Ongoing ATC swap gallery/discussion for 2022

I received 2 ATCs yesterday, both for my whimsical animals theme

From @GeekyBookworm, this cute frog! I love the background you did too!

And from @Cindy, a “human watcher” with the caption “if we watch birds, why can’t they watch us” :joy:

Thank you both!

13 Likes

This one in particular had me chuckling out loud.

1 Like

So hard to keep up with all the fantastic cards!

2 Likes

@endymion – the door is next level. I love it! The little knocker kills me. So much detail and so neatly done. Pufnstuf as the chariot? Brilliant. I love the composition and playfulness of the card. Whoa! Rocky Horror Picture Show is ah-maze-ing! Love the movement, the shading, style, emotion, EVERYTHING about this card.

@bluebird – that cat looks pleased with herself. A little too leased and it makes me wonder what she has gotten into. She is absolutely ADORABLE! Beautiful prismatic rainbow! Eeeps! A porg. He looks so innocent and inquisitive. I love the soft border you gave it too. Your strawberry and the socks are fun and bold. I love your drawing style. The bird is amazing. I love his subtle grin and the wisps of hair on the back of his head.

@artsycandice – the socks are adorable. Are they watercolor? If so, I have no idea how you did that. It would be a grayed-out mess it I attempted that. The Julie Green card is cool and such a sweet tribute. What an interesting way to highlight one’s ideas on capital punishment. I like when things make you think instead of telling you how to think. The Baba Yaga shelf is amazing! The houseplants look so fresh and clean. Makes me long for Spring!

@thanate – the sloth is cute He has a happy little face.

@GeekyBookworm – Your sorting hat card is wonderful. I love the use off all the house colors and the book overlay. It is fantastic! Your sloth is utterly adorable! Love those rosy cheeks and the hat.

@roler – the P penguin is adorable. I love how he is toppling over.

@curiousfae – Watercolors and Gel Pens? LOVE it. The colors are absolutely beautiful, and your lettering is impeccable as usual. I don’t think people really understand how hard lettering is until they try it. It can destroy a piece of art. Your work is always admirable. Love the use of gold too. I am sort of on a kick lately in case no one has noticed. :laughing:

@Cindy – The human watcher is adorable, even though felt weird to write that. Ha! Did you draw it? Or is it an image of an embroidery? It’s a neat effect to do the edges like that.

7 Likes

Some of my all time favorite ATCs have been from @Kwality570 . I am a HUGE fan of her monsters. HUGE. I love the way she has evolved them over the years and all the layers and work she puts into them. Not to mention, how adorable they are.
I got another one. I love his little ears. they remind me of that creature the axolotl. This little dapper dude is named Bartholomew and he is a little anxious to say hi. Don’t worry, you are going to have a great home here!

Thank you so much Kwality570. I love him so much!!!

15 Likes

The bird is a picture of a mini quilt I made.

1 Like

We’re up to what, over 130 claims for the month? Is this some kind of record? XD

4 Likes

Today I received “joy” @Cindy’s word of the year and a pretty scenic watercolor from @gozer!

Thank you!

15 Likes

Definitely a record for the new site! I have no idea what the ATC swaps on the old site topped out at, but I’m sure there were some other huge ones over the years. :grin:

4 Likes

Wowza! This gallery is only going to be keep getting better!

1 Like

@gozer Beautiful landscape! It’s not easy to get that much depth and detail in such a small area. Bravo!!

1 Like

For @roler’s “fun new technique,” she created an excellent mini quilt she glued onto a stiff board.

Great idea, roler, thank you!

11 Likes

How cool!

I also received some bright and cheery ATCs from @Cindy.
For my Animals theme, she did some multicolor angular doodles and placed on it, her own photo of a black-capped chickadee. I love it!

And next for my Virtues theme, this sparkly, doodled word, Love, with hearts in the O and the E. So pretty!

Thanks so much! I love them both.
:heart:

14 Likes

@cindy, your bird art has been top notch lately.

3 Likes

Thank you!

Recd a piece @Lynx described as ‘rainbow mandala plus paint brushes equals Humpty Dumpty. I see it!

And from @thanate a beautiful shimmering stitched moon. I’d love to know how you did this? Is it paper? Painted? It’s really lovely!

Thank you!

12 Likes

Received an awesome Pushing Daisies card from @endymion today! Such a fun card to celebrate one of my favorite shows.

Meanwhile, I’m getting a little worried about the four cards I mailed a week ago… I know USPS is having its issues lately, but you’d think at least one of them would have reached its destination by now… :worried:

11 Likes

Thanks-- it’s my favorite black watercolor paper, on which I did a sort-of rainbow swirl with my new super mica-infused watercolors from Beam Paints, then did the embroidery, and overpainted the center of the moon with a graphite watercolor, and then added some stars in gel pen.

5 Likes

I received three lovely new ATCs today!

First, there’s this Pokémon one from @jellybean:

It’s a darling drawing of Eevee, her favorite! I’m actually surprised it took this long for Eevee to be claimed; it’s a really popular one!

And then, here are two wonderful anthropomorphic animals from @thanate!

First here’s a cool cat (possibly Jorts fanart, she says, which is perfect!!).

And here’s a sweet gardening bunny!!
The embroidery and the textured paper give a wonderful feel of depth to these cards.

Both generous swappers also sent me stickers and fun paper stuff in the envelopes as well; thank you both so much!!

10 Likes

I received the coolest card from @Cindy last night. It’s so graphic and bold. She said it was part of a larger piece that she cut down to form an ATC.
I also have to add that I am super impressed with how neat your hand writing was in the card. You must have been a teachers delight. Great penmanship!

12 Likes