CLOSED: Nerd Games - Winter 2022

Prompt: January - Bubbles
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: 1st attempt Princess Leia
Project Link: First Attempt at Princess Leia - #13 by susieoregon
Brief Description: This is my first attempt at rendering Princess Leia. I want to keep drawing her until I am happy with it. This isn’t that version. Ha! It has a white base and a circle of gold. Click the link to see how it shimmers.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

@storerboughtcreation – That blanket is incredible. I can’t even image the work that went into it. Crazy! I have heard about cats who chew on stuff. That would be super frustrating and worrisome!
@Lynx – Beautiful artwork. I love the use of the new technique.

@roler – What a high-energy card!

2 Likes

Prompt: January – Singing in the Shower
Project Name: 1st attempt at Watercolor
Project Link: Learning to Watercolor #1 2022 Goal
Brief Description: Well, as we can see, I am not that good at watercolor. It alludes me. I love the way it looks, but I am way too controlled when I do art to just relax and let it flow. One goal this year is to keep at it and stop quitting because it is hard. This is attempt #1. Hopefully, many more, improved, pieces will follow.
Project Photo(s):

9 Likes

I think it’s spectacular.

3 Likes

I have no idea what you mean! How are you not good at watercolor?!?! This looks great. Maybe it’s not what you imagined the final piece to be, but it’s amaze balls. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Prompt: January - battle - shower
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: snowman diamond art
Project Link:
Brief Description: I went with shower because it’s snowing in the picture. And also, baths gross me out. Stewing in your own filth is just… :nauseated_face:
Project Photo(s):

9 Likes

I agree!

I like it! Snowman themed things are fun because you can keep them out all winter.

I have a diamond art piece to work on. I bought it last year when a couple of my students convinced me to give it a try. I haven’t unwrapped it yet! I need to get some containers to hold the little gems, first.

2 Likes

Mine came with everything I needed… except enough little plastic zippy bags to hold the opened sleeves of gems. I found a plastic storage box at the Dollar Tree that I used to hold the rest in. It worked ok, but not the best. I had a lot of fun, and I’d like to do another soon!

3 Likes

I saw that Harbor Freight has a bin with 25 (I think) snap shut little boxes, so as soon as the weather does not include frozen, slippery roads, I’m heading down to check them out. I probably cold have gone this afternoon, but I had a task to complete and didn’t want to get side-tracked! Monday after work might be safe enough :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Prompt: Research Project
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: Drawing/Copic practice
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: Instead of working on other more pressing things ( :crazy_face: ), I have been spending pretty much all of my free time practicing with my markers. It’s fun and discouraging all at the same time! :laughing: Since I’m deep in the learning phase, and I’ve been doing it 2-4 hours every day, I thought it would make a good research project. I think I’m starting to hone in on what works for me, and what I like for my aesthetic. I don’t really want to share all of these, because I feel embarrassed how some of them turned out, and I also know it’s part of the process, and I’m supposed to suck at it because I haven’t done it before, so I’m just embracing it. Most of them were done using reference photos I found online, and a couple were from my brain (which is my goal for the next phase).

Project Photo(s):

8 Likes

Prompt: January Battle - Shower
Project Name: Crochet Mouse
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: One of the members of my DnD game has a pocket mouse, so I made him a little crocheted mouse. I’ve made this pattern before, and probably will again. He’s so cute! And he stands up (hence shower) on his own.
Project Photo(s):

8 Likes

Prompt: January- Rubber Duckie
Team: RWS
Project Name: Be Sweet ATC
Project Link: Be Sweet- a family ATC
Brief Description: Pineapples are yellow!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: January- Bubbles
Project Name: Monkey ATC
Project Link: Monkeys- a family ATC
Brief Description: The background for this card looks a bit like rainbow bubbles!
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Prompt: Free Range #1
Project Name: Enchiladas ATC
Project Link: Enchiladas- a family ATC
Brief Description: I made this card for my son in law.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Hey All. I’m so inspired to join. Definitely excited to craft and share my entries soon.

7 Likes

Welcome! We look forward to seeing you around!

4 Likes

Yay! Welcome, @melg78!

4 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

@storerboughtcreation – The diamond art turned out so cute. I have a pumpkin man one that I have been trying to talk myself into starting. How long did that take you?

@LovelyMiss – Your Copics adventure is coming along great! I love the girl in the upper rh corner. She has sass.

@Smeddley – what a cute mouse and I am sure your friend got a kick out of it! Adorable.

@Bunny1kenobi – I love that you are making ATCs for your family. So sweet and a great little treasure. I love the style you are bringing!

@melg78 – Welcome! I can’t wait to see what you make and which team you will choose!

Prompt: January Battle - Shower
Team: Running w Scissors
Project Name: Silver flower ATC
Project Link: Metallic ATCs
Brief Description: Flowers are out in the rain, which is like a shower. I make this ATC as a study of the difference between warm and cool gray with some silver paint I had. This is the cool gray. I am all about metallics and shimmer right now.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: January Rubber Duck
Team: Running w Scissors
Project Name: King of Small Talk ATC
Project Link: Metallic ATCs
Brief Description: This is a little ATC. 2.5" x 3.5". I sent it in the ATC swap.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes