Ongoing ATC swap gallery/discussion for 2022

I received a lot of ATCs while on vacation. Here are some from one pile of mail.

From Lynx2Lancer “Half spider half woman a la Medusa”. I really like the vivid colors used to create it and the bow she’s wearing in her “hair”.

From GeekyBookworm “Zazzy Cat” and “Fluffy Kitten’s Park Adventure”
Zazzy has very striking eyes and a cute hot pink nose that has been booped. From the park, I especially like the white kitten… what kind of marker did you use?
She also made this “Cute Zombie” wearing a gown. The mottled skin and drool is fantastic!

These next two are for my reverse mermaid made by thanate.
“Reverse-mer dreams - bubbles!”

The fish is colored on top of a magazine image. So, what ink did you use? It’s funny because the only way to make bubbles out of the water is to use the soapy mixture.
“Reverse Mermaid, poolside”

This one also cracks me up. Not swimming IN the pool, just lounging. It looks like the same orange is used in both even though the second one has a paper overlay.

“Let’s Do the Time Warp Again” by endymion. This was for my background dancers to the song. I dressed up as one of them for a RHPS screening at the theater. Super fun times that I wanted to remember. I do not find them creepy, they really capture that pelvic thrust that drives you insane. :wink:

The next batch will have to wait because it became cloudy outside again. Thank you, ladies, for my ATCs!!!

12 Likes

I love how @Lynx’s Medusa snakes have little faces. And those stripey spider legs are awesome!

@GeekyBookworm’s kitties are adorable and very nose-boop-able. That white one is the cutest! And the zombie’s ball gown is pretty impressive.

@thanate’s reverse mermaids are hilarious!

1 Like

The reverse mermaids were both with some of my sakura gel pens-- I think the fluorescents are all from the Moonlight pack, tho at this point I just have a big pencil pouch of them with a couple sets in.

(also if you’re on instagram, someone I follow posted some excellent drawings for “reverse mer-may”: Login • Instagram)

1 Like

I received this dreamy wave card from @curiousfae , done in watercolor. It has the perfect summery vibe, and is so pretty!

We also just watched Jaws as our holiday movie for the 4th, inspired by the ATC I did for irid3sc3nt. I may have to fill my house with shark themed summer stuff now, and this fits right in!

11 Likes

I received two wonderful cards from @endymion and @cindy! :blush:

This one is from @endymion and she went with my Escher inspired theme and made me a tessellated birds inspired card! Wow, that looks incredibly complicated to set up and draw! It turned out really cool, thank you! I love it! :heart_eyes:

This one is from @Cindy for my limited color palette theme and she picked yellow as her color along with black! It’s hard to see in the photo but the entire flower is all sparkly and gorgeous yellow along with the black sparkly outline and interior lines. You can see a bit of the sparkle in the lower right of the photo. It’s so pretty, thank you! I love it! :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

July’s Round is up! Click this link!

This will probably run into August a bit due to vacations and hosting ability. Go ahead and start sending in your sign ups.

4 Likes

Those are some great reverse mermaids! I didn’t think of a shark, but that’s pretty cool, too.

It wasn’t meant to have a black sparkly outline until I went to fix one area and grabbed the wrong marker. Couldn’t have just a tiny sparkly spot so around I went.

2 Likes

I received a really cool pair of embroidered socks from @chameleonhound along with a cool card, and a fun grammar card from @cindy with one of my biggest pet peeves.

Thanks!

12 Likes

That was me with the socks, but I’m glad you liked 'em!

1 Like

So sorry! I knew that. Fixed.

1 Like

Those socks are so cool! The colors are so cheery. And the yellow flower is stunning!

2 Likes

I like the wave layers in that ATC.
I’m excited to see the Jaws card! I was reading a book yesterday and the characters named their cat “Amity”. Guess what I immediately thought of? I think it was last year that I read a book about the Matawan shark attacks which… Did that inspire Jaws? I forget, it’s late :crazy_face:

1 Like

Sent my Q for July!

3 Likes

Me too! I’m still biting my nails over the ones that didn’t make it through the mail yet from June, though. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I received two beautiful atcs from @Bunny1kenobi! One for my Shadowhunters theme and one for my koalas theme!

Thanks so much!! I love them!

13 Likes

Yay! I got one from @GeekyBookworm, too!

Misheard song lyrics for the win!

12 Likes

Those theater masks are great! And I just love the expression on the death hamster, haha.

3 Likes

I love @GeekyBookworm’s colorful city! And both of those ATCs are adorable, @Bunny1kenobi !

1 Like

Two alphabet cards arrived today …

An Ākohekohe from @chameleonhound
I had to look this bird up, it’s an endangered species from Maui, Hawaii. In English it’s called a Crested Honeycreeper (see its fluffy crest)

A Scissortail Flycatcher from @endymion
This one I’ve heard of and it has great details on the back of the card.

Thank you both for the beautiful additions to my alphabet series!

13 Likes