Ongoing ATC swap gallery/discussion for 2022

I have a binder with those 9 pocket trading card pages. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m a binder girl as well.

Little Tobi is adorable!!

5 Likes

Such a cute frog!
:frog:

I’m new to ATCs, and plan to eventually create a binder (have already bought the baseball-trading-card plastic-sleeve pages to fill it).

But in the meantime… My sister gave me as a gift, these “index card bleachers”. It was back when I was doing a lot of project management at work, and using index cards to organize tasks and teams, etc. I’m not using them for that any more, but they do make a great ATC display!

Right now, my entire ATC collection fits, but soon it won’t! I plan to continue to use the bleachers to display new and favorite cards once the collection migrates to a binder.

18 Likes

I’m super bad at typing replies because I stink at typing on my phone and my finger is currently buddy taped, but I am really enjoying all the cards!

Today I received “Bizarro Bird” from @endymion.

I hope he’s kind. He looks pretty cool and regal.

17 Likes

Hahaha! I guess I should google words before I use them in the titles of my ATCs. Although I do love Superman ( I often give DH a Superman card for Valentine’s Day), I was unaware of a Bizarro Superman supervillain. The bird is definitely sweet and kind. Just bizarre-looking!

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t even think of that connection! I knew what you meant!

2 Likes

I received a double themed card from @photojenn :smile: using fodder and try something new :grin: love it!!! Thank you :kissing_heart:

17 Likes

Very cool!

2 Likes

What a wonderful background!

2 Likes

I got two wonderful new cards today!

First, there’s this cool zentangle “words that are fun to say” card from @Cindy:

It came with a great story about her creative pronunciation of “metabolism”! XD
Reminds me of middle school when a kid brought in his word for the day, “melancholy,” and pronounced it “Meh-LANK-uh-lee”! Sounds way happier than it should!

And next is another altered vintage photo card from @endymion:

It has a wonderfully whimsical title: “The Half-Shod Prince and his Phantosmagorical Steed”! So creative and fun!
She also showed me a photo of the card that got lost in the mail; it’s a darling Pokémon and I hope it does eventually show up 'cause it’s so cute!

Thank you both!! <3

14 Likes

@endymion
What a great idea for a display!

Recd from @Lynx
This crazy combo

Hey, you never know! Maybe it’s yummy. :laughing:

13 Likes

I love the Half-shod prince! What a funny title! Great card as well.

And now I want pie.

3 Likes

I received a “candy coated egg” card from @curiousfae! It does remind me of candy too, like those robin’s egg candies for Easter. :slight_smile: It has metallics and shimmer and its very pretty! Thank you! :blush:

22acsacceefccff

16 Likes

I received two ATCs in the mail today!

From @cindy for my bright and happy 2022 theme came this card:

It almost looks like fireworks from the pattern and the bright colors just amplify that!
She sent it in this awesome doodled notecard:

And from @endymion came this card titled “Bizarro Fish” for my fishes theme:

The note says that she used craft paint and white gel pen on black board. It was inspired by a children’s book illustration that she found online from the 1970s. I love the bright, bold colors on the dark background and his underbite is adorable! The teal, yellow, orange, and red are a GREAT combination.

Thanks to you both!!!

18 Likes

How fun!

2 Likes

@Cindy, your doodle cards are so cool!
@Lynx, great green pie! Love the stripey edge of the plate.
@curiousfae, that egg is fab!

4 Likes

I got a wonderful, clever card from @Lynx today!
For my “self-portrait” theme, she made a word art self portrait. So creative and so awesome!

I learned a lot of new things about her. It was fun to follow each line of text as it went along, curving and turning corners. Thank you so much; I love it!

15 Likes

@Lynx that’s a great card!

@curiousfae your candy coated egg looks delicious

@endymion superb fish!

3 Likes

@endymion that fish is so colorful! I especially love the tail. And the chair for the price is great.is it painted on? It almost looks like fabric.

2 Likes

Thanks! I printed the antique photo on ink-jet-printer fabric, embroidered on it, colored it a bit with colored pencils, and then stretched the fabric around a card. Glued the fabric edges on the back side of the card. Then stuck another card on the back to hide all the glued edges.

I cut the cards slightly small, knowing that the fabric would add to the size.

The chair really did look like an animal to me, before I even started embroidering on it.

5 Likes