Name: Feb ATCs
Project Link:(ATCs bunnie, mouse & flowers)
**Brief Description:**These are some of my ATCs from February. Sorry for the terrible shot. Close ups and better pics in the link. I attempted watercolor again with the mouse. The other two are Copic markers.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Ohhhh! I love all of those ATCs! The mouse might be my favorite, though… lookit those little shoes!!!

1 Like

Prompt: March - Monster Cookie
Project Name: Medieval Animal ATC
Project Link: Metallic ATCs
Brief Description: This is an ATC contains a monstrous creature. I was going for a lion in medieval style, but breaking up your own style is hard. I heavily leaned on a piece of a leopard… at least I think it was a leopard. It had spots. This card includes my current monster obsession with metallics. :purple_heart:
Project Photo(s):

8 Likes

Oooh the medieval lion is awesome! I could TOTALLY see that in some ancient manuscript!

2 Likes

Prompt: March - Monster Cookie
Project Name: Priscilla
Project Link:
Brief Description: This is a card I made for the Feb ATC swap. The theme was Cute Monsters.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: February - Sudoku
Project Name: Spring Swing ATC
Project Link:
Brief Description: This ATC features 9 flowers.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: March Battle - Butter
Project Name: Chicks and Broods
Project Link:
Brief Description: This ATC features chickens, who run in gangs on a farm. There are other gangs on this farm, like cow gangs, who make butter and then push it on unsuspecting and innocent lambs. Hey, the first taste is free…
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: March - Chocolate Chip
Project Name: Buzz and Charlie
Project Link:
Brief Description: Charlie is a cute brown mouse.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: March - Oatmeal Cranberry
Project Name: Ben Franklin Was One Lucky Dude
Project Link:
Brief Description: This ATC features a red kite. And lightning. No Franklins were harmed in the making of this ATC. (Ok, I’ll show myself out.)
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: March - Sugar Cookie
Project Name: Heart With Wings
Project Link:
Brief Description: This was a simple card. And most of the colors are pale. Right?
Project Photo(s):

9 Likes

Prompt: Sugar Cookie
Project Name: Terrible Bulletin Board
Project Link: No thank you. LOL!
Brief Description: Work has been crazy and most of the members of the Well Being Committee are now wfh so a lot got thrown on me to do. I have exactly one hour (my lunch break) to work on the bulletin board. It was awful. I should have taken a before picture. I hope to go back and fix this, but this is what I got done in an hour. I drew and cut out the shamrocks, and made the daylight savings sign. I had to remove way too many foam leaf stickers and yes, we still have the snowflake border. i will work on that next time I am in the office. PS. If you couldn’t;t guess, I am short so everything ended up at the bottom of the tall board. Who put it that high on the wall?
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

You crack me up! Only you could take a “terrible” bulletin board and make it funny.

2 Likes

I also have to add, I was given no budget so it was use what you find.

Prompt: Big Time #2
Project Name: Gray Bubble Pod
Project Link: Gray Bubble Pod
Brief Description: My sewing skills are rusty. I had not sewn in a really long time. This pod took me forever. I would describe this pattern as “fiddly”. There were so many tiny parts you had to sew on the machine. I loved the gray star fabric though.
Project Photo(s):

10 Likes