Ongoing Ornament Swap 2020 Discussion and Gallery

Wow! That is awesome! Great work and attention to detail @AuFish

I am so glad that it arrived safe and sound @endymion!

The guitar is hand carved from wooden disks and the back piece was made with woodburning and colored with alcohol ink. It was fun to make.

@roler @lifeinpigtails thanks :blush:

6 Likes

@AuFish, you hand carved that guitar?? Very nice job! I love all the details you put in it and it’s really thoughtful how you tied in a second of endymion’s themes!

2 Likes

I’ve got ideas for @marionberries and @Lynx’s ornaments swirling in my head. I’m going to use my small amount of child free time, while my son is in school tomorrow to go to Hobby Lobby! I’m very much looking forward to my shopping trip :blush:.

2 Likes

That guitar is stellar and deserves its own post!

2 Likes

Inspiring ornaments. I love the hand crafted felt ones, and all hand stitched…wow. And that guitar is so sweet.

I have three claims and now have pieces of three ornaments scattered across my table. Hope I keep them straight! And all from stash. Unfortunately, these little things don’t make much of a dent in the overall hoard of craft items.

2 Likes

@roler, your last claim says that it’s for me instead of @AuFish. I’m guessing you went to tag her and since we both start with ‘Au,’ I got tagged instead. I know it shows her claim post as deleted, but she is still planning on making me an ornament, so the chain should be able to continue without a problem.

Oh, shoot, sorry! I’ll go fix it!!

I did mean you, @AuFish!! So sorry about the confusion!!

Ok, this is confusing for me because I don’t see where @AuFish is planning to make you an ornament @AudiobookLover. I think it’s probably a better idea for @roler to claim you (@AudiobookLover) as the claim order shows (since AuFish deleted her post)and keep the chain going that way because that is our official swap record.

Aaaah, I’m so sorry for the typo causing all this trouble! Is it possible for @AuFish to somehow make that deleted post reappear? I claimed based on a thing on AuFish’s list, and she claimed based on AudiobookLover’s, so I don’t want to make her rethink her whole ornament too. ToT

1 Like

If I can figure out how to get the post up, I’ll give the guitar is time in the spotlight. Maybe a tutorial?

Okay, my silly Hufflepuff tendencies made a new by trying to fix what I thought was a mess. @roler @Lynx @AudiobookLover I flagged the post and it was restored. Now everything should be in order. Let me know if there is anything else I need to do. Sorry for the kerfuffle.

3 Likes

Perfect! We are good to go!

2 Likes

You guys!! If I counted right, we have had 43 ornament claims so far, and we still have 11 days to go!

4 Likes

That’s amazing! What a productive group! XD

And creative group!

1 Like

My mailman showed up five hours late today! I guess he knew, that I knew, that he knew that my ornament from @roler was in his truck! Look at this adorable guy. She mashed 2 of my themes to come up with this, party hat llama! I love his wee ears sticking out, forgive the background, best light this time of day (5pm). He’s adorable, thank you Laura! :smiley:

12 Likes

Gah! Could he be any more adorable?

2 Likes

Cu-u-u-te

2 Likes

He is so festive in his little hat and bright blanket! He practically a party all on his own!

3 Likes