Oh, I just need ONE more shawl for 2020

Congratulations!

Thanks! I am looking at patterns and yarn now to plan for next year! I doubt I would have even made one if it were not for the Shawl Along!

1 Like

I finally decided on ā€œjumping jaffa popā€ after weeks of procrastinating over which colourway to buy. Your one was another on my list of potentials along with many others. I hope it doesnā€™t take long to arrive!

ETA - it has arrived today, New Yearā€™s Eve! Given that we cannot party, this might get started later!

5 Likes

The colors of this shawl are my favorites! They look so pretty all together. I have a cake of this yarn in the colorway Cotton Candy Man for a shawl project (a summer shawl) and Iā€™ve been hesitant to start it because itā€™s stringy. But, the way the color changes happen, I couldnā€™t resist buying it (and itā€™s a rainbow color theme, which isnā€™t usually my thing). I might have to dive into it soonā€¦ if I start it now, it could be finished by the time summer arrives!

1 Like

It was easier to do with a larger hook than you thinkā€¦I started with an E and it kept splitting the yarnā€¦I moved to a G and it was way betterā€¦it is a bit looser, but that should be fine for a summer shawlā€¦

1 Like

Oh greatā€¦now I want to get another cakeā€¦the colors make the slight difficulty in working with this worth itā€¦I want to make that Kalinda shawl as wellā€¦off to do some New Year Shopping with my stimulus check!

love those coloursā€¦some days its hard to decide if i love yarn cakes more than actual cakes. i agree with @Magpie - that mossy green is my favourite shade of them all. so beautiful!!

I hope you manage to choose one easily, I spent weeks trying to decide which one to buy!

Although, I think Wool Warehouse have suspended international shipping for the moment.

1 Like

I thought they were going to be shipping from their Netherlands shipping yard? I truly love them and want to do what I can to keep them afloat during this bad time.

Yes, I tend to pick the same colors and end up with shawls all in similar colors, so I am trying to do some more varietyā€¦I am going to use my t-shirt collection as a guideā€¦I ended up buying one of several colors so I want to make a shawl or scarf for each oneā€¦that will help me make my choices.

Ahh, maybe they will. There was just a notice on the website when I ordered the other day.

I love the feel of the yarn, I expect I will buy more once I finish this shawl.

How many shawls are too many???

I have no idea what a granny or virus have to do with this (Ha!) but itā€™s beautiful.

I think the pattern was so named ages ago because of how the pattern growsā€¦the granny part is the simple double crochet square that is popular in afghans ā€œgranniesā€ madeā€¦lolā€¦

Yeah, it is a funny name but an iconic and popular patternā€¦

1 Like

If you canā€™t get anything shipped to you, Iā€™m happy if you can get it shipped to me and I can forward it on.

Accidentally ordered 2 more cakes because weā€™re back in lockdown. #restashtodestash

your shawl is stunning? was it difficult at all? I havent made one, but ive been crocheting for a long time. looking forward to tryin at least one this year <3

Thanksā€¦not at all difficultā€¦uses only two crochet stitchesā€¦double and singleā€¦If you can count, you can do it! I highly recommend the YouTube video by Fiber Spiderā€¦

Granny Meets Virus Shawl

1 Like