CLOSED - Nerd Games - Winter 2023

Yiiiiiip yip yip yip yip. Uh huh. Uh huh. These are a lot of fun! I also love the aliens.

3 Likes

I LOOOOOVED the yip yips as a kid! The telephone sketch was probably my favorite.

3 Likes

Prompt: Zap 2
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: Sausage Gravy and Tots
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: I whipped this up for dinner tonight, substituting yogurt for some of the milk in the gravy because I was low. Also, PSA, air frying tater tots has changed my life :laughing:.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

To clarify, low on milk, not emotionally.

5 Likes

Prompt: February battle - Sun
Team: Running With Scissors
Project Name: Iridescent embellishments
Project Link:
Brief Description: Like the sun, many of these are Star shaped and some are round, the way the sun appears to us. Plus, the light from the sun enhances the iridescence.
Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: January - try a new hobby
Project Name: To Be Read jar
Project Link: To Be Read jar
Brief Description: This jar is shiny and iridescent
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Ooh! Shiny things! What are you going to use them for. The idea of the jar is great! I have a few hundred books to choose from on Goodreads, but I often have a hard time picking which one is next. This would solve that problem.

So many cool projects… where did February go? I did a few projects, only time tonight to post the battle…

Prompt: February Battle - Sun
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: Bee Blood Drop
Brief Description: Another blood drop! I actually did make two different bees, one for a friend, one for my shelf, I’ll post the other one later when I have time to write up the pattern. Bees use the sun as a compass to navigate!
Project Photo(s):

7 Likes

I just saw the pattern for these and my google eyes just arrived! I can’t wait to make some- yours came out great!

1 Like

I had every intention of doing something Moon-themed, but I needed these for a gift, so…

Prompt: February Battle- Sun
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: A Double Rainbow of Dinos
Project Link: n/a
Brief Description: I have a friend who loves dinosaurs, and often sends little gifts to people in the mail. I though this rainbow set of dinos would be nice for her to use to add a little note in with her packages. And, the sun makes rainbows! These seem like they should have been a zap, but I was using ancient ink pads, and it took a while to get the stamp inked, and cleaned after each color. Plus, on a few of them, I had to wipe off the edges of the stamp so I didn’t get a ring from the stamp base. The fussy bits made it take a little longer than planned, so I used it for the battle!

Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Prompt: February- Waxing
Project Name: Felt Mouse
Project Link:
Brief Description: This mouse is light gray.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

@Smeddley - the bee works perfectly for the blood drop shape! Even I, bugphobic that I am, find it cute!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@craftADDchick - those rainbow dinos are so cute and cheerful! :rainbow: :t_rex:

@Bunny1kenobi - that little mouse with her letter in hand is soooooo cute! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you, @smeddley, for putting up the March prompts. I find the last prompt, Weed Appreciation, hilarious. Whenever I point out flowers I like, my husband rolls his eyes, because 9 times out of 10 I like what most people consider weeds. :rofl:

2 Likes

Prompt: research project
Team: :yarn:
Project Name: enchanted garden
Project Link: Enchanted Garden Mosaic Blanket
Brief Description: I finished this blanket tonight. The pattern was released today. I need to get a better photo this weekend, but I was excited to share it now. :hearts:
Project Photo(s):

8 Likes

This month’s prompts are awesome!!

And @storerboughtcreation that blanket is so pretty!

3 Likes

Prompt: February Full
Team: Knotty by Nature
Project Name: Daffodil Cake
Project Link: Daffodil Cake
Brief Description:
This bright white & yellow cake reminds me spring is coming

6 Likes

I want a piece! :drooling_face:

1 Like

Oh my, that looks sooooo good!

1 Like

Prompt: Big Time #1
Project Name: Baby Quilt
Project Link: Quilt for my almost-here grandson!
Brief Description: It took me forever to finish this! And it was my first time using mitred corners.
Project Photo(s):

It looks crooked because I photographed it on an angle.

6 Likes

Prompt: Free Range 1
Team: Running with Scissors
Project Name: Pasta with meat sauce
Brief Description: I made pasta and a little homemade sauce for dinner tonight.
Project Photo(s): This isn’t quite all of it, just the first helping :yum:.

4 Likes