Complete: Ongoing ATC Swap May 2023

:bouquet: :blossom::seedling: :tulip: Ongoing ATCs, May 2023! :bouquet: :blossom::seedling: :tulip:

(ATC by @fluffypants, photo by @irid3sc3nt)

Discussion and Gallery thread is here: Ongoing ATC swap gallery & discussion 2023
Please make sure you are Watching this thread, or check it regularly.

From the old c’ster thread: This is an ongoing swap, with your level of participation determined entirely by you, with a minimum of one card for the month. People of all levels of card making are welcome. Sign-ups are open all month. Please make sure you are not late or flaky in any of your other swaps, and that you have good communication.

Artist trading cards can be made by anyone, from any material, with any method. The official card is the size of a rectangular baseball card, 2.5 by 3.5 inches done in a cardstock weight paper. This swap tends to openly interpret what that means. We have seen cards made from nature, sewn, woven, and knitted, pop-ups, movables, mini books, stained glass, clay, and even a 4-d dollhouse room. All skill levels welcome, just send your best work (and try to refrain from critiquing your own cards in the gallery any more than you would anyone else’s!) Preferences can be mentioned when you make a claim.

Definitons:

atc: artist trading card.

artist’s choice: in claiming the creator chooses any theme but sticks to requests like flat cards only or hand-drawn only.

tbd: to be determined, in claiming the artist will pick from the theme list later.

kid card or card made by kiddos: only allowed where the theme list specifically mentions that they would like a kid card. Kid cards are always welcome as extras and should be posted in the gallery.

bulky: are cards that will not fit in a plastic baseball card sleeve

Swap name: Ongoing ATC swap May 2023
Lettuce Craft member who is organizing this swap: thanate
Sign-up date range: May 1 through May 31, 2023
Send out Date: 2 weeks after the day you claim
Limited to a certain number of people? no

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? no

Additional Age requirement? no

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO

Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Questionnaire:
*Name of swap: Ongoing ATC Swap – May 2023
*Lettuce Craft username:
*Email address:
*Your real name AND Mailing address including the country (written as it would appear on the envelope):

*Are you at least 16 years old?
*Have you read the entire swap information for this swap?
*Have you met the Participant Conditions?
*Have you checked in with the gallery/discussion thread?
*What is the exact size of an atc?
*Are you able to post pictures here of what you receive?
*Are you aware that if a card is lost in the mail, you are required to resend?
*How soon should you post pictures of the cards you receive?
*When sending sent/received messages to the swap organizer, there are four pieces of information that must be included about each swap. What are they?
*Bonus Q: what theme do you wish more people would pick?

CLAIMING:
Starting May 1, you may begin claiming as soon as the organizer has approved your questionnaire. You may make as many claims as you like during the month as long as you have fewer than 10 claims outstanding (ie, that have not been SENT). After you make a claim, you have 2 weeks to send it; if you look at a calendar, your “due date” will be two rows down. Please keep track of your claims; the organizer will do this also, but in case of confusion it’s always easier not to have to keep scrolling back upthread in search of stuff! :wink:

New swappers: If this is your first swap, you are allowed one claim to start. Once that card has been RECEIVED, you may make up to 10 claims just like everyone else.

Claims are made chain-style:
Swap Organizer posts a list of themes.
Swapper A chooses a theme from Swap Organizer’s list, and posts their own list of themes.
Swapper B chooses a theme from Swapper A’s list, & posts their own list.
etc…
At the end of the month the Swap Organizer will make a last claim and close the swap.

Your claim should look something like this:
I claim ATC Maker for “happy theme”, due (2 weeks from today)
3/1/1 (3 claims made/2 sent/1 of those received)

Hi I’m Swapper, from Country! Please don’t send me anything 3D or with fiery death.

My themes are:
Ponies
Hearts
Sandcastles
Tomatoes

After you have claimed, please message the person you claimed to ask for their address.

Then make your card & send it! :green_heart:
Because this is a swap of tiny papercrafts, you do not need a postal receipt. However, if your card does not arrive within 2 weeks, you will be asked to make and send a new one. (Given the pandemic & global mail nonsense, we’ll play this by ear, but we want everyone to get their cards!)

When you send or receive please be sure to message the organizer and the person your are sending to/receiving from with the following info:
*to (who is getting the card)
*from (who sent the card)
*due date
*theme chosen

this can be super simple:
I sent today!
due 8/14, from Swapper to ATC Maker for happy theme

When you get a card, post a picture to the gallery! You have 3 days from the day you receive to do this.

Feedback will be given when all your claims have been received & all the pictures you are responsible for have been posted.

Please post your general questions, encouragement, and other chatting in the gallery/discussion thread also. (For specific questions message the organizer.) This thread should contain claims only.

Enjoy your ATCs!

4 Likes

Swappers:
:rainbow: @thanate 1/1/1
:rainbow: @bluebird 1/1/1 +2 angel cards!
:broken_heart:@Juju 2/0/0 (temporary negative due to illness)
:rainbow: @megwell 3/3/3
:rainbow: @Lynx 1/1/1

Key:
:seedling: new swapper (one claim until first card is received)
:snail: running late (with communication)
:package: sent!
:gift: received!
:rainbow: swapper is finished!

Claims:

due 5/19:
megwell to thanate for something you’d include in a spellbook :package: 5/12 :gift:

due 5/20:
Juju to megwell for pinterest-inspired :snail:
angel card from bluebird :package: 6/12 :gift:

due 5/21:
megwell to Juju for color trio :package: 5/12 :gift:

due 5/22:
thanate to megwell for tbd :package: 5/23 :gift:
Juju to thanate for tbd :snail:
angel card from bluebird :package: 6/16 :gift:

due 6/1:
megwell to Juju for letter L :package: 6/1 :gift:

due 6/2:
Lynx2Lancer to megwell for artist’s choice :package: 5/31 :gift:

due 6/3:
bluebird to Lynx2Lancer for tbd :package: 5/30 :gift:

1 Like

First list:

Hi! I’m Ann, currently in Maryland. I prefer kid-safe (creepy/nature is fine, profanity/R-rated not) & no unsealed microplastics, but otherwise have fun! :slight_smile:

Themes for me:

*draw me a map of:
-someplace real that you love or miss
-someplace that doesn’t exist
-something that’s not a place
-a maze or labyrinth

*something you’d include in a spell book
*things Baba Yaga would keep on her shelf
*Witchy/cottagecore

*things painted or carved on stone (cave art, runestones, garden rocks, etc)
*Simple drawings in ocher & charcoal colors

*Little Good Things (something that makes you happy!)

*anything from one of my previous lists

Themes for my kid: (today her favorite colors are gold, yellow, & orange)

*anything Legend of Zelda, especially BotW
*dragons
*Illustrated recipes for potions

1 Like

I claim thanate for something you’d include in a spellbook, due 5/19

Claims (total for the month): 1
Sent (in transit): 0
Received: 0
Outstanding: 1

I’m Megan in Indiana, USA. I welcome cards from all skill/experience levels! Nothing political, preachy, Covid-related, or shedding glitter, please. I’m not a fan of vulgarity for vulgarity’s sake, but if you’ve got a great quotation you want to use with a swear word or something in it, go for it. (Except the c-word; no time for that.) I keep my cards in sleeves in a binder, so I appreciate low bulk, but that’s not a deal-breaker.

Here are my themes this month:

-Something for my TV Sleuths collection! Send me your fave, or I can provide a list of some of mine.
-artist’s choice
-adult merit badge
-found poetry/found caption
-my 2023 word of the year, thrive
-a card in a style/technique you’ve wanted to try
-something inspired by my papercraft Pinterest board (but non-paper interpretations are welcome): https://www.pinterest.com/meganknoll/papercraft-inspiration
-robot unicorns

2 Likes

I claim @megwell for something from her Pinterest, due 5/20

Claims: 1
Sent: 0

Hi! I’m Juju and I’m from northwest Arkansas,USA. I don’t like alot of gore, politics, or anything that is negative towards others. Otherwise, I cherish each card that is created for me.

My themes this month are:

• summer (beaches, palm trees, seagulls, seashells, etc…)

• My birthday: June, Gemini, roses, “60”, Etc…

• Trio of colors:
    ~ purple, pink, light blue
    ~ pink, green, brown
    ~ Purple, blue, yellow

• Something from the 1960’s : TV shows, fashion, toys, advertisements, popular songs, etc…

• My alphabet ATC’s: A,B,C,D,E,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z

• Something from one of my favorite authors:
    ~ Jane Austen
    ~ Edgar Allen Poe
    ~ Karen M Moning
    ~ J.K Rowling

~ lustration from a book title, character, prominent object with title of book somewhere- for instance, something they are wearing, an animal described, place

~ Hello Kitty
~ Bunnies
~ blue birds (I was a blue bird/campfire girl)
~ Barbie
~ Merida from Brave
~ Viking Symbols
~ Japanese asthetic; writing, colors, symbols, architecture, koi, kawaii…
~ Scottish culture ; bagpipes, tartan, Celtic knots, etc…
~ a portrait of my dogs
~ a picture of your favorite subject/theme

:paintbrush: Thank you for creating for me! :art:

3 Likes

I claim Juju for one of her color trios, due 5/21

Claims (total for the month): 2
Sent (in transit): 0
Outstanding: 2

I’m Megan in Indiana, USA. I welcome cards from all skill/experience levels! Nothing political, preachy, Covid-related, or shedding glitter, please. I’m not a fan of vulgarity for vulgarity’s sake, but if you’ve got a great quotation you want to use with a swear word or something in it, go for it. (Except the c-word; no time for that.) I keep my cards in sleeves in a binder, so I appreciate low bulk, but that’s not a deal-breaker.

-Something for my TV Sleuths collection! Send me your fave, or I can provide a list of some of mine.
-artist’s choice
-adult merit badge
-something inspired by my papercraft Pinterest board (but non-paper interpretations are welcome): https://www.pinterest.com/meganknoll/papercraft-inspiration
-robot unicorns

2 Likes

I claim megwell for tbd, due 5/22
1/0/0

Hi! I’m Ann, currently in Maryland. I prefer kid-safe (creepy/nature is fine, profanity/R-rated not) & no unsealed microplastics, but otherwise have fun! :slight_smile:

Themes for me:

*draw me a map of:
-someplace real that you love or miss
-someplace that doesn’t exist
-something that’s not a place
-a maze or labyrinth

*something you’d include in a spell book
*things Baba Yaga would keep on her shelf
*Witchy/cottagecore

*things painted or carved on stone (cave art, runestones, garden rocks, etc)
*Simple drawings in ocher & charcoal colors

*Little Good Things (something that makes you happy!)

*anything from one of my previous lists

Themes for my kid: (favorite colors gold, yellow, orange)

*anything Legend of Zelda, especially BotW
*dragons
*Illustrated recipes for potions

2 Likes

I claim @thanate for something tbd due 5/22

Claims: 2
Sent: 0

Hi! I’m Juju and I’m from northwest Arkansas,USA. I don’t like alot of gore, politics, or anything that is negative towards others. Otherwise, I cherish each card that is created for me.

My themes this month are:

• summer (beaches, palm trees, seagulls, seashells, etc…)
  • My birthday: June, Gemini, roses, “60”, Etc…
  • Trio of colors:
    ~ purple, pink, light blue
    ~ pink, green, brown
    ~ Purple, blue, yellow
  • Something from the 1960’s : TV shows, fashion, toys, advertisements, popular songs, etc…
  • My alphabet ATC’s: A,B,C,D,E,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z
  • Something from one of my favorite authors:
    ~ Jane Austen
    ~ Edgar Allen Poe
    ~ Karen M Moning
    ~ J.K Rowling

~ lustration from a book title, character, prominent object with title of book somewhere- for instance, something they are wearing, an animal described, place

~ Hello Kitty
~ Bunnies
~ blue birds (I was a blue bird/campfire girl)
~ Barbie
~ Merida from Brave
~ Viking Symbols
~ Japanese asthetic; writing, colors, symbols, architecture, koi, kawaii…
~ Scottish culture ; bagpipes, tartan, Celtic knots, etc…
~ a portrait of my dogs
~ a picture of your favorite subject/theme

:paintbrush: Thank you for creating for me! :art:

2 Likes

I claim Juju for alphabet: L, due 6/1

Claims (total for the month): 3
Sent (in transit): 1
Received: 1

-artist’s choice
-adult merit badge
-robot unicorns
-New theme: Reimagined Clue character (game version or movie version). Change their traditional gender, give 'em a theme, make 'em half dinosaur – interpret however you like.

2 Likes

I claim @megwell for artist’s choice due June 2nd.
1/0/0

I’m Laura and I live in Ohio.

My themes:

Pairs of socks
Teacher/Teaching
Watercolor scenery
Your best mixed media style
Artist Choice
Make Believe Bird
Cactus/Houseplants
Whimsical Trees
Dogs Dancing
Black and White with pop of a fluorescent/neon color
Rubber Duck

I’m going to borrow @irid3sc3nt’s pick three theme. :slight_smile: (Preferable drawn/painted elements)
Stripes
Circles
Cats
Birds
Nature (trees, leaves, moss, plants, flowers, etc)
Warm Colors
Cool Colors
Musical Notes
Ransom Style Note (can collage this element) – Does not have to be a ransom note. Can be affirmation, joke, etc
1 point perspective
2 point perspective
Ocean Creature
Analog Clock Face
Clouds
Rainbows
Put a Face on It

Thanks for claiming me! (Artist choice is my favorite!)

1 Like

I claim lynx2lancer for tbd, due June 3

1 / 1 / 0

Hi! I live in the USA.

I prefer flat, paper cards as I store them in a binder.
No 3d elements.
Hand drawn / painted illustration is my fav style (all skill levels!), but please do feel free to do other styles.
No: creepy bugs, clowns, Santas, politics, nudity/pinups/NSFW, curse words or blood/gore.
Please no digital prints/reproductions of your work in lieu of the original.

Thank you for claiming me! :slight_smile:

• Limited palette art - You pick the subject matter (doesn’t have to be one of my themes from below) and one color (i.e., blue or pink or green) and do a piece using your one color plus black. No other colors. (i.e. blue + black, yellow + black, green + black, gold + black etc.) You can change the values of each color (i.e. the very lightest to darkest shade for each of the two colors. So for blue, extremely pale blue to deep dark blue and for black you can use black, greys and white). Example: If you pick pink as your color and you are painting a flower you cannot use green for the foliage. It will have to be shades of pink or black/white/grey.

• Birds or hens - I love birds of all sorts and hens. Silly or cute or cartoony or realistic are all great! Ideas: sweet & fluffy, wearing winter clothing, in hats, with a crown, steampunk, robot, crows, ravens, fairy wrens, birds or hens doing things to get in trouble, birds or hens doing something silly
• bunnies

• Something you would find in a treasure chest or a dragon’s treasure hoard
• Geodes
• crystals
• gems
• jewel encrusted something (normal like jewelry or silly like a jewel encrusted wooden spoon)
• Fabergé egg
• diadem of Ravenclaw
• sword of Gryffindor
• Dumbledore

• dark acadamia
• mystery (I was thinking along the lines of puzzles, secrets, etc. Like the little mysterious envelopes passed along in Edward Gorey’s art. But you can interpret ‘mystery’ to mean other things too.)

• Enchanted forest (sweet or dark)
• a secret portal
• winter wonderland
• fantasy creature (i.e. dragons, jackelope, wolpertinger, phoenix, unicorns etc.)

• Fantasy field guide page - You are an adventurer out exploring a fantastical world! Make a page for a fantasy field guide depicting a creature you have found and include some notes about said creature on the page. (What does it eat? Does it use camouflage? Where does it live? etc.) You can use well known creatures (i.e. dragons!) or make something up. If you google image search ‘fantasy field guide’ you’ll get some ideas of what the pages typically look like.
• A fantasy egg! field guide page - You are an adventurer out exploring a fantastical world and found an egg from a fantastical creature! Make a page for a fantasy egg field guide depicting an egg you have found and include some notes about said egg on the page. (How large is it? What does the nest look like? etc.) If there is more than one egg in the nest maybe draw two or three eggs showing the variation in the shell patterns. You can use well known creatures (i.e. dragons!) or make something up. If you google image search ‘egg field guide’ you’ll get some ideas of what the pages typically look like.
• cute creature/mouse/bunny/etc on a journey (i.e. something like a little mouse with backpack and walking stick walking in a strange world. Doesn’t have to be this exactly, but something that evokes the same kind of feeling. Like a hobbit on a quest sort of feeling.)
• It’s a zombie apocalypse! Here’s what’s in my backpack…OR Here’s my outfit and weapon of choice…

• Alice In Wonderland
• Labyrinth (1986 movie)
• Beatrix Potter - Peter Rabbit
• dark crystal (1982 film)
• Star Wars - original 3 only - (Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi)
• Princess Bride (1987)

• Draw your day in the style of the book “Draw your Day” by Samantha Dion Baker
• art done in the style of James Christensen, Edward Gorey, Mouseguard, World of Warcraft, Creaks (amanita designs), machinarium (amanita designs)
• Inspired by my “Art I Like” board on Pinterest

1 Like