Ongoing ATC swap gallery/discussion for 2022

@juju, I’ve added you so you can play. Everyone else that has sent me pms since yesterday or claimed, I’ll update hopefully tomorrow, so no worries!

4 Likes

@Juju, I saw your princesses theme and thought of what I recently saw on Instagram, called Pocket Princesses. They’re created by Amy Mebberson who illustrates comics and designs toys among other things. They’re so cute… Merida is funny and I was seriously happy to see Vanellope von Schweetz. Love her.

3 Likes

And now I’m going down the Vanellope von Schweetz costume rabbit hole.

1 Like

I just love Merida! And all that red curly hair! And yes, she is funny! Lol

I don’t think I’ve heard of her before. Now I gotta go Google!

Note: I went to see! She’s so adorable!

1 Like

Hi, @Juju! I just read your post over on the claims forum. I’m pretty new to trading ATCs, so still filling in some knowledge gaps. What do you mean when you say, “No cards without a finished back”?

I’ve just been flipping the cards over and writing info on the back. Is there some other way that is regarded as more “finished”?

Thanks!

1 Like

And August is almost over, so you can also sign up for September when you’re ready!

2 Likes

May have to skip September, much as I hate to. Signed up for too many other swaps and now I’m feeling S - T - R - E - T - C - H - E - D very thin.
Will still be lurking in the gallery, though.

3 Likes

I might join later on in September. I’ll be in two or three swaps that month already.

1 Like

I also just flip it over and write my info on the back. :upside_down_face: I think some people either use a rubber stamp kind of like this one on amazon or this one (google atc back stamp and you’ll see other variations) or do something similar by printing out a form and gluing it on the back to fill out. If I had to choose, I would do the stamp as I don’t care for the paper backs as much because of the unknown acidity content of the printer paper could damage the art over time, or fall off and the artist info is lost.

2 Likes

@endymion, A finished back just means that instead of the card just plain in the back, or whatever material you used to make the card, to put pretty paper or something at least that covers the back. Then put your name and info on that. Mine usually are made out of file folders or sometimes cardboard so that they are firm. So I like to put paper on the back to make it look more finished.

I hope that makes sense. :blush:

2 Likes

Yes, got it! Thanks for the explanation, @Juju.

And thanks to you also, @bluebird, for the info and resources you provided.

1 Like

I have a paper form. It has my contact info on it and where it originated. I usually (though not lately for some reason) adhere my ATCs to a sturdy backing, then put the form on that.

1 Like

@juju — I have another question about the backs and what you consider finished looking. What if the back is plain white? Or plain black? I usually use either white watercolor paper or white Bristol paper to do my art cards. I also have black art paper. Are you ok with the white/black backs (with the card info written on it) or are you wanting the white/black covered? Thanks!

2 Likes

Oh yes! That’s more then fine. Anything that gives it a finished look to the back and i can read who it’s from.

I’m sorry y’all! I didn’t mean to sound so picky.

3 Likes

Thanks! :blush: No worries! I just wanted to make sure I understood what you wanted. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome back to hosting @thanate !!!

3 Likes

I’m planning on joining in on September once I get feedback on the Stationery Swap. I need to keep a slot open to decide if I want to join the LC Halloween swap.

1 Like

Oh! I am a few days behind my send out date! I’m working on it, still. :dizzy:

Hey August Swappers! If you had a card due by Sept 2, can you please check the list to make sure you’ve let me know you’ve sent and I have your claims correct! I’m sure we’ve all been busy and I want to be sure we’re all on the same page. Thanks!

1 Like

I have three to go out on Tuesday (Reinikka, WiccadWitch, curiousfae) when USPS resumes after Labor Day. I’m behind on my ATCs.

2 Likes