Ongoing ATC swap gallery/discussion for 2022

That is gorgeous!

1 Like

I love when curiousfae creates art with her lettering!

3 Likes

I received from @irid3sc3nt today for my Windows and Doors theme. She made an ATC that is also appropriate to the season!

The 50’s-pinup-ish figure is so fetching in her little cat costume. (Wait—just realized that I also had a Cat theme listed, so that makes this a combo-theme card.) I don’t know if you can tell, but there is a shiny film that forms the glass between the figure and the frame.

Thanks, @irid3sc3nt! I love it!

8 Likes

Haha, I’m glad you like it. I titled it Mr. Tom. Both for Tomcat and Peeping Tom.

1 Like

I received a card from @thanate today! It’s one of her embroidery cards for my Christmas themes and its called “Holiday Cheer”! It’s so cheerful and festive, thank you very much! :christmas_tree: :slight_smile:

7 Likes

November swap is up, come play!

2 Likes

Just sent in my Q! :smiley: :art:

2 Likes

Y’all. Curiousfae sent me a needle felted ATC. Officially a TBD, it is from my “red right hand” theme which is a Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds song and also on my Halloween mix. The have is pointed towards the viewer and the squiggles are great. She thought about green in reference to one of the song lyrics, but that would have been too cheerful she said. She also included a card she made a while ago. It has a “C” for my first name!

Thank you, @curiousfae!

9 Likes

Wow! A needle-felted ATC; how cool! The one with the initial is really pretty, too.

1 Like

yay! so glad you like it. i tried to make the palm indented a bit so as to indicate the right hand but being wool it sometimes puffs back up a bit.
so glad i could find a use for the card! i remember buying those colors and could not wait to use them. the letter ‘c’ was just a whim but now seems like fate. :grinning:

1 Like

Cave art from @Juju—love it, thanks!

8 Likes

Ooo that looks really good! I like the background especially.

Btw, I changed up my themes a bit adding a few things about books and home libraries, Chrismukkah, snowflakes, etc.

3 Likes

I used my handy dandy new graphite pencils I got in the STS swap. I love them!

Oooo… Books! Looking forward to making you some hopefully!

4 Likes

White tree/pink ornaments

I use to have a white tree a looooong time ago. Back when my kids were little and we lived in Germany. Every year I would decorate it with the colors to represent something. My daughter graduated from the US high school there and that year I decorated it her school colors. Good memories of that tree!

This ^^^^^^was suppose to be to @irid3sc3nt lol I don’t know how I ended up commenting to myself! :joy:

1 Like

Our first tree was a white tree that we received from my friend. It was white. Eventually it yellowed and we purchased a green tree. I missed the white one so much that last year we got a second white one on sale. I left it up until after Valentine’s Day where I had decorated it with vintage valentines.

Also, you lived in Germany??

1 Like

Yes I did. We lived in Heidelberg. Beautiful town. Beautiful country. I didn’t want to leave! Lol

1 Like

My nephew is stationed in Germany with the air force, but I’m not sure what base. He has been traveling so much on his days off! When my husband went to Germany he said the countryside looked like Iowa, where we’re from.

1 Like

Here are my TWO ATCs from @Juju . She chose my kawaii theme.

The first are these little Halloween bears going trick or treating.

She was concerned they weren’t cute enough, so she looked through her stash and found this ghost:

And I have to tell you that all those little doodads-- sequins, hearts, stars, flowers-- are adhered to it! They’re sooooo tiny.
She sent everything in a super fun Halloween envelope and included this card:

Of course I’m keeping it. Thank you so much, Juju! All of these will be apart of my Halloween decorating :grinning:

8 Likes

He could be on Heidelberg (if the Army still has a post there), or there is another one, i can’t think of the name right now, but we went there for my ex to have surgery. I think Germany reminds different people of different places. The area we lived reminded me of home ( Arkansas) but there’s soooooo many areas that are just unique and very old.

Yay!! I’m glad you like the ATC’s! And I have you in my Halloween file in my brain now! Lol I’m slowly learning y’all here😊

2 Likes

Hahaha, yep, Halloween is my jam although Hanukkah is creeping up there. It’s not something I grew up with, but I really enjoy it-- much more than Christmas.

1 Like