Ongoing ATC swap gallery/discussion for 2022

Thanks! I made the black using marker and then went over it with this stuff: GooseBumps Texture Spray and Daubers | Imagine I use the tube inside of the spray bottle to get a few drops out at a time, then paint over the black lines with a very fine brush. It dries super fast and adds a special touch!

2 Likes

That’s fantastic!
It reminds me of when we were in grade 6 and for our school fete we all made these faux leadlight glass jars - it was so much fun! I have a poor memory, but I do remember this activity.
This was one of my funniest memories from primary school because my friend, also named Lauren, knocked over one of the little jars that you painted the colour on with, and my very prim and proper teacher said ‘sh*t’ as she quickly righted it. We were all so shocked!

2 Likes

Oooh, that is beautiful!

1 Like

i received two amazing cards that made me so happy to have joined this month!
First up, I got this incredible Ghostbusters Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man from @curiousfae. He is absolute perfection! I love the expression. It’s so well done. Thank you so much!!!

Next, I got this incredible black cat from @endymion. I don’t know if you have ever tried to draw a black cat, it’s hard. You have to do the reverse of how you were taught to draw. You don’t shade, you add highlights. She did an amazing job. And the little nose and eyes are glossy too! Side shot to get that effect. Also, loved the paper you taped him too. You’ll be seeing that again as a background to an ATC at some point. :wink:

13 Likes

That cat is beautiful, @endymion!

2 Likes

That cat is so lifelike! It looks like he could step off the paper and nuzzle you with that wee nose.

2 Likes

I recd 5 cards this weekend!

From @GeekyBookworm
Dark and mysterious nighttime cityscape

From @Lynx
Two version of Mother Nature
My favorite is the tattooed gal. Love her flouncy skirt too.

From @megwell
Fun texture collage
It’s got some cool corrugated cardboard and netting from a bath sponge. Clever!

Finally from @thanate
Cool ephemera collage with items procured from a family member. She also sent lots of random emphemera. Really interesting mix.

Thanks everyone!

11 Likes

I’m so glad it got there unscathed; the envelope was so puffy :grimacing:.

Also, after I sent it I saw @geekgirl’s recent ATC post again and realized the “create” was almost inspired by one of her cards (aka, I subconsciously ripped her off without crediting it :woman_facepalming:t2:).

2 Likes

Such cool cards! Love the ephemera and the different takes on Mother Nature, and the night time sky line. It’s fun to see how everyone interprets themes.

I expect we all do some unconscious “borrowing” of ideas… as my memory deteriorates, I expect to do it more and more!

@GeekyBookworm great job on the nighttime cityscape!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

hahaha! no worries. I used a stamp for mine so not like I put a lot of effort into it! Love the corrugated cardboard.

1 Like

I really like my pretty doodled tulip from@cindy!

Thank you!

12 Likes

I got mine for @Cindy too!

This adorable guy! His eyes are pleading with you to love him even though he may be a tad spicy.

13 Likes

Love both of them!

1 Like

OMG, that had me laughing! Secret Asian Man. Never thought of it that way.

Has anyone done “Hold me closer, Tony Danza” (instead of tiny dancer)?? Someone out there needs to!

1 Like

For my teacher theme, @GeekyBookworm made a cool representation of the learning model I’ve been mentored to make for assignments for her sock cactus!

I love it!

10 Likes

I’m glad! I’d figured you’d enjoy the humor of it!

2 Likes

I received three cards this week:
Cute cactus from @Bunny1kenobi
Songbird from @megwell
Piglet from @endymion

THANK YOU … each is special and great additions to my themes!

11 Likes

We once went to a karaoke place and one of my friends selected this song. Those were the words that showed up on the screen!

2 Likes