CLOSED - Nerd Games - Winter 2023

I’ll tell you if you add the link to your raven. :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Done! :wink::+1:

2 Likes

I also added the link to the paper bottles post.

2 Likes

Then the story is… nope. I just like drawing that type of wrap/scroll. LOL!

2 Likes

You’re a brat!! :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Prompt: January - New Hobby
Team: Running w Scissors
Project Name: Mermaid Notebook
Project Link: Mermaid Notebook
Brief Description: I used a new material for this notebook. I used a kraft paper sticker to create the image and adhered it to the notebook.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Omg, you and @Bunny1kenobi are too funny! But nice way to con her into getting more points on the board :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I love this mermaid!! She is absolutely my favorite!!

2 Likes

Prompt: Free Range #1
Team: Running With Scissors
Project Name: Gothic book nook
Project Link: Gothic Book Nook
Brief Description: I made this book nook for my son and DIL. It is a (very late) Christmas gift.
Project Photo(s):

9 Likes

Very, very cool! I know they will absolutely LOVE it!!!

2 Likes

Thank you! I think it will be well- received! :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Aha! Now we see where all those other projects were headed!

Really cool collection. The skulls on the corners are a nice touch.

3 Likes

Thanks!!

2 Likes

That is so cool. I love the gothic vibe. :black_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you!!

2 Likes

Prompt: January - Battle - Planning for the Future
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: kidney
Project Link: Crocheted kidney
Brief Description: I made this for my surgeon. I’ll give it to him when I have the first of two surgeries in a few weeks. I’ve been less crafty and fairly absent for the last few months because of kidney pain. Hopefully once I have the two surgeries (which I’ve been told will not be fun and will be pretty painful after… but once I heal I shouldn’t have any further problems!) I will bounce back and get my crafty mojo going. :clinking_glasses: to the future! :blush:
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

A crocheted kidney! Hysterical!!

I’m looking forward to your full recovery. Better things await!!

2 Likes

Prompt: January Battle - Planning for the Future
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: Kitty copic drawing
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: We might get a kitty in the future, and I hope to continue getting better and better with my drawing/copic skills.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: January - Be happier
Project Name: Brownies
Brief Description: I made brownies from scratch. These ones were fudgy and pretty good! The warm chocolatey yum-ness made me happier. :grin: I followed this recipe: https://www.inspiredtaste.net/24412/cocoa-brownies-recipe/

Project Photo(s):

brownies 1

Prompt: January - Reduce stress
Project Name: Fancy breakfast
Brief Description: I generally like cooking - it helps me wind down and focus MOST of the time. (Sometimes it’s a sh*tshow :joy: :upside_down_face: ). This was a nice way to spend an hour in the morning a few weeks ago.

Project Photo(s):

breakfast 1 - Copy

Prompt: January - Travel or get outside more
Project Name: Chorizo breakfast scramble
Brief Description: Warm places are my favorite to travel to - Spain, Mexico - generally inspired this breakfast.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: January - Save money
Project Name: More brownies
Brief Description: The first batch of brownies was so tasty we wanted another. But I didn’t have enough cocoa powder left. So I took stock and found this recipe and was able to use only what I had on hand. I followed this recipe: Best Brownie Recipe Ever

Project Photo(s):

brownies 2 - Copy

Prompt: January - Try a new hobby
Project Name: Pretzels
Brief Description: I’ve never made pretzels from scratch. I read about it and was in wonder about the process and baking soda bath - what science wizardry. Anyway, I decided to make some. They were surprisingly fun and delicious! I followed this process: Homemade Hard Pretzel Rods Recipe | Girl Versus Dough

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Research Project
Project Name: Embroidery
Brief Description: I had no idea what I was getting into when I picked up a little embroidery kit on clearance for $1. Umm, it took me steady work over about two and a half weeks. I’ve done some embroidery here and there, but this is probably my biggest project ever. I’m not that great at it, and many of the stitches were new to me so I had a lot of trial and error. Overall, though, it’s finished and cute enough!

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range
Project Name: New Years mini-party
Brief Description: We had a little two person party for New Years and I put together this spread for us.

Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Prompt: January- Travel
Project Name: Alaska shirt
Project Link:
Brief Description: I made this for a work retreat coming up next week. Since I work for Alaska Airlines, this certainly pertains to travel!
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Prompt: Zap #1
Project Name: Fridge magnet
Project Link:
Brief Description: I have made these for other people many times, but until now I haven’t made one for myself. The design is one that I colored in a coloring book years ago, then shrunk it when I copied it.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes