Completed - Ninni Swap Send Outs Aug 23rd

Welcome to the Ninni Swap! These cute little characters are perfect for customizing and making unique and personal creations. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination! What will yours become?

Swap name: Ninni
LC member who is organizing this swap: gozer
Sign-up date range: July 9 - July 16

Date to send item by: August 23

GALLERY:

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? YES/NO no
If so, which country?
Additional Age requirement? no
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions: yes

• Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES/NO yes
  • Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES/NO yes
  • Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES/NO no
  • Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES/NO yes
  • Is at least 18 years old: YES/NO yes

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions: yes

• Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO yes
  • Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO yes
  • Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO yes
  • Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO yes
  • Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO yes
  • Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO yes
  • If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO yes
  • If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO yes

Details of swap:

For this swap, you will be required to construct one Ninni! You can make it as elaborate and creative as you wish. Ninnis are such a versatile pattern and are fun and easy to make and accessorize. This should be a low-stress, high-fun swap. You can discuss with your partner for extras, but only a Ninni is required.
Participants are required to post up at least once a week and before sending your questionnaire.

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Ninni Swap

LettuceCraft username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old: (YES/NO)

What animals, creatures, or characters would you love to get in Ninni form? (Please give at least 5 options, but feel free to list as many as you want)
Are there any types of Ninni (theme, character, animals etc.) that you would NOT like to receive?
List your favorite:

Colors:

Styles:

Are there any colors, styles, patterns, etc. that you dislike?

Would you like to receive extras?

Any elements/fabric that should not be used in your Ninni? (fur/fake fur/leather/feathers)

Do you have any allergies?
Do you have any allergens in your home?
Do you have a Pinterest?

Anything else you want your partner or the organizer to know?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

2 Likes

Reserved for Participants:
Sent: :tada:
Package Received: :gift:
Late with Communication: :running_woman:
Contact Organizer: :nauseated_face:

@gozer :gift: :
@photojenn :gift: :
@marionberries :gift:
@Camelama :gift: :
@artsycandice :gift: :
@AIMR :gift:
@jillybeans :gift: : :gift: :

1 Like

Reserved for Partners:
gozer <-> jillybeans
photojenn <-> AIMR
marionberries <-> artsycandice
Lilyleaper <-> jillybeans

This is also tempting! So concise and I do love to see a group of the “same” thing interpreted through so many creative eyes. Is there a pattern provided for the basic Ninni?

5 Likes

Here’s a link to a ninni pattern:

And if anyone needs a tutorial on how to put it together:

3 Likes

I’m definitely thinking about this swap…just need to get a couple of things squared away to make sure I can fully commit to signing up for this swap!

2 Likes

Thanks for the pattern link @loves2experiment (and the heads up about the questionnaire, Ha)

I love seeing the same thing interpreted so many different ways in a swap too. Ninnis are fun to make and I hope we have a decent turnout.

1 Like

It’s a great pattern and definitely doable for all skill levels!

1 Like

Those are ridiculously cute, I think I need to sign up for this swap!

2 Likes

These are the most favorite Ninnis I ever made…they were for a Halloween themed swap. The two I got were also so awesome and are always on display in my craftroom!

ninni

8 Likes

@AIMR those are adorable. I love when they have accessories. The bag, the ghost costume, adorable.

The back story on the little ghost is that when I was a kid, my parents were strapped for ideas and money for costumes…their fall back was cutting up a sheet to make us ghosts or dressing us up in old clothes to make us “hobos” ala Red Skelton. I hated being a ghost…couldn’t see, couldn’t breathe…lol

2 Likes

Ninni happiness. I’m off to fill out my Q

3 Likes

Sent in my Q!

2 Likes

My mom made me a huge pumpkin costume once. It was so big a couldn’t fit up peoples stairs. Lol. It was full of balloons to make it so big.

I think they ninni pattern is a great starter pattern! I can’t wait to start!

3 Likes

I love ninnis!

2 Likes

sent! :grin:

2 Likes

Yay! We may end up being a smaller group, but I think this will be a very fun swap! Also, if anyone would be willing to take on two partners, please let me know. Just in case we have an uneven amount of participants. :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes

I so want to do this! I’ve never done this swap before but it looks so fun!!

I would totally take on two partners! Then both my kiddos can each get one!!

4 Likes

I just found pictures of a couple of ninnis I made years ago but had all but forgotten about… Meet… Cousin Eddie…

And his ninni-hiney which was 100% inspired by Cabbage Patch doll bottoms. :laughing:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

One more… a shark ninni! :grin:

6 Likes