CLOSED: Nerd Games - Winter 2022

Hey All. I’m so inspired to join. Definitely excited to craft and share my entries soon.

7 Likes

Welcome! We look forward to seeing you around!

4 Likes

Yay! Welcome, @melg78!

4 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

@storerboughtcreation – The diamond art turned out so cute. I have a pumpkin man one that I have been trying to talk myself into starting. How long did that take you?

@LovelyMiss – Your Copics adventure is coming along great! I love the girl in the upper rh corner. She has sass.

@Smeddley – what a cute mouse and I am sure your friend got a kick out of it! Adorable.

@Bunny1kenobi – I love that you are making ATCs for your family. So sweet and a great little treasure. I love the style you are bringing!

@melg78 – Welcome! I can’t wait to see what you make and which team you will choose!

Prompt: January Battle - Shower
Team: Running w Scissors
Project Name: Silver flower ATC
Project Link: Metallic ATCs
Brief Description: Flowers are out in the rain, which is like a shower. I make this ATC as a study of the difference between warm and cool gray with some silver paint I had. This is the cool gray. I am all about metallics and shimmer right now.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: January Rubber Duck
Project Name: King of Small Talk ATC
Brief Description: This is a little ATC. 2.5" x 3.5". I sent it in the ATC swap.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

I didn’t time myself. But MUCH faster than cross stitch. I recommend taking frequent breaks as it can hurt your neck some looking down for so long. I learned that lesson on night one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The hardest part was chasing Monkey away from the plastic sleeves the gems come in. He’s a cute pest, but a pest nonetheless

3 Likes

Love the gray flower! The bird is adorable.

And thanks for the kind words @gozer !

1 Like

Prompt: Free Range
Team: RwS
Project Name: Rose Gold ATC
Brief Description: What can I say? I’m obsessed with metallics right now.
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Gozer, I have a question… Where are the prompt palaces located? I just got used to the Craftster website and now, I’m so lost at navigating the website…

4 Likes

Hey! And Welcome to Lettuce Craft and the Games!
The Prompt Palace is here.
Nerd Games - Winter 2022 and don’t forget to say hi on the Discussion Thread (link in the intro).

2 Likes

Welcome!!!

Nearly everything you’ll need to find is at the top of the Nerd Games thread. The very first comment has rules and important info. The second comment is the prompt palace. The third comment is the tracking checklist and team rosters. This season we have a few extra fun things going on, and those are posted in the 4th and 5th comments.

We try to keep the info in the first few comments of every season for consistency and to make it easier to find the info you’re looking for. I hope we see you around! :nerd_face: :hearts:

3 Likes

Prompt: January Battle - Bath
Team: Knotty by Nature
Project Name: Rainbow Space Walrus ATC
Project Link: Walruses, monsters, and maps, oh my!
Brief Description: I’m going with “bath” for this one because I feel like walruses are quite often in a bath of sorts… although this space walrus might occasionally bathe in meteor showers!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: January - Bubbles
Project Name: Message Monster ATC
Brief Description: The background for this (a masterboard from @Reinikka!) has bubble-like patterns on it, and I’m sure this monster would blow happy bubbles.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: January - Reading in the Tub
Project Name: Message Monster ATC #2
Brief Description: The background for this is a masterboard that I made, and contains words. Also, this is a “message” monster, so he gets attached to letters full of words to be read!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: January - Singing in the Shower
Project Name: USJ ATC
Brief Description: This is a map of Universal Studios Japan, and it is always FULL of music!!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: January - Scrub-a-Dub
Project Name: Opossumsaurus ATC
Brief Description: Opossumsaurus’s don’t tend to be the cleanest of beasts, but don’t bring that up around one; they tend to get rather prickly about the subject!
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

Prompt: January - Bubbles
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: Minnie diamond art
Project Link:
Brief Description: Mr SBC started this for our niece. Grumpy Frog is obsessed with Minnie. He got about 3/4 of the black done, then I finished the rest. This is the first thing I was motivated to craft since I got out of the hospital. I’ve been sleeping a lot still, and I get exhausted so easily.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Prompt: January - Rubber Duckie
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: Copic Drawing
Brief Description: I’m still going and trying to find my style and footing. I have been practicing with some Archie Comics characters. These are small drawings, the paper is 6"x8". I’m intimated to go bigger!

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: January - Bubbles!
Brief Description: Does it count as usually being seen in a group if the character is part of Josie and the Pussycats, one of the rockin-est music groups in comics? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :upside_down_face:

Project Photo(s):

Brief Description: Midge from Archie Comics - which are a fun thing to read!

Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Gotta get the battle in before I forget…
Prompt: Shower (January Battle)
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: Note Cards
Project Link: New Happy Mail and Note Cards
Brief Description: Shower, because Psycho :wink:
Project Photo(s)

9 Likes

Project Name: Watercolor landscape
Project Link: (Paste the link to your community post for the bonus points) *
Brief Description: I am learning watercolors and they are really hard. I picked a watercolor landscape theme for the ATC swap and had the hardest time. I made four of them actually. This was my last attempt. It looks much better in a picture than it does in real life.
Project Photo(s):

8 Likes

Watercolor is hard, and trees look easier than they seem (I’m doing a tree study today). I’m impressed you tried so hard for my atc. Thank you.

5 Likes

Prompt: January - Rubber Duckie
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: Release the Quacken!
Project Link: Release the Quacken!
Brief Description: Thanks to @Smeddley for sending me this chart over six years ago. I am glad I finally got it stitched up! I love it. I went with Rubber Duckie, because, well… It’s a rubber duck!
Project Photo(s)

10 Likes

Photo Dump! I’ve had a bunch of snow days, so I’ve been busy!

Prompt: Rubber Ducky
Project Name: Abstract Watercolor
Brief Description: There’s yellow and some small circles! Turned this into mini envelopes!
Project Photo:

Prompt: Bubbles
Project Name: Unloved masterboard into a collection of loveable magnets
Brief Description: I created a masterboard I didn’t love and it turned into almost 20 round magnets (and some envelopes!)
Project Photo:

Prompt: Scrub-A-Dub
Project Name: Watercolor Tree Study
Brief Description: A pretty big stretch, but trees can be scratchy, and I used watercolor to paint.
Project Photo:

Prompt: Reading In the Tub
Project Name: Netflix’s Rebecca and Watercolor
Brief Description: Another pretty big stretch, but I watched Netflx’s movie of one of my favorite books, Rebecca. Turned this into mini envelopes!
Project Photo:

Prompt: Singing in the Shower
Project Name: 4x6 Hand Carved Floral Block
Brief Description: I’m still practicing at hand-carving stamps, and when I use speedball ink and my brayer, sometimes it is squeeky!
Project Photo:

Prompt: Zap 1
Project Name:Unloved Masterboard into Mini Envelopes
Brief Description: Mini Envelopes made from an unloved masterboard
Project Photo:

Prompt: Zap 2
Project Name: Scrappy Watercolor Magnets
Brief Description: I used leftover scraps from watercolor turned mini envelopes to make this set of magnets (different masterboard from previous post)
Project Photo:

Prompt: Zap 3
Project Name: Scrappy Watercolor Earring and Necklace Set
Brief Description: I used leftover watercolor scraps, a crafting bottlecap, and metal stamping blanks to make this jewelry set.
Project Photo:

Prompt: Free Range 1
Project Name: Metallic Galactic Watercolor Mini Envelopes
Brief Description: I was practicing with my watercolors and made this cool masterboard I turned into min envelopes
Project Photo:

Prompt: Free Range 2
Project Name: Watercolor Eggs
Brief Description: I painted these fun watercolor eggs for the atc swap.
Project Photo:

Prompt: Free Range 3
Project Name:A New Assemblage
Brief Description: I used doodads from around my house to make this new 4x6 assemblage piece.
Project Photo:

Prompt: Big Time 1
Project Name: Animal Crossing Painting
Brief Description: A fun, bright and bold painting of Julian and Tia for @storerboughtcreation in the Winter Games Swap! 11x14.
Project Photo:

9 Likes